2023 Recruiting: - Justin Edwards | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Justin Edwards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do any of these billionaires have a die hard interest in UConn basketballs success? We can’t just steal their money.
Looney is already trying for redistribution, not our basketball team

Reaction Score
Do any of these billionaires have a die hard interest in UConn basketballs success? We can’t just steal their money.
I don't know but the Governor of the state is worth hundreds of millions of dollars and he has a vested interest in UConn basketball success. He also has friends who are as wealthy/more wealthy than he is.

Reaction Score
They're all located in Fairfield county and consider themselves part of New York, not CT.

Reaction Score
There are. But apparently this only exists in the south (saracasm). Whether or not they want to play this game I have no idea, but I can think of a couple beyond the 1 I inferred earlier. I am not going to throw any other names around here as if to say it is their responsibility but if you look into the big players involved in making the practice facility happen, there are a couple folks that could theoretically come forward again.

Reaction Score
UConn isn’t a huge brand like UK basketball. My point isn’t that CT isn’t a wealthy state, it’s that UConn will not get this type of support from anyone in the NIL scene. I’d love to be proven wrong, but it doesn’t seem like it’s in the cards for us. Schools with crazy boosters are going to run wild and we can only watch.
Yeah, that’s right, and I heard ESPN is moving to Louisville.

Reaction Score
They're all located in Fairfield county and consider themselves part of New York, not CT.
Actually, most of us in lower Fairfield County, including some very wealthy guys I know, consider ourselves part of CT. And by the way, this County, whose residents you choose to deride, contributes an outsized proportion of personal and corporate taxes to state coiffures, which of course is distributed throughout the state.

Reaction Score
Even Mr Burton?

We are New York's team.
Was mostly joking. People repeat that CT is one of the richest states and quote x number of high net worth individuals live here. But anecdotally the bulk of that wealth is based on Fairfield county.

Are we New York's team or can we claim it cause fans from all over the State will travel into New York?

Reaction Score
Actually, most of us in lower Fairfield County, including some very wealthy guys I know, consider ourselves part of CT. And by the way, this County, whose residents you choose to deride, contributes an outsized proportion of personal and corporate taxes to state coiffures, which of course is distributed throughout the state.
See response above, I was kidding.

But does your response add to the we're Fairfield and then there's everyone else sentiment?

Reaction Score
Was mostly joking. People repeat that CT is one of the richest states and quote x number of high net worth individuals live here. But anecdotally the bulk of that wealth is based on Fairfield county.

Are we New York's team or can we claim it cause fans from all over the Stare will travel into New York.
5 OT’s. MSG. Greatest game ever.

Reaction Score
See response above, I was kidding.

But does your response add to the we're Fairfield and then there's everyone else sentiment?
Come on, dude. In fact, it’s the opposite. Most people in CT don’t consider Fairfield County and its residents true Nutmeggers. You’re riding an oft-constructed agenda that eminates from the east and north. And you know it. So stop.

Reaction Score
Come on, dude. In fact, it’s the opposite. Most people in CT don’t consider Fairfield County and its residents true Nutmeggers. You’re riding an oft-constructed agenda that eminates from the east and north. And you know it. So stop.
Stop what. I said I was kidding. I acknowledge it triggered a response.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Gotta think we are toast with that kind of $howing
We need to one of them by having not only the entire staff visit him, but also 20 to 30 key members of The Boneyard. Check your PMs to see if you’ve been chosen.

Reaction Score
I see we’re doing the SEC boogeyman thing again smh.

Reaction Score
We need to one of them by having not only the entire staff visit him, but also 20 to 30 key members of The Boneyard. Check your PMs to see if you’ve been chosen.
Must be a PM spam filter that I have to turn off...

Reaction Score
As someone from Fairfield County that got a look of disgust most times I told people at UConn where I was from, I can attest to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom