Dan Hurley to UConn could be all about the money | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley to UConn could be all about the money

Reaction Score
If I was Dan Hurley, I'd negotiate for no "Just Cause" clause in the contract from both schools given what has happened with Ollie and Stallings.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
So both AD Dave and Herbst have to hear an appeal before it gets to a neutral arbitrator?

yeah, this one will take a while (assuming no settlement).

Reaction Score
Stallings cause is a pathetic attempt. Uconn actually has a reason

The purported "cause" with Stallings is incredibly weak. It appears that UConn has a stronger case given the pending NCAA investigation and other alleged off court issues. I suspect the specifics of the alleged "cause" will come out this week or next week unless a quick compromise settlement is reached.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Read the article first thing this morning and thought about posting it, and then realized that there wasn't anything newsworthy about it, at least for anyone who reads this board even semi-regularly.

Reaction Score
the alleged "other off the court issues" (if they even happened) cannot and will not be used.

Their whole hand is dealt in on the NCAA investigation.

And you are sure of this how?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
the alleged "other off the court issues" (if they even happened) cannot and will not be used.

Their whole hand is dealt in on the NCAA investigation.

I thought so too...until I saw what constitutes "cause" under the collective bargaining agreement. Under his contract, it wouldn't cover anything like that. Under the union contract...just take a look at it.

Reaction Score
So both AD Dave and Herbst have to hear an appeal before it gets to a neutral arbitrator?

yeah, this one will take a while (assuming no settlement).
But there will be a settlement because both sides know that this is all that is left to do. Neither side wants this to go to arbitration because you never how it will work out. I'm not sure there is a such thing as a completely neutral arbitrator.
I would think that KO would be anxious to settle sooner because if UConn hires Hurley at $3 million plus there would be more incentive for UConn to try to negotiate a lower number. Have a feeling that KO's buyout will be settled sooner rather than latter.
One thing for sure: KO is done at UConn and he won't be getting his job back.

Reaction Score
I just got an email from Milone and MacBroom, Inc. announcing some guy named David Hurley joined the firm. No lie, my heart skipped thinking it was an announcement that Danny signed on as coach.

Jeez.

#realtruefakenews

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I just got an email from Milone and MacBroom, Inc. announcing some guy named David Hurley joined the firm. No lie, my heart skipped thinking it was an announcement that Danny signed on as coach.

Jeez.
Did you contact the Register? They might want to put out another article.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Because they didnt take action on these allegations upon learning. If they just sat on them and trot them out as an excuse to save money on what we all know to be be performance based firing they will lose arbitration.

Not how it works. It's very easy to say that you decided to terminate after the accumulation of several of what are otherwise minor transgressions. Then you list them all. Some conduct related, some NCAA investigation related. If they ask about timing, you simply say that you wanted to avoid unnecessary disruption to the team and players during the season. If they aren't approaching this that way, they are making a mistake.

Reaction Score
Not how it works. It's very easy to say that you decided to terminate after the accumulation of several of what are otherwise minor transgressions. Then you list them all. Some conduct related, some NCAA investigation related. If they ask about timing, you simply say that you wanted to avoid unnecessary disruption to the team and players during the season. If they aren't approaching this that way, they are making a mistake.
As long as they kept a file

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It is always all about the money.

Even when they say it isn't about the money --- it's about the money.
Yeah bc in this case uconn doesn’t have any until they settle with Ollie and the fact that the state sucks

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Yeah, employers never build a file and paper trail on a bad employee prior to firing them. Ok.

Thank you.

On the flip side, people who get along well with their superiors can half-ass their job and commit dozens of minor infractions without ever being let go. That’s just how it goes when you have humans running organizations instead of robots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom