OT: - Gavin Griffiths to Announce on Thursday | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Gavin Griffiths to Announce on Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bouknight was #72 composite

And they developed him into a lottery pick, so thanks for pointing that out. You got your answer. It’s Castle. Akok (reclass messed with his overall ranking). Clingan, Jackson, Johnson, Hawkins were 50ish. Iverson was around 35 but as a transfer. Terrell was 64th.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
As far as reality, are we really surprise that the team known for the High Hedge defense, slow pace offense and first weekend tournament exit - isn’t reeling in top recruits?

Danny is at the point in which the sales pitch needs to be accompanied by March results. Chief always keeping things real.
without results in March what is the sales pitch unless you are located on a beach and have coeds which mimic Ole Miss. Being in a P5 helps so much to overcome self evident short comings

UConn needs pure shooters and here was one in the backyard. I understand that kids sometimes want to get out of the state but one can only wonder if UConn had just won a few NCAA games in the past 2 years would it have made a difference. I understand Storrs isn't for everyone but Piscataway???? Really
I'd rather be in Iowa than New Jersey any day

Last edited:
Reaction Score
without results in March what is the sales pitch unless you are located on a beach and have coeds which mimic Ole Miss. Being in a P5 helps so much to overcome self evident short comings

UConn needs pure shooters and here was one in the backyard. I understand that kids sometimes want to get out of the state but one can only wonder if UConn had just won a few NCAA games in the past 2 years would it have made a difference. I understand Storrs isn't for everyone but Piscataway???? Really
Did you not read the thread? Rutgers head coach (Pikiell) has a long relationship with his father and has known Gavin his whole life. Not really that hard to understand why he ending up going to Rutgers

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
i appreciate how hard Pikell goes after his top targets. For some kids I’m sure it’s over baring and desperate, but for kids like Cliff and Gavin, they seem to value the attention. Rutgers might not be a bottom of the barrel B10 team for long.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
i appreciate how hard Pikell goes after his top targets. For some kids I’m sure it’s over baring and desperate, but for kids like Cliff and Gavin, they seem to value the attention. Rutgers might not be a bottom of the barrel B10 team for long.

Being this salty isn't a good look.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Also, the people here rooting for Rutgers to do well in basketball lol. The work that Pikiell has done there is remarkable.
Speaking of regional rivals, Rutgers with Pikiell has the potential to affect us in recruiting if he has them performing at the level they have for the last 2 years. We are seeing that a little bit. We are already competing with Nova and Syracuse for some of the same recruits, we don't need another competitor for recruits so close to us.
My personal belief is that if we take care of our own business we will be fine regardless of what Rutgers does.

It would be ridiculously weak of us to hope Rutgers fails out of fear of competition from them if they don't fail.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I’m saying it was an effective strategy. I’m not jealous of Rutgers when it comes to recruiting.

As if the name of the game when recruiting 16, 17 year old kids in the day of social media isn't attention and it's unique to Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Pikiell is a CT guy (coaching in Jersey) that likes CT guards. Hurley is a Jersey guy(coaching in CT) that likes NY/NJ guards.

IMO--DH has other targets.. Plain and simple.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Pikiell is a CT guy (coaching in Jersey) that likes CT guards. Hurley is a Jersey guy(coaching in CT) that likes NY/NJ guards.

IMO--DH has other targets.. Plain and simple.
Ah, no. Don't delude yourself into thinking the coaching staff wasn't bought into Griffiths.

Reaction Score
Ah, no. Don't delude yourself into thinking the coaching staff wasn't bought into Griffiths.
Pretty sure GG had shown to our staff that he was looking elsewhere.. And you can see by our recent targets that the staff heard him..

He's talented .. Just wanted a change of scenery.. Brought TBB /Kante on OVs to other schools.. Strong message.

Reaction Score
Who cares...why waste time and money going after 4/5 star guys out of high school when you can pick up the best transfers in the portal every year.....its like getting a 7 star recruit. You get 2 or 3 years out of a guy who is more mature (emotionally and physically) and is a known quantity....vice gambling on a 17 year old kid.

Reaction Score
They finished 4th in the Big Ten last year.

Reaction Score

Idiot

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
How many top 20 recruits have we ever landed? Not many, yet we won a ton

Even with the most national titles since 1999, we never landed the number one guy

We're blue collar people, much more so than blue chip

I don't worry about who we missed, I just love who we get. We'll be fine

Reaction Score
Castle and Griffiths are on the same team this week in Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads