2023 Recruiting: - Cam Spencer | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Cam Spencer

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
[Reads entire thread. Sees that there is no reference of eating steak.]

Bruce Willis Wtf GIF

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hurley seems to like the 8 man rotation.

Last year during the Big East season it was the starting 5, Diarra, Alleyne, and Clingan with Joey getting minutes cut.

During the tournament Joey took Diara’s minutes.

As is, the rotation is Castle, Newton, Ross/Stewart, Karaban, and Clingan. With the extra 2 being Diarra/Ball, Samson/Singare.

It's 10 healthy bodies, with only needing 8 for any particular game depending on match ups.

If there is foul trouble youbuse all 10 as needed.

What we do all know is the myriad of possibilities and events yet uknown alwayseans the rotation works itself out by Feb-Apr.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I can understand that more. I don’t agree but can understand it more rather than guys won’t be ready.

A 6’7 do it all athlete like Jayden Ross can be better than a 6’4 in unathletic Cam Spencer in March if you let him.

Remember when we wanted to bring in Landers Nolley last year for experience at the 4 and had to settle for freshman Alex Karaban instead?
The point really is that it's a risk. We have two guys who can play the 3 and both are freshmen. Sometimes you get lucky, like Alex (who did have an extra 1/2 season in the program). Sometimes you get Sid Wilson, who was highly regarded and never panned out. If one of the freshmen takes the job mid-season, that's fantastic. Meanwhile we need some experience on the wing. If not Spencer, then somebody who we know is a D1 college player.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I mean yeah, that kind of shows it’s not as necessary. Solo will 100% be a better shooter and all around scorer than Andre too. Lol

What this team may lack in shooting from last year can make up for with their ability to dribble drive and penetrate to create their own shots.
Ball isn't know as a shooter, you even said he is more known as a scorer, and he is a Freshman. I rather have a proven upper classmen shooter to add to the starting lineup.

Seems like a sucker bet that Ball ends up with a better 3pt FG% than Andre did.

Seems like it.

But Ball isn't a knock down shooter, his minutes will vary and his offensive opportinities will be inconsistent as the season gets underway.

I'll go on a limb and go with Ball has more made 3's as a frosh than Andre did last season.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The point really is that it's a risk. We have two guys who can play the 3 and both are freshmen. Sometimes you get lucky, like Alex (who did have an extra 1/2 season in the program). Sometimes you get Sid Wilson, who was highly regarded and never panned out. If one of the freshmen takes the job mid-season, that's fantastic. Meanwhile we need some experience on the wing. If not Spencer, then somebody who we know is a D1 college player.
Come on bruh Sid Wilson was exactly who we thought he was. A very raw athlete with no skills. Lol

I kind of hope we get to put this theory to the test.
Seems like a sucker bet that Ball ends up with a better 3pt FG% than Andre did.

Seems like it.

But Ball isn't a knock down shooter, his minutes will vary and his offensive opportinities will be inconsistent as the season gets underway.

I'll go on a limb and go with Ball has more made 3's as a frosh than Andre did last season.
My prediction if we don’t bring in another guard is that Ball will win that backup guard role over Diarra eventually and be Joey C in a different way as a microwave off the bench. Maybe similar to Boatright his freshman year.

I think having both Alex and Donovan there can be huge for helping the freshman get ready from two guys who did it themselves and were successful doing so. Especially with someone as smart and hardworking as Alex leading the way.

Reaction Score
I did not realize his highlight tape was this nasty...oh my god

There is so much surrounding the program, from realignment to draft decisions to basking in the shade of ‘ship number 5 that I forget how incredible our incoming class is.

I remember being incredibly hyped for Bouk to make his debut. We currently have 4 incoming recruits that at least 1 service see as better prospects than Bouk. Including Solo, who is a compete stud.

Reaction Score
There is so much surrounding the program, from realignment to draft decisions to basking in the shade of ‘ship number 5 that I forget how incredible our incoming class is.

I remember being incredibly hyped for Bouk to make his debut. We currently have 4 incoming recruits that at least 1 service see as better prospects than Bouk. Including Solo, who is a compete stud.

I think we can reasonably say that Bouk was way, way underrated because of the injury junior year. I'm sure a couplefew of these guys will be strong contributors over their college career, but even one of them being as good a college player as Bouk is probably <50%.

Castle will be a better pro.

Reaction Score
I think we can reasonably say that Bouk was way, way underrated because of the injury junior year. I'm sure a couplefew of these guys will be strong contributors over their college career, but even one of them being as good a college player as Bouk is probably <50%.

I remember seeing Bouk in Charleston as a freshmen and immediately thinking: he just looks different out there. So talented, the way he glided around the court & his feel for the game was just on another level than what we had seen for years prior, even as a raw, underdeveloped freshman. Hoping we see some of the freshmen make an impact, but I’ll feel a lot better if we have a guy like Spencer starting and Ball/Ross are eased into things off the bench.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I did not realize his highlight tape was this nasty...oh my god

The dunks looked nice but most of them don't immediately translate to CBB. Defenders won't give him 15' of running room to the rim. The catch and shoot 3's though? That's something that can translate right away.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
The dunks looked nice but most of them don't immediately translate to CBB. Defenders won't give him 15' of running room to the rim. The catch and shoot 3's though? That's something that can translate right away.
His shooting form is what I was most impressed with. Obviously won't be putting dudes on a poster in CBB like the video, but his athleticism is still insane. Big time slash potential.

Reaction Score
As can his defense and athleticism in running dudes off the three point line and harassing passing lanes.

Reaction Score

I think there is a good chance that several have better UConn careers but I do agree re: pure talent. Bouk also does not seem like a good kid and who knows how he effected the team. The star recruit driving drunk and then crashing and abandoning his car (and then kinda obviously being covered up?) is not exactly the example we want set for the rest of the roster.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
It's 10 healthy bodies, with only needing 8 for any particular game depending on match ups.

If there is foul trouble youbuse all 10 as needed.

What we do all know is the myriad of possibilities and events yet uknown alwayseans the rotation works itself out by Feb-Apr.
All it takes is an injury and all of a sudden if you don't have the depth, you have a problem.

Reaction Score
I also don’t think we’re giving this guy enough credit…..

Wow, Solo looks ready to play. He has a great sense for open space on the court, how to instinctively navigate it, or when it's closing up and he needs to pull up. Not afraid of contact, tough player, a strong leaper with long arms, loves to dunk, and wait for it, he is deceptively quick. Staff will turn Solo into a lockdown defender. This guy is getting minutes.

Reaction Score
Wow, Solo looks ready to play. He has a great sense for open space on the court, how to instinctively navigate it, or when it's closing up and he needs to pull up. Not afraid of contact, tough player, a strong leaper with long arms, loves to dunk, and wait for it, he is deceptively quick. Staff will turn Solo into a lockdown defender. This guy is getting minutes.
lol. He is a big time athlete. He super quick and fast. More like a left handed Jerome Dyson.

Reaction Score
Yep I agree. Let's bring in 2 transfer portal shooters and I will feel confident about the team.
From what we’ve heard, sounds like it’s just going to be 1 player from the portal & bank the scholarship. Would love them to get a kid in early from the ‘24 Class, get him in during the spring.

Reaction Score
lol. He is a big time athlete. He super quick and fast. More like a left handed Jerome Dyson.

Like the comparison!

This kid is a special athlete for sure, will be interesting to see him grow. Has a CBB ready body it would seem already which does help.

Reaction Score
They've got enough shooting to spread the floor and Danny is going to scheme open looks. The sky is not falling re: shooting.

More of a loss imo is the speed and tenacity with which Hawk played in the offensive set, he broke down defenders over the course of a game by playing like a crackhead on payday. It will be very interesting to see how that energy is replaced.

Reaction Score

Lol, my guy... it's well known he is one of (if not THE) best pure athletes in this class. There's no "deceptive" here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom