First Music Thread of the Off Season | Page 9 | The Boneyard

First Music Thread of the Off Season

Reaction Score

Not for those not willing to maybe waste 9+ minutes of their lives, but one of the best and most versatile bar bands of them all with an ode to, well, an occupation not usually associated with odes………for those stubborn (or stupid) enough to stick around for the whole song, some tasty scat at the end of the tune.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score

Just thought I would throw this in. The Vincent motorcycle was essentially hand built. Only something like 211 of them were every built, from 1949 to 1952. It was the first motorcycle to ever do 150 mph,. at the Salt Flats, with the driver lying face down flat. Great bike, great guitar work!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Have no idea if this one was dropped like knowledge on ya...TURN IT UP!!!!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Another Van Zandt song. Never mind Dylan, or John Prine, or anybody else, he just might be the greatest American songwriter ever. This one being sung by Nanci Griffith (no slouch as a songwriter herself).

Just thought I would throw in that this is from the marvelous video "A Tribute to Townes Van Zandt". Another well worth watching is "Waitin around to Die", a sort of biographical sketch of Townes' life. I used to go to watch Townes at the Old Quarter in Houston. When he wasn't too wasted to show up, he was simply the best.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Have no idea if this one was dropped like knowledge on ya...TURN IT UP!!!!

not sure if this is funny, wrong, poignant, or dumb. it does smack a bit of montells ('this is how we do it") sound and lyrics. i approved it anyway, prolly cuz i have no taste, and neither do you.
on the udder hand, i don't need an encyclopedia at hand to understand any of it, like i do for some drops here, so there's that.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
anyway, back to real music...
some of us call this 'a day in the life' instead of its proper name.
all i know is that if u post the original easy e version, well, they won't let u back here until prince, john lennon, michael, tupac, and biggie come back to earth.

Reaction Score
Tough thread to start the off season. Had to like pages of songs as most all songs are telling a story. But must remain UConn strong for music threads so....

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
3 from the kings of storytelling - the kangs i tell you! (said in my best bernie mac voice. i miss that guy.)
and a one,

reports are coming in that stripers are starting to show up. mebbe some day again they'll be allowed to sell them.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
and a two,

this guy is something else. right now, u can find something 'john denver' at every reach of the net. songs, shows, causes, russia, china, ... everywhere.
when he started, his new manager told some powerful suits 'no way we're bringing this kid out top down. u and ur gang will crush him. we're bringing him out bottom up (any and every chance to get screen and air time, paid or unpaid) and let him rise by the people.'
he even started 'the hunger project' to end world hunger back in the 70s.
the guy was everywhere, awards from nasa, everywhere. the funny thing is that annie became his ex wife, and during the divorce right after settlement, he reportedly tried to choke her, and instead settled for chainsawing their bed in half.
sometimes, good people do be weird, too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom