Has the gag order been lifted? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Has the gag order been lifted?

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Have to wonder how Calhoun fits in all this given his connection with Miller. There’s zero way Miller gives up anything without consulting him

Reaction Score
David Borges‏ @DaveBorges 21m 21 minutes ago
Susan Herbst has ruled in favor of Kevin Ollie's dismissal, and the situation is now going to arbitration. #UConn

David Borges‏ @DaveBorges 20m 20 minutes ago
According to #UConn AAUP executive director Michael Bailey, "President Herbst’s action represents the last step in a calculated process to replace Coach Ollie without paying him the amount due to him under his employment agreement with the University of Connecticut."

David Borges‏ @DaveBorges 26s 27 seconds ago
Ollie case going to arbitration. "All citizens of the state who are concerned about the integrity of the University of Connecticut need to be aware of the unfair, double standard applied to Coach Ollie and should speak out against this blatant inequity" -- AAUP's Michael Bailey.

Borges story: Herbst upholds Kevin Ollie’s termination, case headed to arbitration

Reaction Score
Have to wonder how Calhoun fits in all this given his connection with Miller. There’s zero way Miller gives up anything without consulting him
Not a wise move to turn your back on the person who gave you everything and considered you like family.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He had Ray Allen talk to a recruit on the phone. He’s technically a booster. That’s the violation
Is that legit a rule? No former players can talk to recruits?

C

Chief00

I have not been notified the gag order has been lifted. I doubt that it will be until closure of situation.
Three general, nonspecific thoughts based on what’s public now:
1) If one thinks those workouts were less likely to happen if our S&C guy was better - that’s on Travis not Carlos since those violations were in 2015/2016.
2) Miller is a snake and will never get another D1 job. I understand he got fired and saw lots of bad stuff before that - but no one will hire him in D1 now. He won’t be trusted.
3) Ray is right, KO needs R&R and maybe he should bring Michael Bailey with him before his reputation is damaged further.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
>>A key member of the investigation is former UConn coach Glenn Miller, who was granted immunity for his testimony before NCAA investigators and he was a key figure in confirming many of the allegations.<<

Regardless of why Miller was terminated the fact he was a “Rat” for the NCAA is really messed up.. Now he really won’t get a job anywhere.. I understand how bitter he is towards Ollie but he also threw the program under the bus.

Glen Miller is in the College Basketball witness protection program in DIII hiding behind JC...

He spilled program secrets for immunity.. And it’s all stuff that other programs do but never ever leak out or have former coaches turn in.

Reaction Score
I have not been notified the gag order has been lifted. I doubt that it will be until closure of situation.
Three general, nonspecific thoughts based on what’s public now:
1) If one thinks those workouts were less likely to happen if our S&C guy was better - that’s on Travis not Carlos since those violations were in 2015/2016.
2) Miller is a snake and will never get another D1 job. I understand he got fired and saw lots of bad stuff before that - but no one will hire him in D1 now. He won’t be trusted.
3) Ray is right, KO needs R&R and maybe he should bring Michael Bailey with him before his reputation is damaged further.

Or Miller bleeds blue, and we all have him to thank.

To each their own...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom