Gamecocks basketball, 2023 part I (merged thread) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks basketball, 2023 part I (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LSU will lose to SC by 50, bank on it. Game will be over at halftime.
I don’t think that will be the case but I hope it’s by a bunch. The score today and last week against Mizzou our starters sat THE ENTIRE 4TH Q.

Reaction Score
I couldn't have been as wrong as I was with my prediction, but I'll gladly take the end result. :eek:

Reaction Score
I haven't watched the game yet (have it on DVR), but I looked at the box score, and I added up the individual rebounds, missed shots, etc., because I couldn't believe the 74-17 rebounds. And we thought UConn had a problem. . .

I assume there's some deflation on Arky's part after the LSU game, but if this is indicative of the gap between LSU and South Carolina, wow.
Transitive value is worthless

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I haven't watched the game yet (have it on DVR), but I looked at the box score, and I added up the individual rebounds, missed shots, etc., because I couldn't believe the 74-17 rebounds. And we thought UConn had a problem. . .

I assume there's some deflation on Arky's part after the LSU game, but if this is indicative of the gap between LSU and South Carolina, wow.

I think it's mostly a great game by LSU and an awful one by Arkansas...I don't see it as indicative of LSU being outmatched by South Carolina. If Zia Cooke goes 8-11 and scores 24 and Boston is Boston, I don't think anyone has a shot to beat them. Keep in mind too LSU throttled Arkansas earlier this year on the road, and obliterated Arkansas on the boards both times (62-30, 51-26). South Carolina really struggled against Mississippi State (who nearly lost to Kentucky). 74-17 on the boards is truly nuts though, especially vs a borderline top 25 team.

SC vs. LSU should be a fun one next month. Probably the 2 best rebounding teams in the country, and some great athletes and star power too. SC wins the size battle but no one in the country rebounds better than Reese, and Flaujae is an excellent rebounding guard as well.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
+57 rebounding. I can honestly say I do not think I've ever seen that.

Almost like SC was tired of being #2 in margin of victory and rebounding and waited to make it all up in one week.
LSU finally started playing some middle of the road teams instead of the Little Sisters of the Poor.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
LSU will lose to SC by 50, bank on it. Game will be over at halftime.
The Sandlot Movie GIF

Reaction Score
+57 rebounding. I can honestly say I do not think I've ever seen that.

Almost like SC was tired of being #2 in margin of victory and rebounding and waited to make it all up in one week.
Coach DS has said her team has been getting better...

Reaction Score

This kinda went over my head as in recent memory, I think this worked great for Olivia Miles and Talia Von Oelhoffen. However they did this during the COVID year. Does this semester of play go against Chloe Kitts eligibility.

Reaction Score

This kinda went over my head as in recent memory, I think this worked great for Olivia Miles and Talia Von Oelhoffen. However they did this during the COVID year. Does this semester of play go against Chloe Kitts eligibility.

Yes. She is using one of her 5 years to play 4.

Reaction Score
Fams :rolleyes:

Just musing.

What time is that game?
Often wonder why it is that us being referred to as FAMS bothers ppl so much. And I'm not referring solely to you. I've seen a lot of ppl from a lot of different fan bases make snarky and sarcastic comments about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom