COVID Vaccination | Page 11 | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
With a certain amount of trepidation I went and got my first shot of the Pfizer vaxer. So far so good.

I have a little bit of a sniffle so I'm gonna go blow my noses.

Tv Land Lol GIF by nobodies.
university memory GIF

Reaction Score
Got Pfizer #1 yesterday, got my next appt set up for 21 days. Went to the Rent. Got the appt through VAMS and was refreshing VAMS, MyChart+, Walgreens and CVS like a fiend for 2.5 days.

As everyone has said, pretty sore arm. Nothing else to report though. And I will be going with 8893's recommended prescription of a good steak and a cab this weekend to celebrate.

Reaction Score
What on earth is the point in opening it up early to everyone over a 25 BMI? If you're a 5'10 male 175 lbs. is over 25 BMI.
Exactly that is how the whole Atlanta Hawks team got vaccinated already.

Reaction Score
joey logano is local. he started driving at six years old, and is now one of the best on earth. great dude, known to buy everyone a round or three if you happen to be in certain places in and around 'metro' middletown. hmmm, joey logano...andre drummond, .... sumthin in the water up there. i'm rather surprised lamont said that. not good. foolish, actually. in real life, folks of all stripes are gettin tired of all the labeling.
I spent every Saturday with Joey Logano for years and I've never seen him buy anyone a drink!

I mean, we were kids, but I'm just saying.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I've got my 1st shot at 11:30 today at St. Mary's in Waterbury. Has anyone been to that facility and know which shot they are using?

Reaction Score
Got Pfizer #1 yesterday, got my next appt set up for 21 days. Went to the Rent. Got the appt through VAMS and was refreshing VAMS, MyChart+, Walgreens and CVS like a fiend for 2.5 days.

As everyone has said, pretty sore arm. Nothing else to report though. And I will be going with 8893's recommended prescription of a good steak and a cab this weekend to celebrate.
Got both Moderna's last month. 2nd shot was worse (side effects) than the first.

When my wife got her shots later, the 1st one put her down for a couple of days.

When she got the 2nd, I suggested that she immediately take Tylenol to reduce fever, headache and the typical mild flu symptoms. It worked both times for her and my friends who also got the shot. None of them had adverse or serious reactions.

Not saying that Tylenol is the cure to ensure less reaction, but its a 'harmless' consideration that I will continue to recommend. Arm soreness is to be expected though.

Reaction Score
I've got my 1st shot at 11:30 today at St. Mary's in Waterbury. Has anyone been to that facility and know which shot they are using?
I got Pfizer at WAMS yesterday and they had Pfizer and Moderna. I asked and there was no factor as to which one I was receiving. I am not sure if it's the same situation at St. Mary's.

Reaction Score
After 8 days of the Moderna vaccine, I got the Covid arm yesterday. Just a bit swollen and itchy. It's starting to diminish after putting an ice pack on it last night.

It's nothing to be alarmed about though.

Reaction Score
They didn't tell you when you made the appointment? In MA they tell you which shot you are getting when you make the appointment.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
They didn't tell you when you made the appointment? In MA they tell you which shot you are getting when you make the appointment.
I saw someone who got out of appointment line in Old Saybrook last Saturday because it was Moderna and not Johnson.

I think that is ludicrous.

In my mind who cares,? you take the shot and then worry about which one after. They will certainly tell you when you are there, it will be on your card.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I saw someone who got out of appointment line in Old Saybrook last Saturday because it was Moderna and not Johnson.

I think that is ludicrous.

In my mind who cares,? you take the shot and then worry about which one after. They will certainly tell you when you are there, it will be on your card.
I can understand that one if someone wanted the one-and-done and the different type of vaccine than the type being used in both Moderna and Pfizer.

I wouldn't make a deal out of it, but I can understand why it would matter to some people. It would be ludicrous to care as between Moderna and Pfizer though.

August_West

Reaction Score
I can understand that one if someone wanted the one-and-done and the different type of vaccine than the type being used in both Moderna and Pfizer.

I wouldn't make a deal out of it, but I can understand why it would matter to some people. It would be ludicrous to care as between Moderna and Pfizer though.

If anything the Johnson vaccine is lagging in efficacy. So one and done makes zero sense in that light.

Reaction Score
Pfizer shot 1 today down here in Greensboro. Facility run by FEMA, very organized, well staffed and efficient. No side effects and I have been moving my left arm as suggested by the BYers.

Hour and half after shot: Really have a strong distaste for crabcakes and football - but that probably developed on March 20th.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If anything the Johnson vaccine is lagging in efficacy. So one and done makes zero sense in that light.
Yes and no.

It's not really an apples-to-apples comparison as between J&J versus Pfizer/Moderna because it's my understanding the J&J trials included a population that had one or more variants, whereas the Pfizer and Moderna trials did not.

The reason J&J is only doing one shot (now) is because they were able to attain better efficacy with one shot than Pfizer or Moderna did. And if the conventional wisdom is that we are likely to need a seasonal booster for the Pfizer and Moderna shots, with perhaps a tweak for the variants, there's no reason why J&J can't do the same, in which case you are still skipping a shot with J&J to achieve the same end .

Reaction Score
Reasonable, well informed or otherwise, some people seeking J&J shots may prefer more traditional vaccines with a wee bit of the actual virus vs MRNA's and PFE's new tech messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccines. The latter 2 vaccines trigger the immune system to produce protective antibodies without using some of the actual virus.

Due to current and ongoing SARS-2 mutations, e.g., multiple in Brazil, so-called double mutations in India, etc, booster inoculations may be encouraged or required this fall for people receiving any of the vaccines. Regardless of brand, the more people inoculated the better for everyone; including even the people avoiding any vaccine.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
great gramms, she of being 95 and tooling around in the chrysler fame, has decided to go j+j. someday. when the spirit moves her. interesting to note that, finally and ever so subtly, the conversation here now includes 'booster' language....
family/friends scorecard to date:
single digits j+j,
double digits mrna,
double digits 'as if, get away from me.'

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

No, they don't tell you beforehand. I ended up with Pfizer.

August_West

Reaction Score
great gramms, she of being 95 and tooling around in the chrysler fame, has decided to go j+j. someday. when the spirit moves her. interesting to note that, finally and ever so subtly, the conversation here now includes 'booster' language....
family/friends scorecard to date:
single digits j+j,
double digits mrna,
double digits 'as if, get away from me.'

this is you, isnt it?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
this is you, isnt it?

thank you for screwing up rodeo's return to msg. we had a big gang that bought tix for the return last year, and now that, too, well, read it for yourself:
Rodeo New York
south park rules.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score

I got 1st shot Pfizer at St. Mary's on Sunday. My buddy went there yesterday and got Pfizer. They had mention of both options on VAMS and cards set up on the check-in table that said Pfizer and Moderna but the woman just said I was getting Pfizer and off I went down the hall to get it.

Pay attention to the driving/parking directions which take you to the parking garage behind the Palace Theater.
Clear signs pointing you on where to go.
The shots are done in the bowels of the Palace complex and I must of counted 4 performance, practice and lecture areas as I went step by step through the process.
Never saw the main lobby or main theatre but it was cool to see the other areas in that complex.

I got there at 9:30 am for a 9:45 on Sunday and they had no problem taking me early. Got my shot at 9:52 and I was out at 10:07.
You go to a small auditorium for the 15 reaction monitor period and they make your 2nd appointment in there. I only had to sit down for 5 mins after at that point.

Easy Peasy!

August_West

Reaction Score
I got 1st shot Pfizer at St. Mary's on Sunday. My buddy went there yesterday and got Pfizer. They had mention of both options on VAMS and cards set up on the check-in table that said Pfizer and Moderna but the woman just said I was getting Pfizer and off I went down the hall to get it.

Pay attention to the driving/parking directions which take you to the parking garage behind the Palace Theater.
The shots are done in the bowels of the Palace complex and I must of counted 4 performance, practice and lecture areas as I went step by step through the process.
Never saw the main lobby or main theatre but it was cool to see the other areas in that complex.

I got there at 9:30 am for a 9:45 on Sunday and they had no problem taking me early. Got my shot at 9:52 and I was out at 10:07.
You go to a small auditorium for the 15 reaction monitor period and they make your 2nd appointment in there. I only had to sit down for 5 mins after at that point.

Easy Peasy!

I loved my setup. Never had to get out of car. Well oiled machine at Saybrook middle school.
Lineup in car, someone takes your drivers license from the window of your car, by the time your car gets to registration desk you are already registered and they give your licence back and the shot card, then 4-5 car lenghts later you pull into a Party tent, stop the car, guy walks up and sticks shot in your arm. Then they route you around the back of the school with a couple tent checkpoints, which serve as the 15 minute reaction period check, at the last check point they give a lollipop, a sticker, and the date of your second shot and you are out of there. Whole thing was under 30 minutes sitting in the car listening to music and playing toon blast on my phone :) . Not a bad deal.

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Easy Peasy!
Same experience here, Guapo. My appointment was 11:30 and I got my shot at 11:04. I saw the Moderna cards too and was told the same thing, "You're getting Pfizer". That's what the woman giving me the shot got so it was cool with me. Super easy experience and everyone was extremely patient and friendly.

Reaction Score
1st shot today at walgreens. Showed up 15 minutes early and had my shot before my appointment time. 6 hours later and I havent even gotten a sore arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom