Has the gag order been lifted? | The Boneyard

Has the gag order been lifted?

Reaction Score
David Borges‏ @DaveBorges 21m 21 minutes ago
Susan Herbst has ruled in favor of Kevin Ollie's dismissal, and the situation is now going to arbitration. #UConn

David Borges‏ @DaveBorges 20m 20 minutes ago
According to #UConn AAUP executive director Michael Bailey, "President Herbst’s action represents the last step in a calculated process to replace Coach Ollie without paying him the amount due to him under his employment agreement with the University of Connecticut."

David Borges‏ @DaveBorges 26s 27 seconds ago
Ollie case going to arbitration. "All citizens of the state who are concerned about the integrity of the University of Connecticut need to be aware of the unfair, double standard applied to Coach Ollie and should speak out against this blatant inequity" -- AAUP's Michael Bailey.

pj

Reaction Score
UConn had to find NCAA infractions, but not any that would trigger sanctions against Hurley's teams. Tricky tightrope to walk.

Reaction Score
welp I'm not sure how he gets out of this one

"Ollie got a close personal friend named Derek Hamilton to train some of the players off campus in 2015-16. Several players participated in after hours, on-campus workouts with Hamilton as well as off-campus workouts. Three players traveled to Atlanta to train with Hamilton and the players were fed, transported and housed for free — all considered NCAA violations. The letter said one of the parents of a player who went to Atlanta even called Ollie to ask if the trip was legal."

Reaction Score
John Ferraro‏ @courantstatedsk 12m 12 minutes ago
Courant has obtained 1,300 pages on probe of ex-UConn coach Kevin Ollie: Impermissible workouts; impermissible call between Ray Allen and recruit, had involvement with personal trainer Derek Hamilton providing players with benefits. More soon on Hartford Courant: Connecticut breaking news, UConn sports, business, entertainment, weather and traffic 1/2

John Ferraro‏ @courantstatedsk 10m 10 minutes ago
UConn's Ollie probe found: repeated instances when recruits were provided impermissible meals; a friend, Danny Griffin, brought in as non-coaching staff and had impermissible contact with recruits, Ollie was not forthcoming with compliance officers. 2/2

John Ferraro‏ @courantstatedsk 5m 5 minutes ago
Ex-assistant coach Glen Miller to NCAA on Ray Allen call: I mean, at some point if the phone call occurred, (Ollie) approved it. And if the phone call occurred at some point in time, he either initiated the phone call, or somebody else on the staff did.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Sooo... How bad are these violations? Are we looking at anything from the NCAA?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He clearly and purposely broke the rules. How anyone could defend that or trash the university for what they’re doing after having the facts now is beyond me. KO can just go away now please
We're going to get hit by the NCAA aren't we?

Reaction Score
at first when I saw some violations were Ollie shooting baskets with a recruit on a visit I thought it was BS. As I read more UConn certainly sounds like they have the smoking gun to pay him 0. Say what you want, but he signed a contract that gave UConn this option to cut him for nothing — and it came back to bite him

Reaction Score
at first when I saw some violations were Ollie shooting baskets with a recruit on a visit I thought it was BS. As I read more UConn certainly sounds like they have the smoking gun to pay him 0. Say what you want, but he signed a contract that gave UConn this option to cut him for nothing — and it came back to bite him
The Danny Griffin stuff is interesting. Not a lot of information about what happened there, but I recall many people wondering what the guy actually did.

Reaction Score
I just don't believe that they could have been practicing more than allowed.
I don't believe they could have been training more than allowed down in Atlanta or stayed in free hotels with free food. Lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom