Cole in protocol | The Boneyard

Cole in protocol

Reaction Score
According to Borges. Hope he is ok and cleared for next week. A Saturday game could give him the extra day.
Did they change the format?? It’s usually Thur/Sat, Fri/Sun

Reaction Score
I actually thought he probably should have been checked earlier when he got fouled on the rebound and whiplashed his neck - he got up rubbing his temples. I think he might be sidelined for a bit.... hoping I'm wrong.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
How long is the typical concussion protocol ? Could it be less than 1 week?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
i imagine till he actually gets cleared by a doctor that he doesnt have a concussion
Could be anywhere from a day to weeks. But he never looked dazed, dizzy, or elsewhere. Wouldn’t expect it to be severe. Any player who hits their head into the hardwood so hard it breaks skin is going into protocol.

Reaction Score
I actually thought he probably should have been checked earlier when he got fouled on the rebound and whiplashed his neck - he got up rubbing his temples. I think he might be sidelined for a bit.... hoping I'm wrong.
I totally forgot about that play but you're right. When he went down on THAT play I thought concussion. Then the play where he bloodies his face.
Sweet Jesus.
Cole played his heart out tonight, didn't get many of his patented floaters, but all respect to him.

Reaction Score
Hurley said in postgame news conference that RJ will go through concussion protocol and we'll see how it goes basically.

Reaction Score
i imagine till he actually gets cleared by a doctor that he doesnt have a concussion
That’s pretty much it. There are a series of tests and until you come through them all you aren’t cleared. Could be a couple of days, could be a while depending on How severe, if he has had any previous concussions, and just how quickly he heals.

Reaction Score
Basically this is the NCAA protocol.
  1. Symptom-limited activity.
  2. Light aerobic exercise without resistance training.
  3. Sport-specific exercise and activity without head impact.
  4. Non-contact practice with progressive resistance training.
  5. Unrestricted training.
  6. Unrestricted return-to-sport.
The above stepwise progression will be supervised by a health care provider with expertise in concussion, with it being typical for each step in the progression to last at least 24 hours.

Reaction Score
  1. Symptom-limited activity.
  2. Light aerobic exercise without resistance training.
  3. Sport-specific exercise and activity without head impact.
  4. Non-contact practice with progressive resistance training.
  5. Unrestricted training.
  6. Unrestricted return-to-sport.
The above stepwise progression will be supervised by a health care provider with expertise in concussion, with it being typical for each step in the progression to last at least 24 hours.
Not sure RJ has been diagnosed with a concussion, DH just said going through protocol.

If he has a concussion then I assume the above will apply. Either way other than limiting his participation in practice you would think a week should give him ample time.

Reaction Score
Didn't look dazed. So hopefully it's okay. The next 24-48 hours is key.

I've had a number of them (probably last night after seeing what I posted about the poll) and its not fun. Half of them, I don't remember anything with vomiting and the other half, it was like it was nothing.

We see in the NFL that if a player is in concussion protocol, it could last just a week and they are cleared to practice mid week. Others takes the time.

Either way, he's going to miss practice time and that's another concern.

Reaction Score
Cole would have made a huge difference had he stayed on the floor last night in the second half. It would be a shame if he cant play due to this. He played his heart out last night.

Let's hope he will recover quickly and be back on the court soon.

Reaction Score
Praying he is okay and good to go. I’m still annoyed that he was sitting on the floor bleeding holding his head and the ref ran right past him and didn’t stop the play. Usually when someone’s down like that they stop the clock but the refs left him there on the ground. Makes me angry. Hitting your head is good enough reason to blow a play dead.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom