2023 Recruiting: - Jaylin Stewart to visit in September | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Jaylin Stewart to visit in September

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Shout out to DH/staff/team members/2023 commits for swinging for the fences on the Stewart OV.. They were all in on making a positive impression on him and I'm confident they succeeded ..Can't remember a time in recent history where all of our resources were so well coordinated and focused on a particular recruit's OV..

Secondary beneficiary of those resources was Singare's visit.

Reaction Score
Shout out to DH/staff/team members/2023 commits for swinging for the fences on the Stewart OV.. They were all in on making a positive impression on him and I'm confident they succeeded ..Can't remember a time in recent history where all of our resources were so well coordinated and focused on a particular recruit's OV..

Secondary beneficiary of those resources was Singare's visit.

I can't remember a time that we were so all-in on a recruit. Especially one that's barely in the top 100, even though pretty much everybody in the UConn world believes he deserves to be much higher

If we get him, that's three 4* and a 5* in one recruiting class. Best in a longggggg time. Bouknight was a lottery pick after his sophomore year. Tyrese built himself into an NBA prospect after 2 years in Storrs. If Hawkins goes pro after next year, we have another potential first round pick. I think Sanogo will declare after next year too. Castle wants to be one-and-done, he'll be in the league at most after 2 years.

Recruits will have to start paying attention to a new UConn-to-NBA pipeline. Really helps in the long term

Reaction Score
I can't remember a time that we were so all-in on a recruit. Especially one that's barely in the top 100, even though pretty much everybody in the UConn world believes he deserves to be much higher

If we get him, that's three 4* and a 5* in one recruiting class. Best in a longggggg time. Bouknight was a lottery pick after his sophomore year. Tyrese built himself into an NBA prospect after 2 years in Storrs. If Hawkins goes pro after next year, we have another potential first round pick. I think Sanogo will declare after next year too. Castle wants to be one-and-done, he'll be in the league at most after 2 years.

Recruits will have to start paying attention to a new UConn-to-NBA pipeline. Really helps in the long term
I’m very excited about this recruiting class and don’t understand why some people are downplaying it. The coaches and recruits are all working hard to make it successful. Let’s get it done.

Reaction Score
I’m very excited about this recruiting class and don’t understand why some people are downplaying it. The coaches and recruits are all working hard to make it successful. Let’s get it done.

We missed on a few guys but we also hit on a few guys, including our first 5 star in 8 years. Even if we don't get Stewart, it's a strong class.

But please please please please let us get Stewart!

Reaction Score

I don't think the UConn --> NBA pipeline is a thing yet. We have 4 players on NBA rosters, 3 of whom are on their way out of the league, and one of whom couldn't see the floor his rookie year and could just as easily never get a second contract as be a starting-level player at this point. Bouk is a total unknown.

It's going to take a few more years and a bunch more players on NBA rosters for people to really start taking Storrs as a serious destination for NBA-level players.

Reaction Score
I don't think the UConn --> NBA pipeline is a thing yet. We have 4 players on NBA rosters, 3 of whom are on their way out of the league, and one of whom couldn't see the floor his rookie year and could just as easily never get a second contract as be a starting-level player at this point. Bouk is a total unknown.

It's going to take a few more years and a bunch more players on NBA rosters for people to really start taking Storrs as a serious destination for NBA-level players.

Yeah, we're well on the way though. Recruits won't see Bouknight's rookie situation as a deterrent. He was a lottery pick as a sophomore, that's what they will care about. Tyrese probably won't see a lot of minutes, but it's a great story to pitch to recruits that if you work hard for 4 years, play your role, and develop your game, you can still get drafted. Even if Tyrese won't get much time, he still signed a $2 million NBA contract. That counts for something.

If things go as expected this year, we'll have Hawkins and Sanogo likely drafted. If not, Hawkins will probably get drafted after his junior year. Then the '23 class comes in and ideally Castle goes in 1-2 years as well. Then there's also guys like Newton and Jackson who might get some attention depending how they play.

All goes well, that would be be at least 1 draft pick for 4 years straight. Doesn't sound huge, but there are only 60 spots for 1000+ global prospects

Reaction Score

I'm with you but also think that Rese and Lamb (who I have to imagine will sign with someone) need to be included when talking about the current state of our NBA pipeline.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It’s a lock
We Are Doomed Reaction GIF by CBS

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Based on last few commits, we should expect news mid to late this week, right ?

Reaction Score
View attachment 78998
This has been one of the best full court press recruiting jobs I’ve seen at UConn in a long long time
#ClassOf2023
#StephenCastle
#SoloBall
#JaydenRoss
#JaylinStewart
#YoussoufSingare
#HungryHuskies

This is the hardest they've recruited someone since Hurley got here. The staff must think Stewart is the real deal to expend these kinds of resources to wow him.

Whatever manager or staff member did all the legwork to organize this deserves a lot of credit, regardless of who commits.

Castle and Ross have already chimed in in the comments. Young huskies are all in too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom