2023 Recruiting: - Justin Edwards | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Justin Edwards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That was just about the shortests, tersest feeling interview I've ever read lol.

It's always been good guys or UK. No inside info, just a gut feeling.

Tom Moore is the one recruiting him, right?

Reaction Score

Remind me of Paul George. Much more ballhandling and perimeter work than I saw in his HS games. Love that he can pivot on both feet--underrated skill at the college level for wings. Severely limited Polley and Whaley for years.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking our relationship with Team Final has probably soured after Diggins and Floyd both entered the portal.

Will be interesting to see anyway.
True, I definitely got less optimistic about Edwards when all that went down.

But who knows, maybe his bond with Hurley and Young is strong enough anyways. Certainly encouraging to hear UK may be backing off a touch.

Reaction Score
Video from his state championship game courtest of cue the music, if you haven't seen it.

Reaction Score
Hearing that we're likely out with the loss of Sool and Floyd.

Sucks but what can you do, hopefully there's still a chance.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking our relationship with Team Final has probably soured after Diggins and Floyd both entered the portal.

That’s assuming they left with Ill feeling towards the staff. Maybe it was more of a business decision than a personal issue one. Diggins and Floyd may very well still have an amicable relationship with Hurley.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
True, I definitely got less optimistic about Edwards when all that went down.

But who knows, maybe his bond with Hurley and Young is strong enough anyways. Certainly encouraging to hear UK may be backing off a touch.
Castle said he would recruit Edwards hard, and he has been recruiting him really hard. I think Castle gives us an even more legit shot at him than before

Reaction Score

They both transferred because they didn’t see a big enough role for themselves. Edwards won’t have to worry about that on any team he joins.

Not everything is that connected. This would be no different than Team Final coaches thinking “I hope UConn doesn’t stop showing our program love/interest because two of our guys didn’t pan out for them.” There’s a codependent relationship in recruiting and not every player works out, which every coach knows.

Reaction Score
They both transferred because they didn’t see a big enough role for themselves. Edwards won’t have to worry about that on any team he joins.

Not everything is that connected. This would be no different than Team Final coaches thinking “I hope UConn doesn’t stop showing our program love/interest because two of our guys didn’t pan out for them.” There’s a codependent relationship in recruiting and not every player works out, which every coach knows.

This was the tweet that made me think about it. Again, who knows. Maybe we didn’t push either out and it’s no big deal.

Reaction Score

This was the tweet that made me think about it. Again, who knows. Maybe we didn’t push either out and it’s no big deal.

Yeah Hurley wouldn’t do that. I totally understand your concern, but I think there’s a lot more grey area to it than most fans would consider.

Reaction Score

Definitely makes you think twice--I hadn't seen that one before.

Hurley also doesn't "push" anyone into the portal. See: Richie Springs. Once a kid is offered a scholly, Hurley will give them those 4 years to get a degree if that's what they want. As he said in interviews, he is honest with people about their expectations with PT. I don't consider that "pushing" anyone into the portal... but I could also see an AAU team misrepresenting the truth on social media in this way too.

And TBH if Team Final wants to not let kids be recruited by schools that have pushed out former Final players... there going to be cutting off their relationships with A LOT of local teams. 1/3 of D1 players transferred this year that didn't go pro or graduate.

Reaction Score

They can say that but I don’t buy it. If one of their players grows up a huge Duke fan, is the team going to tell Duke to kick rocks because they pushed out a player in the past? Seems like it’s all talk to try to support their past players but in practice it doesn’t make sense.

Same for a player that’s only getting one or two P6 offers. Are they going to ignore that team and force their player to go to a mid major when he wants P6? No

Reaction Score
If I was competing for players with Team Final Nike EYBL I would show this tweet and let them know if you go to Team Final Nike you won't be recruited by X Y and Z schools
I also think that the coaches of AAU teams in general have less pull with their players than alot of people think. If a kid wants to go to Duke or Kentucky (many many blue chip guys have transferred out of those schools) I doubt an AAU coach would have a problem with that

Reaction Score
I mean, what would they do? Block the coaches number on the kids phone?
It’s classic AAU basketball for them to essentially say “we dictate where our players go” without even realizing what they’re admitting to.

Unfortunately the AAU/HS scene is flooded with coaches and parents who think they’re way more important and powerful than they are.

Reaction Score
It’s classic AAU basketball for them to essentially say “we dictate where our players go” without even realizing what they’re admitting to.

Unfortunately the AAU/HS scene is flooded with coaches and parents who think they’re way more important and powerful than they are.

^^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32