Bad news: Positive Covid Test- Team to Pause Activities [MERGED THREAD] | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Bad news: Positive Covid Test- Team to Pause Activities [MERGED THREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is just a set back, In the bigger picture every ones health is what is important. Games can be made up but people cannot be replaced. I am just as disappointed as every one else(including the team I am sure) but we need to err on the side of caution.

Reaction Score
First, I hope whoever has it recovers quickly and only has mild symptoms at most. Second, I hope nobody else catches it. Unfortunately this seems like it will be the theme of this season—trying to have some normal in not-so-normal circumstances. Hopefully this pandemic goes away sooner rather than later, but absolutely this season should be more about the health and well-being of the student-first athletes and staff over any basketball game(s). As a WCBB fan I want to see the season played, but I’d also rather see players playing next year than players in hospital beds this year.
Very well stated!!!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
My immediate reaction was, like most people's, one of intense disappointment. The timing is just ... well, it sucks.

But on further reflection, I'm taking a more sanguine view. It may turn out to be a blessing in the longer term that we've had this early setback. It may serve as a needed reminder to take every precaution to minimize the odds of contracting this stealthy pathogen.

As Geno said above, it's now all about how the team can roll with it, make adjustments and move on. If nothing else, this year has given us a forced master class in that. It's never about what happens as much as it's about how we respond to what happens.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

EBF75C1E-F5C6-48CD-8C1A-F98871D46A30.jpeg

2F837FD2-0DD5-483D-BF7B-7686FD1E9361.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
vaccine may be the savior... bump the final 4 to June...give the schools (and Us) a 6 month season... play games when you can, let the teams play up to 30 games til june. We all should be vaccinated by then and this will be in the past (until the next one).
Maybe we all will be smarter next time.
It is kinda cool to wear a mask.. I do not shave as much

Reaction Score
Time to put the players and everyone who interacts with the program in a bubble somewhere on campus or something because it’s going to happen again.

Reaction Score
Damn, damn, damn. My first thoughts are with the players, coaches and staff to weather this out safely.

To me personally, its a crusher, the season starting was my light on the top of the hill.......its still there, but now there are a few more valleys for us to pass through along the way.
Same. I barely survived the year, all keyed to the return of the UConn Lady Huskies. One has to wonder if any of the game will survive this pandemic. Maybe they should just re-schedule the entire NCAA BB season, to begin in mid-March or April, when the vaccine is possibly available.

Reaction Score
any chance it was a false positive. Do they do a 2nd test. how about a 3rd. I am desperate. I need to see my team play.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We are all too anxious for things to be normal. Two friends dropped by a few days ago for a few minutes. They and my wife and I wore masks the whole time. Yesterday one called to say her husband has the virus. My wife, recently in cancer remission, got tested yesterday awaiting results. She feels ok. I’m waiting to see how our friend’s (the wife who visited) test comes out before I test myself. It’s damn contagious, obviously with bad consequences for some.
God Bless Prayers are on the way

Reaction Score
I wouldn't count on a vaccine to save this season. We're probably a year away from having enough doses for everyone that wants it and/or convincing a large enough percentage of the population to take it. It's too little too late to have an impact on this season. And college kids are probably way down on that totem pole anyway. Also the longer you delay this season the greater the chance it screws up the next one. Best bet is to try to get in an abbreviated season of 15-20 games, make up dates in the conference schedule should be doable, and then have the tourney in one central place in April and just bang it out over the course of a couple of weeks. No conference tournaments, and teams that can't meet the NCAA quarantine rules are disqualified (i.e. if someone tests positive and you have to do the 14-day quarantine your team is out). I think we're going to have to be happy with whatever we get this season, and be a little patient and practical with how this awkward season plays out.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Since March, I've believed the following: The championship will be won by a team that (1) deals best with the virus, (2) is the luckiest with the virus, and/or (3) lies about it most effectively.
I've been on the verge of stating my extreme skepticism that all institutions have been both rigorous and forthcoming in testing and reporting. And there, now I stated it.

Reaction Score
I think all schools are taking it seriously (Louisville's bench set up in the Yum Center says it all), but agree it will take some luck. [ ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89