OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 246 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
You dont stuff sausage,jeez.you grind the sausage and put it into the casing.or loose without the casing.i cut meat while in high school

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You dont stuff sausage,jeez.you grind the sausage and put it into the casing.or loose without the casing.i cut meat while in high school

It is literally called stuffing sausages.

I did not cut meat in high school, but I did take honors English, so you are going to have to trust me on this.

Reaction Score
It is literally called stuffing sausages.

I did not cut meat in high school, but I did take honors English, so you are going to have to trust me on this.
Thanks for tackling this one, after reading his posts in the Celtics thread I wasn't even going to bother.

Reaction Score
Not in any meatroom I worked in.its called making sausage links or loose.go back to stuffing envelopes

Reaction Score
As
Some sausage stuffers:

1654737938789.jpeg

1654737747918.jpeg

Lol

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
How do you know about that place? Thats my neck of the woods. Nobody in CT even knows where the e f f Winthrop is. They make me a custom broccoli Rabe and Sausage stuffed bread that my finacee makes me stop for at least twice a week, as her cravings have shifted.
I mean no one even lives around there. LOL

And yes its really good. Up until a couple years ago it was a general store, who was second only to Country cow in making best BEC in state.
'They make me a custom broccoli Rabe and Sausage stuffed bread that my finacee makes me stop for at least twice a week...'
'And yes its really good.'

nuff said aboot dat.

but not aboot this.
'finacee'
u sum kind of jiggolo?
and now a word aboot Winthrop/Deep River, the birthplace of one of the rootin tootinest wild west gunslingers, lawman, and sometimes crook, known far and wide as 'Mysterious Dave Mather.'
Davemather.jpg

pals with wyatt earp, and hired on by bat masterson to be in a posse for the atchison, topeka, and santa fe railroad. later, he was deputy marshall of dodge city.
had more notches on his holster than sausage flakes on a pepe's pizza.
mebbe he spent time in that old stone house off cedar swamp road in Winthrop, where the snakes are so abundant that they literally hang down from the ceilings. i bet shootin at them will sharpen up ur eye.
or mebbe he learned a lesson from his dad's story, where he left the fam when dave was a tyke, only to get smoked onboard his ship, the Ellen,
in shanghai harbor, 9/13/1864. reported in the Courant, 11/19/1864.
ya know, shoot first, ask questions later.

Reaction Score

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Oh that's rich. The place is calling itself Apizza Grande. Seems intended to confuse to me...

I know Winthrop/Deep River because we used to live in Westbrook, but I haven't been out that way on Route 80 in at least a few years, when it was still a general store.
I used to live in that general store every morning when I lived Chester/Cedar lake. Only 5minutes away. Really great BEC's. Now I dont live near there but do a lot of work in Ivoryton so it is convenient for me to go to the now Apizza Grande for lunch or pick something up for dinner (Old Lyme is a pizza wasteland filled with greek crap) . I was pleasantly surprised how good it is. Chicken Cutlet subs are loaded too.

The location boggles my mind. It did when it was a general store and it does now as a Pizza place.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I used to live in that general store every morning when I lived Chester/Cedar lake. Only 5minutes away. Really great BEC's. Now I dont live near there but do a lot of work in Ivoryton so it is convenient for me to go to the now Apizza Grande for lunch or pick something up for dinner (Old Lyme is a pizza wasteland filled with greek crap) . I was pleasantly surprised how good it is. Chicken Cutlet subs are loaded too.

The location boggles my mind. It did when it was a general store and it does now as a Pizza place.

It actually use to be a motorcycle dealership back in the day

Doing something for the Playhouse? Not much else there.

As for Old Lyme, I thought there was an Italian place across from Rogers Lake? Maybe it changed hands.

Reaction Score
If you never worked in a meat room then you that rotton rag called the wapo and that other idiot can ,seriously.
They interviewed a bunch of people whose business was sausage and they all said they stuffed it.

What is this word? Rotton? Did you mean Raton? You had those in the meat room where you worked?

Reaction Score
I’m seeing “sausage flakes” now in the parlance of this thread.

Being from Jersey, I’ve known it as Greco sausage. This is from my A #1 spot for Jersey-style pizza (but holds its own against anyone from anywhere), conveniently 10 minutes from where I grew up. Is this what you all are talking about regarding “flakes”? This is Alfonso’s in Princeton btw IYKYK

9D629D25-685F-4515-9951-FAE9A56A2B82.jpeg

Reaction Score
I’m seeing “sausage flakes” now in the parlance of this thread.

Being from Jersey, I’ve known it as Greco sausage. This is from my A #1 spot for Jersey-style pizza (but holds its own against anyone from anywhere), conveniently 10 minutes from where I grew up. Is this what you all are talking about regarding “flakes”? This is Alfonso’s in Princeton btw IYKYK

View attachment 76826
Very nice, and no black soot on the crust. Looks like there is some cheese too under all that meat. :p

Reaction Score
Very nice, and no black soot on the crust. Looks like there is some cheese too under all that meat. :p
Yeah Jersey style as far as I can tell is slightly thicker crust than New York pizza and doesn’t have to be in the specific ovens that are used for the best NY pies; but not deep as nor cooked in a pan like Greek style. I figure the specific makeup of New Haven Apizza dough and its thinness lends itself to char more so than whatever goes into NJ/NY styles. I feel like they may go a little crazier with the flour too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom