Ed Cooley to Georgetown | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Ed Cooley to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Eventually PC will be paying Cooley a top 5 coaches salary and have zero results to show for it. This is their ceiling. Why pay a guy $6M/yr to lose 7 of your final 9 games when you could pay a solid mid major guy $2M/yr to do the same thing?
You’re right. It’s kind of ridiculous for PC to pay their coach $6mm when they know damn well they will never be an elite program.

Reaction Score
Talked to a be donor to Georgetown as he graduated from law school and said this was a done deal a couple of days ago just waiting for PC to get booted from the NCAA tournament
Nothing is ever a done deal till it’s actually done. Few years ago an acquaintance of mine (baseball agent) told me his player that he represented was singing with X team and the deal was done. 12 hours later it was on ESPN the player actually signed with a different team. Asked my acquaintance what happened was told things change every minute and he thought everything was done. Player had a change of heart at the last moment and signed with the other team

Bottom line nothing is done til is actually done,signed, and announced

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
A good Georgetown >>>>>>>> a good Providence College.

Georgetown can find and retain a really good coach that's not Ed Cooley. I'm not convinced that Providence can.

Reaction Score
Nate Watson's dad sounds like a guy who works at a car wash or uses a urinal next to @Chief00

I just was reminded that Cooley has been to one Sweet Sixteen in seven tournament appearances.

I like Cooley, seems like a great guy and he's a talented coach, but like, he's been coaching D1 for seventeen years and has very little to show for it.

He's like college basketball's coaching version of Bobby Grich. Consistently pretty good to really good.
He’s gone. Ed’s family wants out of Providence.

Reaction Score
Georgetown can find and retain a really good coach that's not Ed Cooley. I'm not convinced that Providence can.
Georgetown has the resources to but with the crew they have running things I'm not so sure about that. Pitino was begging them to offer him the job.

Reaction Score
Is it just about the money for Cooley? I mean more money is nice but he chose a slimey way to get a raise by floating his name to Gtown and starting to pack up the office.
Bigger upside at Georgetown and he knows it's going to be hard to keep up what he's done at PC.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Point taken, yet if I have a choice between a good Georgetown, or a good PC, I take Georgetown every day of the week and on Sunday.

Reaction Score
Nothing is ever a done deal till it’s actually done. Few years ago an acquaintance of mine (baseball agent) told me his player that he represented was singing with X team and the deal was done. 12 hours later it was on ESPN the player actually signed with a different team. Asked my acquaintance what happened was told things change every minute and he thought everything was done. Player had a change of heart at the last moment and signed with the other team

Bottom line nothing is done til is actually done,signed, and announced
Truer words have never been spoken. People count their chickens before they hatch way too much in sports or really in a lot of subjects in life

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Also can’t believe Providence is letting this mediocre coach jerk them around like this. They aren’t negotiating with a future hall of famer, let Georgetown over pay him, he hasn’t won dick ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Point taken, yet if I have a choice between a good Georgetown, or a good PC, I take Georgetown every day of the week and on Sunday.

I agree that's better for the conference overall.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Earlier in the thread you realized his bleeding Providence crap is nonsense and that you were duped.

Now that there is a glimmer of hope that you can make a Sweet 16 once every dozen years you are right back on board.

Providence fans are glorious in their simultaneous delusions of grandeur and recognition that mediocrity is a ceiling they will pay dearly to maintain. I hope this saga drags on for weeks.

Reaction Score
Lol - yiu are blowing smoke. You want to wager? Chief was the one who predicted in July, Drummond would be coming to UConn that year in August.
Dude. That happened in the summer of 2011 — eleven and a half years ago. It’s great to relive past triumphs, and you did know something then, but don’t you think having had a source that long ago isn’t really a great predictor this long afterwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom