First Music Thread of the Off Season | Page 11 | The Boneyard

First Music Thread of the Off Season

Reaction Score
Those of you who know Mark Knopfler's music know he's a master storyteller. Here's a deep cut from an album full of stories called Kill to Get Crimson. In this one, the boys learn to dance. Follow the lyrics, folks. This is a pretty funny song, full of scenes you can really picture in your head. It's called Secondary Waltz.

UHF

Reaction Score
Fotheringay. 1970. The Way I Feel.

(written by Gordon Lightfoot in 1967)

Reaction Score
Old man down
Way down, down, down by the docks of the city
Blind and dirty
Asked me for a dime, a dime for a cup of coffee
I got no dime but I got some time to hear his story

UHF

Reaction Score
Anathema. 2015 live. "Ariel".

Song is about band member Daniel Cavanagh's daughter.

(Anathema transformed from doom metal in 1990s to this Beautifully Haunting music)

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
sir elton is prolly right. he prolly is better than me.
but im taller, and dunk when possible, so i got that working for me.
on the udder, udder hand, he do bring it mighty fine when talkin boot liberty. he wins. we win. everrbuddy wins.

got a whacky cuz down in cheesesteakland, she of the massive new vette with seemingly 3 engines. her phone answer thing is 'shine the light, won't u shine the light?'

at 1:07 on the vid, theres a photo of a dude kicking a soccer ball.
soccer blows, but not the point.
yesterday afternoon, i went out for some errands, passing by a regularly sold home on a busy street. in the front yard was some formerly central american dad, kicking the ball with one of his kids, while the rugrat was rolling around the grass with his face in a pile of who knows what.
all were smiling and cracking up in peels of laughter, like they won the lottery, which, from the look of things, they did. good on them, since they obviously vamoosed from some dump country where they're always shooting at you, and the water is undrinkable.
philadelphia freedom.
i bet that guy was thinking he did a good job of getting his kids the chance of a future like this.
Kid Rock - Born Free [Official Music Video]
now, that's a tale of success. props to the pop.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
One is almost certainly Mick Jagger who sings back up on the song. No one gavottes quite like Mick Jagger.
You made me look it up. "1 : a dance of French peasant origin marked by the raising rather than sliding of the feet. 2 : a tune for the gavotte in moderately quick ⁴/₄ time." I'm still confused. :confused::)

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
You made me look it up. "1 : a dance of French peasant origin marked by the raising rather than sliding of the feet. 2 : a tune for the gavotte in moderately quick ⁴/₄ time." I'm still confused. :confused::)
Does this help?

(The one that comes to mind me in particular was start me up from the 1981 tour in Memorial Stadium Philadelphia. He was all over the place… incredible show.)

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
here's a tale of civil war and its aftermath.

do ya know? do ya know? this beat is prolly the most common tune used as backing for the right now, this minute, plethora of vids depicting Ukraine.
scenes of folks gettin blown to bits, hospitals exploding, ded bodies everrwhere, ya know, reality.
break loose with the juice and send a few greenbacks their way, since most of them folks, like u and me, just want to go to the front yard, and kick the ball around without gettin shot, or torched. wouldn't it be nice?
a tunetale of hope.
mebbe if we think and wish and hope and pray,
it might come true.
mebbe then, there wouldn't be a single thing
we couldn't do.
The Beach Boys ~ Wouldn't It Be Nice (1966)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
This song by Jim Steinman was originally written for Meat Loaf, but they had a falling out and Jim gave it to Celine Dion. But Meat Loaf did his version of it later on his Bat Out of Hell III: The Monster Is Loose, the young lady is Marion Raven from Norway.

I'm an avid Meat Loaf fan and have seen him live twice, once in Germany in the late 70's and the other in Las Vegas in 2013. I've seen many live acts, The Carpenters, ABBA, Bee Gee's, Bruce Springsteen, Aero Smith, Boston, Chicago, Sugarland, Bon Jovi and more. But IMO I think that his were the best because he always gave everything and there was always a story behind the songs.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
also real.

real bad.
some 'adults' seriously deserve a beat down, curb stomp, and throat punching.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
lotsa trouble in the world nowadays. prolly should put up 'superman' or 'a day in the life' but this kinda nails the day in the life of too many folks, who wish they could fly away like superman.

'and now (their) lives have changed in
oh, so many ways.
(their) independence seems to
vanish in the haze.'

pick one:
ukraine
young people crashing with depression
kids who ain't seen a real teacher or classroom in a long time
single moms struggling with paying for gas to get to work
able men suddenly living out of doors with no cash for rent
lend a hand, cuz they all need help.

help them get their feet back on the ground.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Here's a story about Marti. Didn't want to be a soldier.

Marti's Last Stand - Enter The Haggis

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
a tale of coconut scented sun tan lotion. didya ever notice that when u first get off the plane at those places, it all smells like that. i luv that part of the trip.

imma yuge fan of Puerto Rico. try it, u'll like it. and no, i don't know if she's singing aboot pr. it just seems like it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom