OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 248 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
pedestrian, unremarkable, new york streetish looking (prolly overly doughy), lack of leopard spotting, poor ingredient coverage (what's that, 1 slice of tomato per slab?), not even flake sausage but moar like speck sausage, uninspired, tedious. boring.

low cuisine.
Pretty much my experience and assessment half a dozen years ago when I sought it out, and was overall puzzled, thinking I had to have missed something.

I even think there was a repeat visit that didn't change the impression, and I wasn't alone either time.

In the aftermath, it felt awkward, like I'd be going out of my way to be negative if I said anything, so I treated it like, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything."

Nothing bad really, and actually a comfy vibe, enough to still think, "Did I miss something?" when I consider that it seems so fondly regarded by others.

But I read what you wrote and it feels like I'd be withholding if I didn't admit, "Yeah, me too."

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I have a co worker who will die on the hill this is CTs hidden gem. I trust all content from ADub. What say you?
It’s a NYC Slice all the way, nothing new haven style about it at all. I love great nY pizza too though , it was definitely a fantastic couple ( ok few ) slices. I got the two in picture after soundcheck, then 30 minutes later I was thinking about how good it was twiddling my thumbs backstage and decided I could use one more, so yeah , it was good enough to create that Jones. Plus the place sits about 50 feet from the load in dock at the palace.

Definitely would do again.

Another charm. Pia was actually there! and I estimate she is 107 years old and she is taking pizza orders in totally broken English. Old school.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It’s a NYC Slice all the way, nothing new haven style about it at all. I love great nY pizza too though , it was definitely a fantastic couple ( ok few ) slices. I got the two in picture after soundcheck, then 30 minutes later I was thinking about how good it was twiddling my thumbs backstage and decided I could use one more, so yeah , it was good enough to create that Jones. Plus the place sits about 50 feet from the load in dock at the palace.

Another charm. Pia was actually there! and I estimate she is 107 years old and she is taking pizza orders in totally broken English. Old school.
Pia's the real deal, and I admit that it took me a while to warm to the Joe's love on Carmine Street when I lived in the Village.

Reaction Score

Pia is a friend, well at least she was a friend to my dad. She was looking at me last time I came in and I told her about my dad and she told me how much she misses him coming in and that she recognized me even though I look different. She's a wonderful lady...

I think she's about 95 and Domenick is just shy of 100. The son David has been there forever and is a very nice guy. I've only had cheese and pepperoni in all my visits, I would tell anyone it's a place to get cheese slices. Your slices don't look so hot from the pics, they're usually more well done than that with some bubbles on the crust but glad you enjoyed it and you could tell it's a great little spot.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Might not be a terrible food. It's basically a variation on a calzone. Less a pizza than even Chicago Style deep dish (which I like).

Reaction Score
Might not be a terrible food. It's basically a variation on a calzone. Less a pizza than even Chicago Style deep dish (which I like).
one thing that other parts of the country try to do with pizza (and it's universally terrible) is to make it sweeter.

reminds me a little bit of new hampshire-style beach pizza, where the sauce is sweetened with orange soda. it's basically inedible.

beach-pizza-1651164321.jpg

Reaction Score
one thing that other parts of the country try to do with pizza (and it's universally terrible) is to make it sweeter.

reminds me a little bit of new hampshire-style beach pizza, where the sauce is sweetened with orange soda. it's basically inedible.

This looks worse than the pizzas my mom would make me as a kid: English muffin, pasta sauce, and a slice of american cheese.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This looks worse than the pizzas my mom would make me as a kid: English muffin, pasta sauce, and a slice of american cheese.

I've seen some places selling Roman sheet pizza. Noticed it looking at the Harpoon Brewery website today.

I've had the Roman sheet pizza at Citizen Crust a few times, and while it is different than New Haven or NY style, it is good. They give you scissors to cut it.

Reaction Score
yeah, it's worse than that haha. but people in new hampshire/north shore massachusetts swear by it. i legitimately enjoy bad pizza (little caesars, domino's, etc.) and could barely finish a slice, meanwhile my seacoast new hampshire friends are eating it by the box.

Reaction Score

that's what immediately came to mind, those garbaggio "english muffin pizzas" that kids ate back in the day.

Reaction Score
that's what immediately came to mind, those garbaggio "english muffin pizzas" that kids ate back in the day.

Still better than most of her "chicken" that was oess flavorful than coarboard and twice as difficult to chew.

The good moms always classed ot up with bagels in the oven at least

Reaction Score
Still better than most of her "chicken" that was oess flavorful than coarboard and twice as difficult to chew.

The good moms always classed ot up with bagels in the oven at least
Sounds like she at least used an oven. The problem was moms and grannies used to boil everything. Boil the chicken and then boil the veggies so they turn into Gerber.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

That looks like the pizza my high school used to serve.

Reaction Score
Went to Zuppardi’s today. Was at IKEA getting some stuff and called in a fresh clam pie.

Said it before and I’ll say it again. The best apizza out there. King of the hill.

Reaction Score
Latest top 50 in USA list - in NY Post today. No NH! Of the 9 NY mentioned, only head of 1, and it's not so hot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom