December Recruiting Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

December Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
New Allie Ziebel article from Maggie Vanoni.

Real interesting stuff on how her recruitment came about, and also a list of her final schools. Turns out she was in fact keeping her recruitment quiet.

She had narrowed down her list to six schools (UConn, Tennessee, Stanford, North Carolina, Indiana and Oklahoma), yet she knew wanted to be a Husky.

Good for her. Athletes should be able to manage their recruitment in a fashion that they're most comfortable with. Sometimes this extra attention before they even play a NCAA game feels a bit much to me.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I focused on two specific details in the article:
  • Her favorite players when she was younger were Katie Lou Samuelson and Gabby Williams. She and her father drove four hours to see UConn play Notre Dame, but (surprisingly to me) Notre Dame wasn't on her final list. Maybe the Arike / Mabrey factor?
  • One of the schools that she spurned when she chose UConn was Stanford. Another somewhat rare case of a student who is academically qualified for Stanford and still chooses UConn. But then somehow she also had Tennessee on her final list (what the ...?)

Reaction Score
I focused on two specific details in the article:
  • Her favorite players when she was younger were Katie Lou Samuelson and Gabby Williams. She and her father drove four hours to see UConn play Notre Dame, but (surprisingly to me) Notre Dame wasn't on her final list. Maybe the Arike / Mabrey factor?
  • One of the schools that she spurned when she chose UConn was Stanford. Another somewhat rare case of a student who is academically qualified for Stanford and still chooses UConn. But then somehow she also had Tennessee on her final list (what the ...?)
Probably thought (for one brief moment) that Harper had finally righted the ship! In the end, reason prevailed and she followed her heart. I’m so glad she did! I think she’s going to be a big star here! Hard worker, high character, highly skilled! Easy to see why she was offered a scholarship.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
New Allie Ziebel article from Maggie Vanoni.

Real interesting stuff on how her recruitment came about, and also a list of her final schools. Turns out she was in fact keeping her recruitment quiet.

She had narrowed down her list to six schools (UConn, Tennessee, Stanford, North Carolina, Indiana and Oklahoma), yet she knew wanted to be a Husky.

Some folks here were worried that schools associated with Allie were Marquette and Wisconsin, but not any top-10 programs. That initial list was very incomplete. She was recruited and offered by most of the elites.

Reaction Score
I just want to clarify. If someone is mentioned in this thread, then that means they have a UCONN offer, a UCONN interest or a UCONN fan interest?

Reaction Score
If Allie Ziebel is a replacement for anyone, it is Lou. She's skilled and she can shoot. Defense and athleticism are not her strength. Overall though I'm ecstatic with her game as she can flat out score.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If Allie Ziebel is a replacement for anyone, it is Lou. She's skilled and she can shoot. Defense and athleticism are not her strength. Overall though I'm ecstatic with her game as she can flat out score.

There are definite similarities, but I think Ziebel is sturdier, handles the ball better, and is more agile than Lou. I also think she has better footwork on defense.

Reaction Score
Her coach recently said her defense had improved to the point of being her teams defensive stopper! He said she was now often matched up against their opponent’s best player! That sounds like she has made defense one of her strengths. Is she Gabby, Moriah, or Kelly? No, but It does not sound like she will be a particularly weak link either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom