Cole in protocol | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cole in protocol

Reaction Score
Praying he is okay and good to go. I’m still annoyed that he was sitting on the floor bleeding holding his head and the ref ran right past him and didn’t stop the play. Usually when someone’s down like that they stop the clock but the refs left him there on the ground. Makes me angry. Hitting your head is good enough reason to blow a play dead.
Most soccer leagues will stop play at any sign of a potential head injury (blah blah blah field fairies I know...) Was surprised it hasnt become similar with bball where there's a million stoppages in play anyways

Reaction Score
Most soccer leagues will stop play at any sign of a potential head injury (blah blah blah field fairies I know...) Was surprised it hasnt become similar with bball where there's a million stoppages in play anyways
Usually if someone is slow to get up they won’t stop the play, but if someone looks actually hurt, they will stop it. But apparently sitting there in your own blood isn’t good enough reason. The ref ran right past him and didn’t even flinch. Pretty annoying.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Cole is a warrior and plays hard with 100% effort
If he didn't have a rocky start and was consistent as the 2nd part of the season, he would have been 1st team NBE

Reaction Score
"Importantly, a game official is not expected to evaluate a student-athlete. Instead, if an official notices any unusual behavior, the official should stop play immediately and call an injury time-out so that an appropriate medical examination can be conducted. A simple guide to the official’s role is: “When in doubt, call an injury time-out.”

This is from the specific Concussions appendix to the rules.

Reaction Score
is the basketball protocol different than a football protocol? Basketball practically has no head contact.

Reaction Score
No question Cole will be cleared to play on Saturday. He'll most likely clear step 5 by Thursday and engage in a full practice.
  1. No Activity COMPLETE PHYSICAL & COGNITIVE REST Recovery
  2. Exertion Step 1 Light aerobic exercise: walking, bike Increase heart rate
  3. Exertion Step 2 Mode, duration and intensity‐dependent exercise based upon sport: i.e. interval bike Engage anaerobic metabolism
  4. Exertion Step 3 Sport specific activity with no head impact Add Movement
  5. Exertion Step 4 Limited, controlled return to non‐contact practice and resumption of progressive resistance training Exercise, Coordination, & Cognitive L
  6. Exertion Step 5 Full sport participation in a practice Restore Athlete’s Confidence, Coaching Staff Assesses Functional Skill
  7. Return To Play NORMAL GAME PLAY
The 5 exertion steps do not require 5 days to complete, though no more than 2 steps should be performed on the same day to allow for monitoring of both acute and delayed symptoms. If the exertion activities do not produce acute symptoms, the athlete may progress to the next step. The athlete may advance to step 5 and return to full participation the day after completing step 4 of the protocol if they remain asymptomatic. The amount of time spent in each level of the progression will be dependent upon the student‐athlete’s symptoms and the presence or absence of concussion modifiers, such as previous concussions, previous prolonged post concussive syndromes, ADD/ADHD, depression

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
W/O Cole, UConn has zero chance of advancing. Please, Please, Please get healthy Cole!!!

Reaction Score
IF (big if at this point) IF RJ is not good to go, I think Danny wants to/will start AJAX at the point:

AJAX
BOUK
Tyrese
Whaley
Sonogo

I think this would be an amazing lineup in terms of D and rebounding, obviously outside shooting would be a touch limited.

Reaction Score
IF (big if at this point) IF RJ is not good to go, I think Danny wants to/will start AJAX at the point:

AJAX
BOUK
Tyrese
Whaley
Sonogo

I think this would be an amazing lineup in terms of D and rebounding, obviously outside shooting would be a touch limited.
That is a real disaster Jackson at point. Good vision, handle suspect and can't shoot. Sorry but no.

Reaction Score
Yeah not yet. Gaff would start at point.
that would be a complete disaster.

gaffney's minutes need to be extremely limited for us to have any chance in the tournament.

he doesn't run the offense in any meaningful way and has a shaky handle bringing the ball up the court. he will get eaten alive in the tournament.

Reaction Score
that would be a complete disaster.

gaffney's minutes need to be extremely limited for us to have any chance in the tournament.

he doesn't run the offense in any meaningful way and has a shaky handle bringing the ball up the court. he will get eaten alive in the tournament.
So who then?

Reaction Score
So who then?

Danny has said that Jackson will be an NBA point - I know that it is future tense, but I think he is the next best option after Cole right now - and Gaff is one of my favorite players on the team but right now he is a bench player not capable of logging starter minutes. I just think Danny goes for it with that super athletic super strong line-up from the jump if Cole is actually out (which he won't be).

and yes Jackson and foul trouble will probably be a big issue if this happens. . .

Reaction Score
Danny has said that Jackson will be an NBA point - I know that it is future tense, but I think he is the next best option after Cole right now - and Gaff is one of my favorite players on the team but right now he is a bench player not capable of logging starter minutes. I just think Danny goes for it with that super athletic super strong line-up from the jump if Cole is actually out (which he won't be).

and yes Jackson and foul trouble will probably be a big issue if this happens. . .
His upside is huge but he can't shoot, brick city. We need someone to make shots and Gaffney has shown that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom