Status
Not open for further replies.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Yea, unfortunately it's over for the good guys here.

Reaction Score
A poster who may or may not have been trolling in the other thread said we stopped expressing interest.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
@NJviaCONN wrote this in the 2023 rankings thread:

It’s not that surprising if you know the Griffiths family. Pikiell has known Gavin since he was born. Pike and his dad came up in the same programs and are good friend. I believe Gavin’s father played for Hartford while Steve was UConn

We may still have wanted Gavin ( I know I sure did) but he probably expressed early on that he would not be committing to UConn allowing the staff to pursue other possibilities.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It’s a killer loss no matter how people spin it. Doesn’t mean we won’t pull out a strong class in the end(I trust the staff to do so). But losing our 2 biggest targets so far is disappointing.

Reaction Score
I'd like him on our roster, but maybe a bit too duplicative with Karaban to get both? And some kids just want to go away for their college experience.
So, whether we get him or not you just gotta tip your cap to him - seems like a class kid with good upside.

Reaction Score
I'd like him on our roster, but maybe a bit too duplicative with Karaban to get both? And some kids just want to go away for their college experience.
So, whether we get him or not you just gotta tip your cap to him - seems like a class kid with good upside.
I hear you, man. Growing up as a kid in cold and dreary Connecticut, I always dreamed of the exotic women and culture in far-off Piscataway, NJ.

Reaction Score
What? No, we didn't lose Castle! You wanna give people around here heart attacks? LOL
Lol I rewrote it about 5 times trying to find the least misleading way to phrase it, knowing someone would think that from quickly reading my post

Reaction Score
It feels like you’re trolling me at this point.

2/3. Is that better?
Not trolling, I just don't agree. I could be wrong, but I never got the feeling the interest the staff had in Griffiths was anywhere close to the same as how much interest this board had in him. Even searching through old threads I can't find much that would make me think he was ever a priority outside this board

Can't argue with Edwards being a miss but there wasn't anywhere close to as much time spent on Griffiths as him. Edwards cutting us hurt, this one doesn't even register for me as much as I think he'll be a great player

Reaction Score
I will never understand our fans being excited for Buttgers to beat us on recruits. They are P5 if they get their way, we’d be kept out of the tournament and sharing any slice of the pie.

They can kick rocks as far as I’m concerned. I don’t think rooting for P5 teams that recruit head to head with us makes much sense.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not trolling, I just don't agree. I could be wrong, but I never got the feeling the interest the staff had in Griffiths was anywhere close to the same as how much interest this board had in him. Even searching through old threads I can't find much that would make me think he was ever a priority outside this board

Can't argue with Edwards being a miss but there wasn't anywhere close to as much time spent on Griffiths as him. Edwards cutting us hurt, this one doesn't even register for me as much as I think he'll be a great player
Maybe it is an illusion based on how much this board talks about him, but I seemingly remember him attending multiple games and the staff going to visit him many times. I might be confusing him with other players.

Reaction Score
@NJviaCONN wrote this in the 2023 rankings thread:

It’s not that surprising if you know the Griffiths family. Pikiell has known Gavin since he was born. Pike and his dad came up in the same programs and are good friend. I believe Gavin’s father played for Hartford while Steve was UConn

We may still have wanted Gavin ( I know I sure did) but he probably expressed early on that he would not be committing to UConn allowing the staff to pursue other possibilities.
That makes sense. I was wondering if there was a connection with Pikiell

Reaction Score
It’s a killer loss no matter how people spin it. Doesn’t mean we won’t pull out a strong class in the end(I trust the staff to do so). But losing our 2 biggest targets so far is disappointing.

Biggest target does not mean a guy you barely watch or recruit his junior year. Should he have been a bigger target? Most of us would agree.

Reaction Score
I hear you, man. Growing up as a kid in cold and dreary Connecticut, I always dreamed of the exotic women and culture in far-off Piscataway, NJ.
I hear you, too, my man. I've been to their campus and it's just "ok"/maybe it appeals to some but not me... But each kid has to make his own decision. Maybe some NIL money brought him in... Best of luck to GG no matter what path he takes.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Piscataway… It sounds like the answer to the question “how would a drunk get rid of a cat that was bothering him while he was peeing?”

Reaction Score
It's always curious when a decision may be pressured due to familial ties...not assuming he didn't want to go to RU, but did he want to go 100% all in? I wonder what's the ratio of players who stay vs. leave programs due to this exact reason...

Reaction Score
Piscataway… It sounds like the answer to the question “how would a drunk get rid of a cat that was bothering him while he was peeing?”

Or the command you yell at an incontinent cat that's invading your space.

Reaction Score
No way of putting a positive spin on this one. We've lacked shooting and we have one of the best shooters in the country who is a borderline 5 star kid choosing Rutgers over his state school.

Reaction Score

That seems like spin that the staff never made him a priority. If they cooled on him it's strange and makes me question the staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom