2023 Recruiting: - Justin Edwards | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Justin Edwards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He was Randy’s rich guy since his son played football at UConn. His company went through bankruptcy in recent years and the printing business is not exactly the future. Suggest you move on to another nominee.
My point was “Randy’s rich guy” from Greenwich didn’t consider himself part of New York since he lived in Fairfield County as the other poster stated. He cared about CT and UConn when he had the money, not just because his son went there.

Reaction Score
In a way, not having a D1 men's lax program ultimately hurts our relations in Fairfield, as it is "their" sport. I know right pre-COVID we were closing to making the move, but I'm sure that's been set back another 5-10 years given the financial/Title IX difficulties it would create...

Reaction Score
It comes down to the fact that most people in FC would rather send their kid to some middling, expensive private school than UConn. The disconnect there is real.
Yeah you’re right, let’s forget about Sacred Heart, WestConn and a couple others.

Reaction Score
Yeah you’re right, let’s forget about Sacred Heart, WestConn and a couple others.

I'm not sure what point you're making but West Conn is public and Sacred Heart is kind of the perfect example although, anecdotally, more of the kids I grew up with in FC went to middling private schools in the surrounding states instead of in Connecticut.

Reaction Score

Sacred Heart is a middling expensive private school. The type that FC people send their kids to because they want to feel special. WCSU is the type of school they will refuse to send their kid to even though they'd save 10s of 1000s of dollars with a similar level of prestige (aka, none)

SHU sticker price: 65,000
WCSU sticker price: 29,000

Put me squarely in the save 135,000$ in four years camp unless your school has the name, selectivity and funding to make it worth it. Ultimately, I'm happy to see local colleges funded, but I'm sure as hell not paying for my kid to go to SHU. Even looking at net price that accounts for aid, we're still talking about pushing 100,000 more over the course of four years.

Reaction Score
They both transferred because they didn’t see a big enough role for themselves. Edwards won’t have to worry about that on any team he joins.

Not everything is that connected. This would be no different than Team Final coaches thinking “I hope UConn doesn’t stop showing our program love/interest because two of our guys didn’t pan out for them.” There’s a codependent relationship in recruiting and not every player works out, which every coach knows.
Correct. Final benefits from UConn interest, both recruiting wise and for visuals. Hurley is one of the more well known coaches nationwide and may now be the most known in the big east with Wright gone.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
In a way, not having a D1 men's lax program ultimately hurts our relations in Fairfield, as it is "their" sport. I know right pre-COVID we were closing to making the move, but I'm sure that's been set back another 5-10 years given the financial/Title IX difficulties it would create...
i never understood why UConn didn't do men's lax. Fairfield County is loaded with talent. if hockey could eventually get good players, i am sure lacrosse could do the same at UConn.
went to my first lacrosse game last year Prep vs Wilton and it was actually enjoyable to watch. Prep crowd/kids were amazing

Reaction Score
As someone from Fairfield County that got a look of disgust most times I told people at UConn where I was from, I can attest to this.
Your directional pomposity meter must have been off the charts when you pointed it them.

Reaction Score
Actually, most of us in lower Fairfield County, including some very wealthy guys I know, consider ourselves part of CT. And by the way, this County, whose residents you choose to deride, contributes an outsized proportion of personal and corporate taxes to state coiffures, which of course is distributed throughout the state.
The state is paying for haircuts now ?

Reaction Score
To be fair, Man City and Liverpool are in a tight race at the top of the table. It’s good stuff.
No argument here, just saying how college sports is becoming the pros.

Reaction Score
That's a big miss. We were prioritizing him and couldn't cut the top 7.

Obviously not the end of the world but still not a great sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits