OT: - Gavin Griffiths to Announce on Thursday | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Gavin Griffiths to Announce on Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I 100% disagree. You don't let an in-state player that is among your top targets not even consider you. The fact they couldn't even get him on an official is telling. This is a massive L by Hurley & Co. Besides Castle (and with how things work there is not even a guarantee he'll ever put on a UConn uniform) and missing on another top target (Edwards) the class of 2023 is looking like a bad year (following a 1-man class of 2022) which means we'll have to rely on mid-major transfers once again.
The Edwards miss was big but his recruitment was very competitive. Chief really liked his game.

Reaction Score
I'm just bummed because he's a CT. kid who can shoot it from all over. I watched all his games online expecting he would come here.
I agree it’s a bummer because the kids got the potential to be a really good/great college player. But if the family ties are true there might not have been a whole lot the staff could do to change it.

Reaction Score
I agree it’s a bummer because the kids got the potential to be a really good/great college player. But if the family ties are true there might not have been a whole lot the staff could do to change it.
Agreed

Reaction Score
I 100% disagree. You don't let an in-state player that is among your top targets not even consider you. The fact they couldn't even get him on an official is telling. This is a massive L by Hurley & Co. Besides Castle (and with how things work there is not even a guarantee he'll ever put on a UConn uniform) and missing on another top target (Edwards) the class of 2023 is looking like a bad year (following a 1-man class of 2022) which means we'll have to rely on mid-major transfers once again.
I feel you. Blew my mind too we couldn’t even get an official visit.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When 7’ 2” Bristol Native Donovan Clingan hits 37% of his 3’s during his Sophomore season, we won’t give a damn about Gavin.

Besides, we can just get him as a transfer as a Sophomore when he realizes that Rutgers is lame, B10 is an overrated suck-ass BB conference, and the D’Amelio-UConn NIL collective is more lucrative.
Ah but will we want him then?

Reaction Score
Like I said before, Gavin was Little Ten bound and UCONN was playing from behind.

Also, the people here rooting for Rutgers to do well in basketball lol. The work that Pikiell has done there is remarkable.
Speaking of regional rivals, Rutgers with Pikiell has the potential to affect us in recruiting if he has them performing at the level they have for the last 2 years. We are seeing that a little bit. We are already competing with Nova and Syracuse for some of the same recruits, we don't need another competitor for recruits so close to us.

We have whiffed on some of our major wing targets in 2023 recruiting other than Castle. We are now in the process of making offers to other good players in the top 100. We also need to see some progress on the big man front. We can't go 0 for 5 (Kinglsey, Miranda, Estrella, Kante, Tafare) right in our backyard with big man recruiting.

Shooting is a concern and we are whiffing on pure knockdown shooters. Stojakovic would be great but unlikely.

Reaction Score
Sad, a recruit that highly rated from the same town as me decides to play for Rutgers. Will still root for him wont be rooting for Rutgers though

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Cliff is a borderline bust but Paul is a hell of a player.
Cliff is a good player too but the point is Rutgers would take pretty much anyone on our roster in a second. 80% of the players our team would be one of the highest ranked recruits to ever put on a Rutgers jersey. They are not eating our lunch on the recruiting trail by any rational stretch.

Reaction Score
Cliff is a good player too but the point is Rutgers would take pretty much anyone on our roster in a second. 80% of the players our team would be one of the highest ranked recruits to ever put on a Rutgers jersey. They are not eating our lunch on the recruiting trail by any rational stretch.

I’m not sure Mulcahey even had a real offer. It seemed like feeler interest early on in the cycle. And we ended up with a pretty decent Jersey big.

Reaction Score
As far as reality, are we really surprise that the team known for the High Hedge defense, slow pace offense and first weekend tournament exit - isn’t reeling in top recruits?

Danny is at the point in which the sales pitch needs to be accompanied by March results. Chief always keeping things real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom