2023 Recruiting: - Jaylin Stewart Offer | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Jaylin Stewart Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It would be 25 a game if he could shoot the rock. He can pass better than almost anyone in the league, dribble, athletic, 6'10. He's the entire package, but can't shoot. And because of that he's being tossed around the league like a 40 year old washed up vet.
But with a monster contract

Reaction Score
They have had their fair share of whiffs...
The only whiff imo is Rahsool. Otherwise they've brought in Bouk, Hawk, Andre, Sanogo, RJ, and Tyrese.

To early to tell on Samson and the 2022 guys.

Gaff I won't call a whiff. He played adequately for 2-3 years then tailed off last season.

Akok I wouldn't call a whiff due to severity of injury suffered. Was starting as a freshman.

I wouldnt call Brendan Adams a whiff either. He did about what you would expect given where program was from 2018 to at least get team semi competitive again and has no buzz as a high school recruit.

Anyway, this kid looks like the real deal and only second high major program to offer (Washington 3 years ago, Sean Miller offered at Arizona so that doesn't count).

I don't think they are making up ground here.

Reaction Score
The only whiff imo is Rahsool. Otherwise they've brought in Bouk, Hawk, Andre, Sanogo, RJ, and Tyrese.

Gaff I won't call a whiff. He played adequately for 2-3 years then tailed off last season.

Akok I wouldn't call a whiff due to severity of injury suffered. Was starting as a freshman.

I wouldnt call Brendan Adams a whiff either. He did about what you would expect given where program was from 2018 to at least get team semi competitive again and has no buzz as a high school recruit.

Anyway, this kid looks like the real deal and only second high major program to offer (Washington 3 years ago, Sean Miller offered at Arizona so that doesn't count).

I watched his game today. He's a way better offensive player than Middleton. Middleton is a really good defender but it doesn't make any sense he's ranked higher than Stewart and so much higher on the composite

It's strange that UConn and Arizona are his only major offers and his ranking is all over the place. 115 on the 247 composite, I'm guessing because ESPN hasn't ranked him. He was the #30 prospect in the country on rivals at the end of May.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Did this kid have a major injury? It’s strange that 247 and rivals have him top 125 and he’s got no major offers outside of us and Sean Miller years ago, and Miller hasn’t re offered to our knowledge.

Reaction Score
Can always use a two player that can shoot the rock that is flying underneath the radar. Lets get him in for an OV -- Maybe Donny M can provide some input about the benefits of playing ball in Storrs.

Reaction Score

I saw it... wouldn't call it an overly explosive play. Anyone 6'7 can get a putback. He is extremely coordinated for his size. The timing and touch is what made the play so amazing.

Needs to drop 15lbs of fat and put on some muscle. He'll never fly like Jackson or even Rese, but he isn't going to be a liability athletically either if he puts in the work.

Just my 2 cents.

Reaction Score
Stewart should be the priority over Carr by far. Obviously you take either... but you need bucket getters. Stewart can score at all 3 levels... Carr is getting his points being bigger and stronger and faster than other high schoolers... that doesn't translate in high-major ball.

Reaction Score

Agree on most although Gaff was a “whiff”. Never had much of a run outside a couple games a year and more like none last year. But he looked like he should’ve been at least solid early on just never got it going. His confidence was beaten, too bad.

Akok never regained his athleticism after the unfortunate injury so while he didn’t perform as expected it wasn’t due to his potential. Too bad there as well but not a whiff.

Brendan Adams was always that 9-12 roster kid and sometimes performed better. He certainly would’ve been welcome last year on the roster rather than Gaff.

Reaction Score
They have had their fair share of whiffs...
Whiffs? Damn this a tough crowd, I don’t even know what’s more impressive from this staff; the player development aspect etc Whaley, or them identifying talent early and being in it till the end with basically every target on their board, I can’t front, the way we got adama to commit when he was a heavy Hall lean is exhibit A

pj

Reaction Score
Whiffs? Damn this a tough crowd, I don’t even know what’s more impressive from this staff; the player development aspect etc Whaley, or them identifying talent early and being in it till the end with basically every target on their board, I can’t front, the way we got adama to commit when he was a heavy Hall lean is exhibit A

Calhoun had more recruiting whiffs than Hurley. Of course Calhoun was the greatest player developer and game coach of all time ... Hurley is good on player development and has plenty of room to improve on his game coaching.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Calhoun had more recruiting whiffs than Hurley. Of course Calhoun was the greatest player developer and game coach of all time ... Hurley is good on player development and has plenty of room to improve on his game coaching.
Calhoun was brilliant about how he used his pieces. He put his guys in a place that they could succeed and was smart about covering their weaknesses. He was outstanding about making adjustments during the games. I get the sense that Hurley is more locked into his style of play initial game plan. Maybe that was just a function of the pieces he had available to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom