Bad news: Positive Covid Test- Team to Pause Activities [MERGED THREAD] | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Bad news: Positive Covid Test- Team to Pause Activities [MERGED THREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno said he felt remendous empathy with "our kids", but when he met with them they were trying to comfort him. What an exceptional bunch of young women this is. That being said they would not be human if they do not feel the effects of this wretched set of circumstances.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Very disappointing that it was neither a player or coach who tested positive, but another member of the tier 1 group: trainer, therapist, medical staff or equipment mgr.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Very disappointing that it was neither a player or coach who tested positive, but another member of the tier 1 group: trainer, therapist, medical staff or equipment mgr.

I was pretty confident it would not be a player. The discipline they have and the fact they do not have family makes it much "easier" to isolate.

I wish they could identify the cause but that is just not how this works. I am guessing somewhere down the line, they will refine the 14 day rule.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I've been on the verge of stating my extreme skepticism that all institutions have been both rigorous and forthcoming in testing and reporting. And there, now I stated it.
I hope I'm not being too cynical, but some people may be so eager to win that they will cut corners. Suppose the NPOY tests positive the day before the championship game. Would some team try to hide that info for another day?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Perhaps it's the better of the two alternatives. A player or coach might be more likely to spread it to other coaches and players since they spend more time together away from just practice (or whatever specific team activity they're involved in).

Reaction Score
Not that it matters much..but on my local news it was reported that the person or persons who tested positive was not a coach or player. Maybe one of the trainers or handler of equipment.

Reaction Score

Great symbolism, Argonaut.
Damn, damn, damn. My first thoughts are with the players, coaches and staff to weather this out safely.

To me personally, its a crusher, the season starting was my light on the top of the hill.......its still there, but now there are a few more valleys for us to pass through along the way.
Great thoughts, Scud. No matter how dark there IS light at the end of the tunnel.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, I know you guys are incredibly disappointed.

Right now it's just 2 weeks lost. Seems worse because we were a few days from a game but that will pass. Better now than late February.

Sadly this won't be the last fan base to feel it.

Reaction Score
Can we get a banner for that?
I doubt it kicker. Just a guess but if there is a broken or partial season the NCAA will find a way to have a tournament in the spring. This if things improve and a vaccine then available. They will pick the teams projected to be the top 64 and have a tournament to garnish the TV money.
Due to the lack of a unbroken regular season there will be no NC trophy or banner. In keeping with the modern times all 64 will receive precipitation trophies.
Therefore the West Overshoe St Leather Laces will get the same trophy as Uconn, SC, Stanford etc. ;)

Reaction Score
But the good news. Yes, there is good news. Media report that the CDC is considering reducing the time required for quarantine from 14 days to just 7-10 days after possible exposure, provided that a Covid test comes up negative at the end of that period.

Would that give us another game or two?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
But the good news. Yes, there is good news. Media report that the CDC is considering reducing the time required for quarantine from 14 days to just 7-10 days after possible exposure, provided that a Covid test comes up negative at the end of that period.

Would that give us another game or two?
Don’t know if a change in the CDC guidance will happen soon enough to help with the current situation, but going forward, it could certainly make a difference for any future situation, either with UConn or with any future opponents.

Reaction Score
Geno did say that the person being tested will be tested again today. There is a possibility that they had a false positive test. It does happen. I know I am dreaming but you just don't know. That would be ideal if it was a false negative.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Geno did say that the person being tested will be tested again today. There is a possibility that they had a false positive test. It does happen. I know I am dreaming but you just don't know. That would be ideal if it was a false negative.
A ray of hope. :cool:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I've read of situations where a Person tested positive for Covid and through Contact Testing, they identified the players who came in contact and required a 14 day Quarantine for these players. The next couple of days the person who caused the quarantine came back with negative Covid Tests. However, the players placed on quarantine were still required to be quarantined for 14 days. That makes no sense to me.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I've read of situations where a Person tested positive for Covid and through Contact Testing, they identified the players who came in contact and required a 14 day Quarantine for these players. The next couple of days the person who caused the quarantine came back with negative Covid Tests. However, the players placed on quarantine were still required to be quarantined for 14 days. That makes no sense to me.
Given enough chances government, bureaucrats and their regulations will kill you. So don't expect logic @Wbbfan1 .

Reaction Score
Geno said he felt remendous empathy with "our kids", but when he met with them they were trying to comfort him. What an exceptional bunch of young women this is. That being said they would not be human if they do not feel the effects of this wretched set of circumstances.
Geno's getting soft in his old age. Maybe that's why the last several teams didn't have that killer instinct he has complained was missing the last few years in saying his teams were "too nice."

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'm down in the dumps, today I was going to post the first Prognosticator's Predictions thread for the 20-21 season. Now I have to wait until December.:( I guess I'll just have my Comfort and water early today and maybe even two of them instead of one.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score

Most people infected with COVID-19 only shed virus over a 3-7 day window. People who never develop symptoms tend to shed virus for a shorter period of time, although at the peak of infection they can shed as much virus as symptomatic individuals. So an asymptomatic infected person might only test positive for a few days. But if they infect anyone over that time interval, the incubation period can be as long as 14 days before symptoms of infection appear. But it is typically shorter than 10 days, which is why the new quarantine guidelines are being proposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom