Best Player Ever From The State Of Connecticut | The Boneyard

Best Player Ever From The State Of Connecticut

Reaction Score
Someone stated in a thread, where the relative merits of Lively versus Clingan was being discussed that, "Yes, he’s (Clingan) the best player CT has ever seen."
Focusing on Connecticut natives, someone countered with Drummond and another with Gminski, and you might add Camby or Corny Thompson, but how about overall best player ever, regardless of position? Calvin Murphy?

Reaction Score
Someone stated in a thread, where the relative merits of Lively versus Clingan was being discussed that, "Yes, he’s (Clingan) the best player CT has ever seen."
Focusing on Connecticut natives, someone countered with Drummond and another with Gminski, and you might add Camby or Corny Thompson, but how about overall best player ever, regardless of position? Calvin Murphy?

The comment that he made Re: Clingan in that thread was facetious.

Reaction Score
Calvin Murphy
super John Williamson
Tom Roy
Corny Thompson
Chris Smith
johnny Egan
Mustafa Herron
Art Quimby

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Only HoF born in CT, so he's the easy #1.

Here's the link to the list of players born in CT. Someone like Drummond who was born in New York and raised in CT doesn't make the list.

My UConn roomie from Fairfield County had a friend who had a bad leg. He could shoot ok, but had bad mobility. They went to an open gym at Norwalk High and the lame guy says loud enough fior everyone to hear. “Where’s Murphy, I want Murphy.” Hilarious.

Egan lived a few blocks up my street in Hartford, about 7 years ahead.of me. Among the guards, Murphy was easily the best. Egan was no slouch though. The best hs performance I ever saw in person was by Williamson in a tournament game.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Is Johnny Egan related to former Rocky Hill and Quinipiac two sport Pat Egan? My dad worked with Pat’s dad and I went to a lot of Rocky Hill game was a kid. Was in the Oriole’s system but blood clots ended his big league bid. Was a monster lefty who threw gas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom