Has the gag order been lifted? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Has the gag order been lifted?

Reaction Score
You guys are crazy if you think Miller didn't seek Calhoun's advise in this mess. If Miller remains on Calhoun's staff at St Joe's, then I think we all know what JC's recommendation was.
he may have given Calhoun a heads up but this seems more like he did it for the return karma

Reaction Score
Do you really think he became a rat to save UConn after being fired by UConn?
I have been very critical of KO but in the coaching fraternity GM stepped over the line. Jim will shelter him in D3 but he will never get back to D1.

But for how long...would think JC would tire of seeing the dude around every day...?
Even though JC had to have coached him...would think think he'd tire of his presence sooner rather than later...

Reaction Score
I have been very critical of KO but in the coaching fraternity GM stepped over the line. Jim will shelter him in D3 but he will never get back to D1.

Calhoun loves UCONN. GM is loyal to Calhoun. Not hard to see that GM would save UCONN under JC's guidance.

C

Chief00

Doubtful. Nothing egregious enough for a post-season ban, and that's the only sanction recruits care about.
But can we communicate that through the media noise in NYC?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You guys are crazy if you think Miller didn't seek Calhoun's advise in this mess. If Miller remains on Calhoun's staff at St Joe's, then I think we all know what JC's recommendation was.

I like that UConn has someone on the payroll that runs a basketball program at another college where he employs a rat.

You can’t make up what a disaster this athletic program has become.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
everything seems to be getting better and here you are saying that everything is worse.

Well they haven’t won yet...

And it is better in that it’s 12 more months of Suzie Lax.

You are cheering on vile people in this thread.

It takes a high level of cognative dissonance to pretend these are ‘violations’ that don’t pale in comparison to things that happened here over the 20 prior years.

So yeah they might save some money - but you got more of a peek at the type of people that ran the AD into the ground.

I’m not hypocrtical enough to pretend a phone call from Ray Allen is a violation - I saw Ray Allen do things that were 5 million times worse.

Reaction Score
It seems pretty cut and dry that Ollie committed NCAA violations, but at the same time you know UConn would have his back if he was winning so it still feels a little gross to withhold everything. Firing for just cause is justified though
He was hand-delivered one of the best jobs in all of college basketball, he signed a contract with incredibly broad language for just cause firing, he no longer thought the guy who hand-delivered him the job was useful to him and made sure he knew it, he didn't perform the duties of his job, he acted like a horses arse off the court, and committed acts which breached his contract.

He's made a ton of money and was given an opportunity nobody else with his resume ever would have been given and he blew it. I find it a bit hard to feel sorry for him.

Thanks for the first two years and the hardware, we'll try and forget everything that happened after.

Reaction Score

It takes a high level of cognative dissonance to pretend these are ‘violations’ that don’t pale in comparison to things that happened here over the 20 prior years.

So yeah they might save some money - but you got more of a peek at the type of people that ran the AD into the ground.

I’m not hypocrtical enough to pretend a phone call from Ray Allen is a violation - I saw Ray Allen do things that were 5 million times worse.

Pretty sure everyone would agree that the Allen infraction is much ado about nothing. The trip to Atlanta with an outside trainer is a whole other story.

Reaction Score
I like that UConn has someone on the payroll that runs a basketball program at another college where he employs a rat.

You can’t make up what a disaster this athletic program has become.
Lib

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

Pretty sure everyone would agree that the Allen infraction is much ado about nothing. The trip to Atlanta with an outside trainer is a whole other story.

If you think the Atlanta trip is a big violation - you should spend some time around a major college basketball program.

Maybe we can go back and see who thought the penalty for Kirk King was fair.

Reaction Score

If anything I think the school is being kind to him.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If anything I think the school is being kind to him.

Yeah that’s because you are mad at him because the team sucked.

Cheer on an athletic department that pays someone to coach another team and employ a rat.

Then pretend that Calhoun while employed by another school didn’t sanction said rat potentially damaging UConn.

I get it Ollie sucked - but you are cheering on snakes in order to save the school some amount of money that doesn’t matter.

Calhoun created the situation - got jealous that there was success beyond him and has acted like a 9 year old who can’t have a toy for 3 years.

If you are cool cheering for that to save a few dollars - that’s great. I’ll pass on pretending they aren’t duplicitious backstabbers.

Reaction Score
Looks like he came to KO with concerns about shady stuff KO had going on in his program, and I’m guessing his concerns were dismissed.

No I don’t think he’s some UConn messiah. But his actions did save UConn from KO. No arguing that.

Why do you think he “became a rat”?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom