Early SEC 23-24 season predictions | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Early SEC 23-24 season predictions

Reaction Score
How do can you give L$U the lead in the SEC. Their front line in thin and frail. SEC is post dominated league. L$U will be in constant foul trouble with teams with big front lines. I.E. Colorado, ucla, Texas am, miss st, SC, tenn. Morris, Williams and Carson all 5th year seniors are gone now. No more morris to run point guard and control pace.

Reese 6'3 slight build
Smith 6'2 slight build
Del Rosioa 6'6 but just a freshman
Morrow 6'1 is she ready to play in the SEC.
This is why lsu will likely finish around 3rd 4th or 5th in the SEC.

I think Without Morris, mulkey is in trouble at lsu. I’m not sure they have the pieces or coaching to correct much of this.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m interested to see morrow play. She dominated the big East in the paint but at 6”1 she’s very undersized and the sec is huge. And angel planting center will also be challenging because she’s not that big to play center at 6”3. And like u said it hasn’t looked like she did anything to elevate her game but look out of shape.

Reaction Score
Honestly all of Reese, Morrow, and Hailey Van Lith's stats are all likely to go down if we are being realistic here.. When you add more talent and depth around you, naturally its going to happen.

Reese has been in the gym with a basketball maybe for a total of 2 weeks since April 2 for USABB. I'm not fully convinced she actually elevates her game this season beyond where it was already. As evidenced by her play in that tournament she is incredibly out of shape and half the free throws hitting the side of the backboard not in the same zip code as the rim tells me she hasn't done anything all summer with a basketball in her hand. Its been 99% traveling, partying and everything else.

It will end up being between Rickea and Cardoso. Reese may have had a strong shot at it if she worked on elevating her game this summer but she will be very behind going into the fall just to catch back up. Frankly, I will boldly predict Reese won't be LSU's best player next season.
She needs to hire a trainer. If she wants to focus on making it to the league. She needs a trainer outside of LSU to advance her skill set. If she's planning on using her COVID season. Next off-season needs to be focused on basketball and not publicity.

Reaction Score
This is why lsu will likely finish around 3rd 4th or 5th in the SEC.

I think Without Morris, mulkey is in trouble at lsu. I’m not sure they have the pieces or coaching to correct much

She needs to hire a trainer. If she wants to focus on making it to the league. She needs a trainer outside of LSU to advance her skill set. If she's planning on using her COVID season. Next off-season needs to be focused on basketball and not publicity.
To be honest if I was a L$U fan. I wouldn't be to pleased with the 'superstars' morrow, reese, Hailey Van Lith, flajue, not being in summer workouts/ strength and conditioning with the rest of the team.

Reaction Score
To be honest if I was a L$U fan. I wouldn't be to pleased with the 'superstars' morrow, reese, Hailey Van Lith, flajue, not being in summer workouts/ strength and conditioning with the rest of the team.
LSU will likely get crushed by Colorado. I think that gap between SC/TN and the rest will be pretty significant for the SEC title race

Reaction Score
Flau'Jae is working out with the team. I seen her with them multiple times. Hailey Van Lith and Morrow should be on campus by time August hits. Reese as well.

But most are still in the gym. Most.... Lol

Reaction Score
I am still giving LSU the lead on this one. It will be LSU, South Carolina, and Tennessee as the top three and then, I got Ole Miss coming in at #4. After that, it is a toss up. I hope Arkansas figures out what they are going to do. They could be a really dangerous team, so could Mississippi State. Georgia is right in that 2nd tier of teams (Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Arkansas, & Alabama). They are so packed together. Followed by Missouri, Texas A&M, Florida, Vandy, Kentucky and Auburn.
I mostly agree with this but I'd put Texas A&M in that second tier. I think they are going to be quite good. Endiya Rogers is a fifth year but she's steadily improved her game and efficiency every year. Lauren Ware and Barker should be pretty great defensively. I think Barker is a top tier talent and I think her making team USA this summer should give her a lot of confidence. And then they got Coulibaly. They did great in the portal imo.

I think LSU is going to have to show me they are not ready for the target on their back in order for me to think they shouldn't be the favorites. I think the biggest adjustment will probably be for Morrow but she chose this path and she's really talented. I think Reese is an all around player and leader. I don't think she'll complain about shots, maybe usage, but she does a great job on second chance opportunities.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
LSU will likely get crushed by Colorado. I think that gap between SC/TN and the rest will be pretty significant for the SEC title race
Disgusted Judge Judy GIF

Reaction Score
I think Arkansas is going to surprise a lot of people this year. Personally, I'll be very surprised if they are not top 4. They are deep and talented.
I hope so. Like you said, Arkansas has a pretty deep team. If they can buy in, they just might shock a lot of people this year.

Reaction Score
How do can you give L$U the lead in the SEC. Their front line in thin and frail. SEC is post dominated league. L$U will be in constant foul trouble with teams with big front lines. I.E. Colorado, ucla, Texas am, miss st, SC, tenn. Morris, Williams and Carson all 5th year seniors are gone now. No more morris to run point guard and control pace.

Reese 6'3 slight build
Smith 6'2 slight build
Del Rosioa 6'6 but just a freshman
Morrow 6'1 is she ready to play in the SEC.
How can I give LSU the lead in the SEC? Because I can :D;)

Reaction Score
I hope so. Like you said, Arkansas has a pretty deep team. If they can buy in, they just might shock a lot of people this year.
Interesting. Who would you consider their top 8 player's heading into next season. Is Barnum not a big loss?

Reaction Score
Interesting. Who would you consider their top 8 player's heading into next season. Is Barnum not a big loss?
Barnum had some nice moves around the basket but she was undersized and a liability on defense for that reason. They have better options. Dauda should take a big step forward this year. Top eight players in no particular order are:

Sasha Goforth (McD AA, former starter returning to team after missing last season)
Saylor Poffenbarger (returning starter)
Makayla Daniels (returning starter)
Samara Spencer (returning starter)
Jersey Wolfenbarger (McD AA)
Maryam Dauda (McD AA)
Taliah Scott (McD AA freshman)
Jenna Lawrence (freshman)

Emrie Ellis is likely to get playing time behind Dauda also. And they have others who can play. Carly Keats is an Amber Ramirez style guard. She can handle the ball well and shoot but is undersized defensively.

Goforth, Poffenbarger and Daniels are lock-down defenders. Look for big improvement in Dauda and Wolfenbarger and expect Taliah Scott to light it up offensively. Poffenbarger was already strong defensively last year but watch for her to be much improved offensively this year.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm going to need a breakdown from our Arkansas fans because I just don't see it. I do not believe they will have an interior presence to contend with the top third of the SEC. They look like a middle of the pack SEC / bubble team to me.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm going to need a breakdown from our Arkansas fans because I just don't see it. I do not believe they will have an interior presence to contend with the top third of the SEC. They look like a middle of the pack SEC / bubble team to me.
I do understand the skepticism. It's why I said I thought they were going to surprise a lot of people. Time will tell. I will add that Mike Neighbors has said that this is the deepest team he has ever had.

Reaction Score
Barnum was big loss and it impacts the team, no doubt. But it's not like Arkansas was just depending on Barnum. They got some players who will step up and fill that spot. I still think that Arkansas is going to surprise some people, in a good way.

Reaction Score
Duke took Colorado to OT with Kennedy Brown as our center scoring 0 points, but Colorado will crush LSU they said. Funny to me!

take what the person says with grain of salt. It's like that person's is being sarcastic, but it's not really working

Reaction Score
take what the person says with grain of salt. It's like that person's is being sarcastic, but it's not really working
I think so too... can't wait for this season

Reaction Score
Barnum had some nice moves around the basket but she was undersized and a liability on defense for that reason. They have better options. Dauda should take a big step forward this year. Top eight players in no particular order are:

Sasha Goforth (McD AA, former starter returning to team after missing last season)
Saylor Poffenbarger (returning starter)
Makayla Daniels (returning starter)
Samara Spencer (returning starter)
Jersey Wolfenbarger (McD AA)
Maryam Dauda (McD AA)
Taliah Scott (McD AA freshman)
Jenna Lawrence (freshman)

Emrie Ellis is likely to get playing time behind Dauda also. And they have others who can play. Carly Keats is an Amber Ramirez style guard. She can handle the ball well and shoot but is undersized defensively.

Goforth, Poffenbarger and Daniels are lock-down defenders. Look for big improvement in Dauda and Wolfenbarger and expect Taliah Scott to light it up offensively. Poffenbarger was already strong defensively last year but watch for her to be much improved offensively this year.
Thanks for this. Browsing message boards it seems ppl are very high on Taliah Scott. I hope Jersey gets an opportunity to play more this season. I wasn't quite sure why all her numbers went down last season. I think Poffenberger should be better after finally playing after two long seasons. I think Goforth is a fun two way player and happy she's in a place mentally that's she able to do what she loves. I like the team, would expect them to make the tournament after narrowly missing last year. Just not sure if they are like a top 4 SEC team as that's almost like a top 25 team in the country. In fairness to them they were ranked pretty high in the first third of the season.But I look forward to watching.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom