COVID Vaccination | Page 10 | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
My wife and I got Moderna doses #2 over the weekend. The only thing I felt was a little fatigue and a little sore arm, that's it. My wife had a fever & chills which started 8-10 hours after getting the dose and lasted for next 24 hours (had to take a sick day). For the 1st dose (4 weeks prior), we only felt sore arms.

From my knowledge it does seem men experience lesser side effects than women after getting #2.

Reaction Score
My wife and I got Moderna doses #2 over the weekend. The only thing I felt was a little fatigue and a little sore arm, that's it. My wife had a fever & chills which started 8-10 hours after getting the dose and lasted for next 24 hours (had to take a sick day). For the 1st dose (4 weeks prior), we only felt sore arms.

From my knowledge it does seem men experience lesser side effects than women after getting #2.
Would be interesting to see if that's the case across all recipients. And if so, why?
Again I have always suspected there is more to this virus on a genetic level then we are aware of. It has been fatal in men at a greater rate than womem.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yale has availabilities. Log on now.

My sister in law just got first vax for April 2. Was June 9th.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Would be interesting to see if that's the case across all recipients. And if so, why?
Again I have always suspected there is more to this virus on a genetic level then we are aware of. It has been fatal in men at a greater rate than womem.
I heard a report on NPR yesterday that women comprise some 70% of the Covid-19 "long-haulers."

Reaction Score
Second Pfizer yesterday and no ill effects so far. Wife had her first Pfizer saturday and she had noticeable pain in the arm for two days.

Reaction Score
I have read people with type o blood have less chance of getting Covid and experiencing after effects. I have type o and had no after effects. Moderna.

Reaction Score
I got my shot at Dollar Store yesterday. I didn’t know they were doing Covid shots. The guy in the parking lot near the dumpster said I was first in line when I drove in. Evidently they’re going with the mfg Pisser for their shots.

Went to UConn Health website via the VAMs platform on Friday morning at 6:30 am and they had lots of openings for this week. I think it’s since filled up. Had my Pfizer shot Monday morning with no side effects other than tired. Excellent people there and well organized. It seems everyone is finding success in multiple areas which is great.

Reaction Score
I heard a report on NPR yesterday that women comprise some 70% of the Covid-19 "long-haulers."
I heard that too. Not surprising as women are more prone to autoimmune disorders, esp after infection, then men.

Reaction Score
WSJ Article on Long Covid - basically said that it may or may not be real - and the org pushing it is questionable. (I'm not making a value judgement but just putting it here as a point of view)

Can't read the whole article due to the payroll- but it is 'opnion'. It also reminds me of how Chronic Fatigue was treated when first identified.
Or the fertility doc that was shocked how bad my endometriosis was even though I had described severe symptoms to him prior to surgery. I guess he figured I was just a wimpy female and couldn't possibly be in as much pain as I was.

Reaction Score
My wife got Pfizer #1 yesterday and this morning she can't lift her arm above her shoulder. So I'm biting the bullet and making the coffee.

I have had both Moderna shots and neither produced any side effects or pain.
Taking one for the team.

Reaction Score
Can't read the whole article due to the payroll- but it is 'opnion'. It also reminds me of how Chronic Fatigue was treated when first identified.
Or the fertility doc that was shocked how bad my endometriosis was even though I had described severe symptoms to him prior to surgery. I guess he figured I was just a wimpy female and couldn't possibly be in as much pain as I was.

It is an opinion - but it is also the "opinion" of Body Politic that long COVID is real.

If you ask an average citizen - is chronic lyme disease real? - they will say yes (I had this conversation with my wife this morning - she definitively believes it is real) - but the NIH says it isn't real.

It isn't a matter of "do people have something wrong with them" - it is the attribution that is the problem. And IF long-COVID isn't really a thing - then lots of people are going to misdiagnose themselves and be mistreated because they aren't looking for the real underlying medical issue.

An excerpt from the article:

Why include the reported symptoms of those who never had a confirmed infection? “Due to the severe lack of testing available in many areas and the prevalence of false negatives, we do not believe people’s experiences with COVID-19 symptoms should be discounted because they did not receive a positive test result,” the survey authors wrote in their first report. “We believe future research must consider the experiences of all people with COVID-19 symptoms, regardless of testing status, in order to better understand the virus and underscore the importance of early and widespread testing.”

I'm not sure I'm interested in taking medical advice from a group that is counting symptoms from people that might have not actually had COVID. But everyone can make their own decisions.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
WSJ Article on Long Covid - basically said that it may or may not be real - and the org pushing it is questionable. (I'm not making a value judgement but just putting it here as a point of view)

It is an opinion - but it is also the "opinion" of Body Politic that long COVID is real.

If you ask an average citizen - is chronic lyme disease real? - they will say yes (I had this conversation with my wife this morning - she definitively believes it is real) - but the NIH says it isn't real.

It isn't a matter of "do people have something wrong with them" - it is the attribution that is the problem. And IF long-COVID isn't really a thing - then lots of people are going to misdiagnose themselves and be mistreated because they aren't looking for the real underlying medical issue.

An excerpt from the article:

Why include the reported symptoms of those who never had a confirmed infection? “Due to the severe lack of testing available in many areas and the prevalence of false negatives, we do not believe people’s experiences with COVID-19 symptoms should be discounted because they did not receive a positive test result,” the survey authors wrote in their first report. “We believe future research must consider the experiences of all people with COVID-19 symptoms, regardless of testing status, in order to better understand the virus and underscore the importance of early and widespread testing.”

I'm not sure I'm interested in taking medical advice from a group that is counting symptoms from people that might have not actually had COVID. But everyone can make their own decisions.
There are some chronic pain and/or fatigue syndromes that some treaters believe are "trashcan" diagnoses and that other treaters believe are real. I've deposed scores of people and doctors about them over the years and don't feel any closer to the "truth," except that in most instances these seem to be diagnoses of exclusion, meaning there is little to no objective basis but there is no other known explanation. Fibromyalgia, reflex sympathetic dystrophy and a few others. I suspect that long Covid will be one of these.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
There are some chronic pain and/or fatigue syndromes that some treaters believe are "trashcan" diagnoses and that other treaters believe are real. I've deposed scores of people and doctors about them over the years and don't feel any closer to the "truth," except that in most instances these seem to be diagnoses of exclusion, meaning there is little to no objective basis but there is no other known explanation. Fibromyalgia, reflex sympathetic dystrophy and a few others. I suspect that long Covid will be one of these.

That is a rational take. My sense of long Covid is pretty much the same as long anything: if you have something that causes your O2 saturation to drop significantly over days or weeks and requires hospitalization, with your body struggling to fight it, then you're likely to have some ongoing impact from that. This is true for Influenza A as well, there is "long Flu".

Visited my parents last week because my Dad was in the hospital a few weeks back with Covid-like symptoms, despite many negative tests, and even a lung biopsy. Nothing was working. Broad spectrum antibiotics, nothing. It was exactly like an episode of House. Steroids finally helped and he is slowly improving at home (still with O2 needed at times). After countless tests and the biopsy, they diagnosed Cryptogenic Organizing Pneumonia. Essentially, they still don't know since COP is pretty much a cop out diagnosis, a diagnosis of exclusion as you said.

Last edited:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score

Same thing happened to my friends wife after the Moderna vaccine. He got the Pfizer vaccine and just a sore arm.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Wife had J&J yesterday. Chills, headache fatigue today but better already. I’m O positive, had Pfizer in Jan, no symptoms.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Second Pfizer yesterday and no ill effects so far. Wife had her first Pfizer saturday and she had noticeable pain in the arm for two days.

I'm in NY and I (along with most people in my family who have been vaccinated) got Pfizer too. I had a tiny soreness in my arm but otherwise really no effects for the first shot. My dad is late 60s he had zero effects, not even a sore arm. Fiancee felt slightly "off" the first day but nothing at all major and might have been half anxiety.

All in all, so far I'm happy with Pfizer and hoping the second dose goes smoothly. Everything I've read their effectiveness is very solid.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Well if they'd been married awhile they probably are used to getting #2.

Reaction Score
I just got my first Pfizer shot here in the ATL. They had open it up to everyone over 25 BMI last week and other underlying conditions. Pretty much everyone in Georgia. LOL! Starting tomorrow anyone over 16 can get the shot. It was about 30 minutes to get the shot. Lots of people in there but the process was smooth. The shot I didn't even feel. I waited the mandatory 15 minutes(no one enforcing it) and left. So 50 minutes was not bad with all the people getting shots there at the Mercedes Benz Stadium. Very smooth process in a huge building. I got home and signed up for my 2nd shot for April 14. 2021. I can't wait to get it and start traveling once other countries open their borders to us.

Reaction Score
I just got my first Pfizer shot here in the ATL. They had open it up to everyone over 25 BMI last week and other underlying conditions. Pretty much everyone in Georgia. LOL! Starting tomorrow anyone over 16 can get the shot. It was about 30 minutes to get the shot. Lots of people in there but the process was smooth. The shot I didn't even feel. I waited the mandatory 15 minutes(no one enforcing it) and left. So 50 minutes was not bad with all the people getting shots there at the Mercedes Benz Stadium. Very smooth process in a huge building. I got home and signed up for my 2nd shot for April 14. 2021. I can't wait to get it and start traveling once other countries open their borders to us.
What on earth is the point in opening it up early to everyone over a 25 BMI? If you're a 5'10 male 175 lbs. is over 25 BMI.

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
There have been studies that estrogen incurs some sort of immune survival against SARS and COV. Year old female mice tend to survive at much higher rates than year old male mice, not much of a difference is seen in young mice

Reaction Score
With a certain amount of trepidation I went and got my first shot of the Pfizer vaxer. So far so good.

I have a little bit of a sniffle so I'm gonna go blow my noses.

Tv Land Lol GIF by nobodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22