Ed Cooley to Georgetown | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Ed Cooley to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
As a very long time observer of the Friars, Cooley fits their culture perfectly. Their end goal is not the same as UConn because of money and ultimately upside. He isn't judged on winning a Natty. He is judged on wins and keeping the alumni and the Fandom happy.
I hope he stays as the rivalry is annoyingly fun. A weak Providence is like playing Boston College, nothing to gain from a win, everything to lose with a loss.

Reactions: DCT
Reaction Score
As a very long time observer of the Friars, Cooley fits their culture perfectly. Their end goal is not the same as UConn because of money and ultimately upside. He isn't judged on winning a Natty. He is judged on wins and keeping the alumni and the Fandom happy.
I hope he stays as the rivalry is annoyingly fun. A weak Providence is like playing Boston College, nothing to gain from a win, everything to lose with a loss.
If they hire Billy Donavan, they'll still be good

Reaction Score
Because it would be really poor form. Providence has done everything right by Cooley. They kept extending him with major pay increases, he's one of the best paid coaches out there, they gave him the pay increases for his assistants, he's from Providence, all he does is preach loyalty and family...

I think he quit on his team and it showed the past few weeks.
Think you are being a little harsh on Cooley. He’s had ample amount of opportunity to leave the last few years & he’s been extremely loyal considering the situation- most coaches would’ve already left. He had probably his best team last year & everyone left & he still came back this year.

Reality is in this environment this is what coaches & players do & for him to stay as long as he has in where you can only get the Providence program to a certain level- I actually give him credit.

As far as what he has done this season & the last couple of weeks I haven’t been dialed into the situation so maybe you are right in the moment, but again give him credit.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Dude. That happened in the summer of 2011 — eleven and a half years ago. It’s great to relive past triumphs, and you did know something then, but don’t you think having had a source that long ago isn’t really a great predictor this long afterwards?
He’s made plenty of accurate statements in the interim. I get that a lot of people don’t like the guy, but he clearly has information that isn’t readily available on the board mom.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
However this works out, one of PC and Gtown will be a middling program on the decline and the other will be a complete disaster. Unless you are a fan of a particular jersey, it doesn't matter.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Lol - yiu are blowing smoke. You want to wager? Chief was the one who predicted in July, Drummond would be coming to UConn that year in August.
Sorry Chief I have to take that one. I remember coming here to break that news. I’m not even plugged in like that, it was really just lucky that I found out about that. So I’m going to take my one bit of little insider credit! Lol

Reaction Score
Billy makes $6m a year in the NBA. He can get another NBA job. Or a big college job. Why would he WANT the PC job? Because he played there 30 years ago? Cmon guys.
PC fans probably think they could hire Brad Stevens lol

Reaction Score
IMO trading Phoenix area for Providence area is VERY unrealistic

For a North Jersey Irish Catholic kid whose parents still live in the Northeast and whose brother already coached in Rhode Island for a while and by all reports was fine with it? I don't see how you can possibly assume that.

Reaction Score
For a North Jersey Irish Catholic kid whose parents still live in the Northeast and whose brother already coached in Rhode Island for a while and by all reports was fine with it? I don't see how you can possibly assume that.
Live in the southwest for any length of time and there is no way one would choose living in the winters back east.

Reaction Score
legolas GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member