Dan Hurley to UConn could be all about the money | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley to UConn could be all about the money

Reaction Score
Perfect - similarities to JC.

Eh, there's a big difference between being animated on the sidelines and attacking opposing players with homophobic slurs.

Quite frankly, we could use a bigger sideline presence from our coach, somebody willing to hold his players and the officials accountable. Nobody feared KO on either bench or among the zebras and it was painfully obvious. We don't want a choir boy on our sideline. FriarJ seems to badly misunderstand this.

That said, what he supposedly did or said against Maryland would certainly cross the line. No idea how substantiated any of this is, however.

Reaction Score

"An expletive" in and of itself means nothing.

If he chastised them for "talking [bleep]", there's no issue with that.

If he actually called them "[bleeping] [bleep]ggots", that's a bigger problem.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I was hearing a ton of Hurley talk up until a couple days ago and since then it's all quiet. Either we're in the process of negotiating or we struck out.

Exactly. And if we were negotiating successfully, I'm not sure this money article would be coming out.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Out of banal curiousity, is this sarcasm? Quite frankly, I can't tell anymore.

Reaction Score

No one cares. You've posted ten times in this thread and said absolutely nothing. Every article or link you share says he said something to the effect of "good game stop talking ". No one but you and a few other random anonymous people that probably weren't there either are the only ones coming in hot with the homophobic charge. It's an accusation that's years old and there hasn't been any scintilla of him doing anything like that since, if ever. Why are you here again?

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Huh? Hurley the person is exactly who you want to hire. By every account, he's a fantastic person.

Perhaps a bit too competitive and protective of his kids. We've got experience with that kind of guy. And we liked it.

EDIT: I read on. Yeah, he has done some growing. Probably more to do. Apparently, Tom Moore has helped him in this area, according to an article I read.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Huh? Hurley the person is exactly who you want to hire. By every account, he's a fantastic person.

Perhaps a bit too competitive and protective of his kids. We've got experience with that kind of guy. And we liked it.
Worked out pretty well for us too in the banner category....

Reaction Score

Huh. I checked. There's no top ranked NJ kid available for 2018. May be for 2019 then.

Reaction Score

You came here to troll and derail a thread, not to "have a discussion". But I guess hypocrisy is a tenet in your life.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Gonna be a downgrade from Wild Zebra for him. Needs to consult w/KO.
Didn’t you hear? KO prefers Grants in West Hartford. Just another example of him spending all his time chasing five stars instead of accepting local interested talent.

Reaction Score
No, no, no, trust him, he heard from a SLEW of people who heard it from their friends who were there!

Is that anything like Simone's best friend's, sister's, boyfriend's, brother's girlfriend hearing from some guy, who knows this kid, who's going with this girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 flavors last night"?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
If using expletives was a litmus test for UConn coaches, Calhoun would've been fired in the 80s.

How about Musselman in the locker room after the Texas win? Morality police alert: fire him! :D

intlzncster

Reaction Score

JC absolutely destroyed officials. Road them like the laziest of pack mules.

I think by the end they had grudging respect for the guy because he was so dogged....and out lasted most of them.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

I really think people are reading these things wrong. We aren't in the best of spots with coaching possibilites right now. Hurley's a good one, but the vast majority aren't doing cartwheels right now. He's also our first choice apparently, so if we don't land him, it's a bad look, especially given all the factors that are in our favor with this particular hire.

Board view of Hurley as a coach: cautiously optimistic.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Didn’t you hear? KO prefers Grants in West Hartford. Just another example of him spending all his time chasing five stars instead of accepting local interested talent.

Can't keep ignoring your own backyard. Plenty of available coeds in Storrs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom