Early SEC 23-24 season predictions | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Early SEC 23-24 season predictions

Reaction Score
The SEC player of the year will come down to Rickea and Cardoso IMO

There are a lot of freshmen who will play significant minutes next year but Fulwiley has to be the clear favorite to win SEC freshmen of the year provided she gets decent amount of minutes

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

There are a lot of freshmen who will play significant minutes next year but Fulwiley has to be the clear favorite to win SEC freshmen of the year provided she gets decent amount of minutes
Shut Down Turn Off GIF by Lyngby Boldklub

Reaction Score

Mikayla Williams has to be the favorite for FOTY. She will probably get a lot more minutes than Fulwiley who will be primarily a back up for at least half the season.

POTY is about more than points and rebounds. Reese will get a lot more ink than Cardoso. Kamilla is shy and doesn’t have the camera/interview personna for such awards even if she has superb production this year. agree that Rickea will be in the running.

Reaction Score
Mikayla Williams has to be the favorite for FOTY. She will probably get a lot more minutes than Fulwiley who will be primarily a back up for at least half the season.

POTY is about more than points and rebounds. Reese will get a lot more ink than Cardoso. Kamilla is shy and doesn’t have the camera/interview personna for such awards even if she has superb production this year. agree that Rickea will be in the running.
Reese's numbers are 100% going to go down playing next to Morrow and a probably much improved Sa'Myah Smith. And based on her work ethic this summer, no way will her game be any better, if not she may take a hit and be very behind this year not in a gym all summer. Cardoso and Rickea are far more skilled players who have been putting in the work all summer to expand their games.

Williams is decent but Fulwiley is a super athlete and I'm not sure Williams will be remotely efficient enough to garner the stats needed to win that type of award. Her 3 point shot/perimeter game is still a major work in progress as is ball handling skills but has some decent size to get rebounds.

Laila Reynolds (Florida) and Taliah Scott are also in the running for FOY who should see major minutes.

Reaction Score
Reese's numbers are 100% going to go down playing next to Morrow and a probably much improved Sa'Myah Smith. And based on her work ethic this summer, no way will her game be any better, if not she may take a hit and be very behind this year not in a gym all summer. Cardoso and Rickea are far more skilled players who have been putting in the work all summer to expand their games.

Williams is decent but Fulwiley is a super athlete and I'm not sure Williams will be remotely efficient enough to garner the stats needed to win that type of award. Her 3 point shot/perimeter game is still a major work in progress as is ball handling skills but has some decent size to get rebounds.

Laila Reynolds (Florida) and Taliah Scott are also in the running for FOY who should see major minutes.
I agree with you about Rickea and Kamilla being more skilled and have better work ethic than Angel Reese.
But the Mikayla Williams and milaysia fulwiley comments I take as tongue in cheek most fans have williams as lsu starting point guard. I think they are equal but milaysia doesn't have the pressure like williams does.

Reaction Score
I agree with you about Rickea and Kamilla being more skilled and have better work ethic than Angel Reese.
But the Mikayla Williams and milaysia fulwiley comments I take as tongue in cheek most fans have williams as lsu starting point guard. I think they are equal but milaysia doesn't have the pressure like williams does.
Williams is an off guard/wing, not a PG. Poole will likely start over her because of defense and Hailey Van Lith hasn't proven she can distribute the ball to anyone yet as a 'PG'.

I don't think Williams will be ready early on. She has a lot of work to do to stay in lineups, especially on defense. She adds excellent size but her shooting is very streaky to put it nicely. Its evident those who go by recruiting rankings verses who has seen Williams play in person... I know Ive seen comparisons to Kiki Rice but Kiki was a far better prospect.

Fulwiley will help provide some perimeter shooting SC was missing last year but Paopao addition helps ease her in early on.

Reaction Score
Williams is an off guard/wing, not a PG. Poole will likely start over her because of defense and Hailey Van Lith hasn't proven she can distribute the ball to anyone yet as a 'PG'.

I don't think Williams will be ready early on. She has a lot of work to do to stay in lineups, especially on defense. She adds excellent size but her shooting is very streaky to put it nicely. Its evident those who go by recruiting rankings verses who has seen Williams play in person... I know Ive seen comparisons to Kiki Rice but Kiki was a far better prospect.

Fulwiley will help provide some perimeter shooting SC was missing last year but Paopao addition helps ease her in early on.
Who are y'all gonna bench to start poole? I'm sure the high profile transfers got a contract stating they have to start

Reaction Score
Dethrone? why do we keep having tod eat with those links?
1) People have nothing better to do than drum up drama to get clicks.

2) It's the summer and the boredom level is hitting its peak, so people will say anything.

3) There will likely be more of this there still are several months before the season gets underway. Just wait until networks get into this.

Reaction Score
Can someone sum up this whole deal about the LSU players not working out together or putting in the effort during the off-season? I feel like that idea has gotten rooted in our minds without tangible proof.

I know I made a comment that Reece looked out practice during the Americup... but it's a whole different ballgame to say with clarity that some of those players aren't working out or putting in effort during the off-season. Is there anything to back up these claims?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Can someone sum up this whole deal about the LSU players not working out together or putting in the effort during the off-season? I feel like that idea has gotten rooted in our minds without tangible proof.

I know I made a comment that Reece looked out practice during the Americup... but it's a whole different ballgame to say with clarity that some of those players aren't working out or putting in effort during the off-season. Is there anything to back up these claims?
No.

They’re putting in work just like every other elite team. People need to remember that we only see what people want us to see on social media.

Reaction Score
No.

They’re putting in work just like every other elite team. People need to remember that we only see what people want us to see on social media.

Exactly. It's easy to believe nothing is happening because of all the events and activities some of these players have attended. Who's to say that Reese hasn't been putting in the work in the background? The proof will be provided once the season starts. For the time being, people need to take the narratives being put out there with large grains of salt.

Reaction Score
Exactly. It's easy to believe nothing is happening because of all the events and activities some of these players have attended. Who's to say that Reese hasn't been putting in the work in the background? The proof will be provided once the season starts. For the time being, people need to take the narratives being put out there with large grains of salt.
Reese ain’t workin on basketball

Reaction Score
Now now, I'm just playing Devil's advocate here. But all this chatter about players not putting in the work is a blanket statement towards LSU when no one really knows for sure.
The entire team is practicing (minus Hailey Van Lith and Reese) but Hailey Van Lith just finished 3 on 3 so Hailey Van Lith has been doing basketball all summer.

I suspect Reese will end up fine eventually but zero doubt she goes into fall behind schedule because of her summer tour going from city to city every week. The problem becomes instead of using the last 3 months to elevate her weak spots in her game (foot work, midrange jumper), the focus will mostly be to catch up and get into form again. I highly doubt she is going to just all of a sudden develop a jump shot in such a short time.

I personally don't find it to be a great look that she hasn't been with the team one moment all summer but Flaujae can balance out her hectic schedule off the court, school, and practice with the team every week and work on her craft. In my mind, thats not being a team leader. With all the talk of LSU's transfers and Reese next year, I think their freshmen and sophomore classes who have been putting in major work all summer will surprise folks.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
The entire team is practicing (minus Hailey Van Lith and Reese) but Hailey Van Lith just finished 3 on 3 so Hailey Van Lith has been doing basketball all summer.

I suspect Reese will end up fine eventually but zero doubt she goes into fall behind schedule because of her summer tour going from city to city every week. The problem becomes instead of using the last 3 months to elevate her weak spots in her game (foot work, midrange jumper), the focus will mostly be to catch up and get into form again. I highly doubt she is going to just all of a sudden develop a jump shot in such a short time.

I personally don't find it to be a great look that she hasn't been with the team one moment all summer but Flaujae can balance out her hectic schedule off the court, school, and practice with the team every week and work on her craft. In my mind, thats not being a team leader. With all the talk of LSU's transfers and Reese next year, I think their freshmen and sophomore classes who have been putting in major work all summer will surprise folks.
Will Ferrell Agree GIF

Reaction Score

This is not my team but teams fought hard to get more summer workouts from the ncaa. So just to skip them and not be there to lead your team being their senior/ star player is not good imo. Same for morrow and Hailey Van Lith in coming transfer needing to learn players and a new system. I seen that morrow just arrived last week but most of the summer workout not good imo. I understand they have a brand on social media and publicity tour but if mulkey allows it than what can we say? Another thing is your not even in summer workouts with the team but you show up to award show promising another championship putting out bulletin board materiel to the teams that are actually working out together.

Attachments

• 20230726_110826.jpg
    20230726_110826.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Same for morrow and Hailey Van Lith in coming transfer needing to learn players and a new system. I seen that morrow just arrived last week but most of the summer workout not good imo. I understand they have a brand on social media and publicity tour but if mulkey allows it than what can we say? Another thing is your not even in summer workouts with the team but you show up to award show promising another championship putting out bulletin board materiel to the teams that are actually working out together.
IMO, I don't think its fair to lump Hailey Van Lith and Morrow with what Reese is doing.

Withstanding Reese being with team USA just briefly well over a month ago, she has not had any basketball responsibilities all summer. She has been traveling the country since April 3rd... and still has not slowed down.

Hailey Van Lith has been doing 3 v 3 the entire summer and just finished yesterday with team USA which she committed to months ago before committing to LSU. Morrow showed up late because of a family medical issue so that doesn't bother me. Frankly family needs to come before basketball so we can all agree on that. The rest of the team is there practicing, going to class, etc.

As I mentioned before, if Flaujae can be with the team the entire summer, participate in every summer workout while doing her stuff on the side, Reese could as well... the difference is priorities... we know where Flaujae's are ... and we know where Reeses are...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom