Dan Hurley to UConn could be all about the money | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley to UConn could be all about the money

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score

Could you maybe enlighten us? From what I've seen, Hurley is a pretty good guy.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Is this legit, or non-serious in-state rival trashing?

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I thought so too...until I saw what constitutes "cause" under the collective bargaining agreement. Under his contract, it wouldn't cover anything like that. Under the union contract...just take a look at it.
Are these two legal counselors chopping it up?

Reaction Score

Wasn't EC Matthews crying after the Duke game and talking about how Hurley is a father figure to him?

Hurley is intense, you need it to be a good coach in any sport. This is also a fanbase used to Jim Calhoun. Unless you're bringing in a first-class butthead like Bobby Knight, nothing is going to bother us.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Why would he embarrass the school? I've never seen any hint of scandal around him? Do you know anything about the guy we just fired? I mean come on.

Reaction Score
"calling them a f ing f a g g o t"

If he did that and it wont surprise me if he did; He cannot be the next UCONN MBB COACH

Reaction Score

Come on this board to throw shade on the probable future coach lol. I don't care what was said nor do I care about anything you say. Go back to your board and discuss how to advance in the tournament. How many NCAA games has your head coach won? But hey at least he didn't lose his temper after a game. Thats all that matters.

Reaction Score
Waiting for the dust to settle could cost Ollie 10 mil. While I agree that it could hurt recruiting, a quick settlement is mutually beneficial. I doubt it's in KOs best interest to hold UConn hostage unless he really believes he will be vindicated and be owed the full buyout. That's a big if and one, if true, is a complete head scratcher and should cost AD DB his job as well.
Either of you could be entirely right or entirely wrong.
My feeling is that a buyout will be negotiated and what we are hearing now is all posturing. KO doesn't really want his job back nor do I believe he wants to trash recruiting. He just wants to get as much money out of his contract as possible.
UConn wants to hire his replacement and move on. Both parties will end up getting some of what they want and leave more money on the table than they prefer. Kind of like a divorce.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom