Dan Hurley to UConn could be all about the money | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley to UConn could be all about the money

Reaction Score
If there is one thing we can count on...it is fully trusting this administration to do a complete and thorough search. With James Calhoun involved in the vetting process our minds can finally be at ease. No quick hires and over paid coaches.

The future is very bright. Looking forward to that interview process with some really top notch candidates.

Thanks Jim! Thanks Dave!

Let's do this!!!!!!!!

^^^^^^^
Inserts (here) Ain't No Stoppin Us Now video by McFadden & Whitehead

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If I was Dan Hurley, I'd negotiate for no "Just Cause" clause in the contract from both schools given what has happened with Ollie and Stallings.
Pretty tough to refuse to have violation of NCAA rules not a reason for cause.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
But there will be a settlement because both sides know that this is all that is left to do. Neither side wants this to go to arbitration because you never how it will work out. I'm not sure there is a such thing as a completely neutral arbitrator.
I would think that KO would be anxious to settle sooner because if UConn hires Hurley at $3 million plus there would be more incentive for UConn to try to negotiate a lower number. Have a feeling that KO's buyout will be settled sooner rather than latter.
One thing for sure: KO is done at UConn and he won't be getting his job back.

Ollie holds all the cards. If he drags this out another month, he has flushed UConn's recruiting class completely down the toilet, and put us behind the 8 ball for next year's class. Furthermore, the premise for the "just cause" firing is that UConn did something serious that will get the school in a lot of trouble, not exactly a winning recruiting pitch for bringing in any coach that has options.

Unless there is something that has not been made public, it costs UConn a lot more to drag this out than it does Ollie.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I've got a pit in my stomach. If we swing and miss here, we're in a bad spot. Maybe Musselman? Other than that there's no one exciting at all

Reaction Score
I've got a pit in my stomach. If we swing and miss here, we're in a bad spot. Maybe Musselman? Other than that there's no one exciting at all
I was hearing a ton of Hurley talk up until a couple days ago and since then it's all quiet. Either we're in the process of negotiating or we struck out.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I was hearing a ton of Hurley talk up until a couple days ago and since then it's all quiet. Either we're in the process of negotiating or we struck out.
?
There have been about 3 articles in the last day about UConn making an offer to Hurley, and Hurley being the leading candidate.
It's probably all up to Hurley and his family right now, if a decision hasn't already been made.

Reaction Score
I'm bracing for the worst. We can't have nice things.

Musselman is a better coach than Hurley but I'm not sure he wants to come here. I also love the Northeast roots and connections Hurley brings.

Reaction Score
?
There have been about 3 articles in the last day about UConn making an offer to Hurley, and Hurley being the leading candidate.
It's probably all up to Hurley and his family right now, if a decision hasn't already been made.
I'm not talking about articles. The articles are just copy paste right now with no new information

Reaction Score
Ollie holds all the cards. If he drags this out another month, he has flushed UConn's recruiting class completely down the toilet, and put us behind the 8 ball for next year's class. Furthermore, the premise for the "just cause" firing is that UConn did something serious that will get the school in a lot of trouble, not exactly a winning recruiting pitch for bringing in any coach that has options.

Unless there is something that has not been made public, it costs UConn a lot more to drag this out than it does Ollie.

You're assuming they can't hire a coach in the next 10 minutes because of Ollie's case. That's just not true.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Good to see the legal team of Boneyarder & Boneyarder have adequately prepared the case file so that if UConn's legal team gets stuck, following a short consultation they'll still be able to determine the appropriate course of action.

Reaction Score
If UConn misses out because a coach insists on not having a "just cause" clause in his contract, it is not surprising at all.

Many of us wrote about this months ago when the news of the NCAA investigation came out.

Reaction Score

Oddly, very little has leaked out about what may have transpired. On this board, people have only posted info concerning a disgruntled parent of a transfer from last year and that 2 players were trained and/or practiced with coaches outside of allotted weekly hours.

Reaction Score

Waiting for the dust to settle could cost Ollie 10 mil. While I agree that it could hurt recruiting, a quick settlement is mutually beneficial. I doubt it's in KOs best interest to hold UConn hostage unless he really believes he will be vindicated and be owed the full buyout. That's a big if and one, if true, is a complete head scratcher and should cost AD DB his job as well.

Reaction Score
I'm not talking about articles. The articles are just copy paste right now with no new information

No offense, but you’re a scrub message board poster with no ties to the program, so it doesn’t exactly worry me that you haven’t been hearing anything.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom