Aubrey Update “doesn’t look good right now” | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Aubrey Update “doesn’t look good right now”

Reaction Score
Considering she was on the sidelines with a boot on, not sure it's debatable.
Piath wearing a boot all season?
Mir?
Amari just get one off?
I musta missed ‘em.

Reaction Score
Not sure how I slipped a disk, just was in a world of pain. I ruptured a disk when I bent over to pick up the laundry basket. Had to wait a month for the surgery. Both of these happened within a year of each other. I broke my back when my zero turn lawn mower flipped over on top of me when I ignored almost every warning sticker on the machine. :)
How careless. Didn't you read the stickers on the laundry basket?
You know. Bend at the knees. Keep your back straight. Pull the basket close to your chest. Stand up in a slow, steady, motion beginning with pushing up with the balls of your feet. :rolleyes:

I saw a case in the ER many years ago where an employee using a riding lawn mower accidentally drove into an empty swimming pool with the mower landing on his left hand and lower arm. Multiple fractures of many bones in his hand, every finger, and multiple fractures of his wrist and bones in the lower arm. What an arthritic poster boy he must be today. Hope yours wasn't something you're still suffering with.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
How careless. Didn't you read the stickers on the laundry basket?
You know. Bend at the knees. Keep your back straight. Pull the basket close to your chest. Stand up in a slow, steady, motion beginning with pushing up with the balls of your feet. :rolleyes:

I saw a case in the ER many years ago where an employee using a riding lawn mower accidentally drove into an empty swimming pool with the mower landing on his left hand and lower arm. Multiple fractures of many bones in his hand, every finger, and multiple fractures of his wrist and bones in the lower arm. What an arthritic poster boy he must be today. Hope yours wasn't something you're still suffering with.
You are correct about the laundry basket, I didn't read the stickers. As far as the lawn mower, I read them all but chose to ignore them. My back still bothers me mostly due to old age, cold weather and having to lift small bales of hay to bring to the animals daily. My back does have two titanium rods attached to my back bone with six screws. Made it all better.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Piath wearing a boot all season?
Mir?
Amari just get one off?
I musta missed ‘em.
I don't think that those are the only things you missed...:rolleyes:
You completely ignore the post about Saylor wearing a boot in the games before she transfers and then completely turn in to bee ess about other players. Go figure.

Reaction Score
So let's total it up:

Left team and WCBB

Ana Makurat- decided to leave the team at the end of the season to play professionally in Europe.
Megan Walker left early to play in the WNBA

College Transfers

Mir McLean
Sailor Poffenbarger

Injuries

Paige
Azzi
Nika Muhl
Aubrey Griffin
(Poffenbarger was also dealing with a long-term back injury when she decided to transfer)

So eight athletes available. But two of those players have undergone surgery:

Piath Gabriel was "restricted" in workouts during the summer due to rehab from surgery. Unknown whether that surgery and possibly continued rehab have any impact on her limited playing time this season. Also was mentioned as having some sort of academic issue.
Evina Westbrook has undergone two knee surgeries, and was supposed to be limited in minutes per game. this season.

So that leaves six players on the roster who are healthy and without surgery issues:

Edwards
Williams
Ducharmes
ONO
DeBerry
Juhasz

It leaves six players whom Coach Geno actually plays. Gabriel has been given no indication that she will get meaningful playing time anytime soon. DeBerry has been given a few minutes recently, but clearly is not yet trusted to play meaningful minutes, though that could change, given Coach Geno's recent favorable post-game remarks.

So the players who actually play, and can be expected to play almost all of the minutes are:

Edwards
Williams
Westbrook
Ducharmes
ONO
Juhasz

Can't recall any Connecticut team's having experienced such a tidal wave of early entry to the pros, transfers, and injuries. We've had weak benches before, but usually because of a lack of bench talent, not a lack of healthy bodies.
MW left two seasons ago not when AM left, so she did not affect this year's team. Besides, she would have graduated already if she stayed ( unless staying for her COVID super senior year).

Reaction Score
how many times have we seen AG enter a game with UConn playing poorly and make a steal, a block or an offensive rebound and basket totally changing the momentum in UConn's favor..........the more games I watch, the more I realize how much UConn misses Aubrey Griffin..............:(

Reaction Score
Yikes. Were you in a parachute accident?
You do not have to be in a parachute accident. This is a result of every jump you make. I made 38 jumps from perfectly good airplanes serving 23 years in the Marine Corps. I never landed on my feet like they show in the movies and never used rectangular chutes like they show these days. I have had severe nerve, disc, spinal and hip damage that has resulted in multiple surgeries, therapy and recovery even up to this current day. The pain never goes away. There are lots of military service members just like me out there. And, back injuries are prevalent whether or not you have served in the military.

Reaction Score
how many times have we seen AG enter a game with UConn playing poorly and make a steal, a block or an offensive rebound and basket totally changing the momentum in UConn's favor..........the more games I watch, the more I realize how much UConn misses Aubrey Griffin..............:(
Was hoping Mir could have provided some of that.

Reaction Score
Let's try it this way. Having read various posts re back injuries, as a longstanding back pain sufferer I posted a new thread on back pain. Using my own and other fellow sufferers including Shock Jock Howard Stern and Legal Zoom/OJ lawyer Robert Shapiro's experiences as related on Larry King, I related how our experiences were stress related, and the remarkable doctor John Sarno of the NYU Rusk institute who treated non-injury back pain by de-stressing patients. His cure was to get us to relax by whatever way works for us - Scotch, exercise, a nap, whatever works for us.

In Aubrey's case the medical team has been unable thus far to cure the back pains. I suggested addressing her possible stress-inducing issues, as it is not unreasonable to believe she is likely under a fair amount of stress. I hope her medical team keeps an open mind and checks this out this avenue! [ ]

Last edited by a moderator:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Let's try it this way. Having read various posts re back injuries, as a longstanding back pain sufferer I posted a new thread on back pain. Using my own and other fellow sufferers including Shock Jock Howard Stern and Legal Zoom/OJ lawyer Robert Shapiro's experiences as related on Larry King, I related how our experiences were stress related, and the remarkable doctor John Sarno of the NYU Rusk institute who treated non-injury back pain by de-stressing patients. His cure was to get us to relax by whatever way works for us - Scotch, exercise, a nap, whatever works for us.

In Aubrey's case the medical team has been unable thus far to cure the back pains. I suggested addressing her possible stress-inducing issues, as it is not unreasonable to believe she is likely under a fair amount of stress. I hope her medical team keeps an open mind and checks this out this avenue! [ ]
:D So you are advocating Scotch for Aubrey back issues? Single malt or double malt?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not sure how I slipped a disk, just was in a world of pain. I ruptured a disk when I bent over to pick up the laundry basket. Had to wait a month for the surgery. Both of these happened within a year of each other. I broke my back when my zero turn lawn mower flipped over on top of me when I ignored almost every warning sticker on the machine. :)
I can remember driving my mower on a slope that was decidedly too steep for it and leaning into the slope to kind of become a human Outrigger. I knew it was a decidedly bad idea at the time, but what the heck grass has got to get mowed right? I was fortunate not to be in the same situation as you. It was close a few times.

CL82

Reaction Score
You are correct about the laundry basket, I didn't read the stickers. As far as the lawn mower, I read them all but chose to ignore them. My back still bothers me mostly due to old age, cold weather and having to lift small bales of hay to bring to the animals daily. My back does have two titanium rods attached to my back bone with six screws. Made it all better.
My new mental image of Centerstream:

x-men wolverine GIF

Reaction Score
Had a similar experience. I removed that mattress warning tag and later that night wet the bed!

sun

Reaction Score
I had never heard the term core muscle injury until Randall Cobb recently needed surgery for it.
But looking up info. about core muscle injuries, it seems that there are all kinds of different muscles that can affect the back.
I can't help but wonder if she hurt or strained some of her core muscles while exercising or practicing while preparing for the season.
Does anyone have any info. about how it may have happened?

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I can remember driving my mower on a slope that was decidedly too steep for it and leaning into the slope to kind of become a human Outrigger. I knew it was a decidedly bad idea at the time, but what the heck grass has got to get mowed right? I was fortunate not to be in the same situation as you. It was close a few times.
You are describing what happened to me...I was going up and down the steep slope. The front wheels actually left the ground a little on the trip up the slope right before my last trip trying to go back up. Didn't help that I didn't see the small drainage ditch I was crossing at the same moment.

Jeez, after reviewing my posts, it sure sounds like I am a dumb sh... :eek:

CL82

Reaction Score
You are describing what happened to me...I was going up and down the steep slope. The front wheels actually left the ground a little on the trip up the slope right before my last trip trying to go back up. Didn't help that I didn't see the small drainage ditch I was crossing at the same moment.

Jeez, after reviewing my posts, it sure sounds like I am a dumb sh... :eek:
It happens. For me in order to avoid the wheelie phenomena, I drove across the slope, but leaning up in into it. It was dumb. I felt like I could manage it, but you always can until you can’t.

Reaction Score

I have several friends who were back pain sufferers and were "cured" by reading Sarno's book after listening to Stern..........my cousin who was quite the skeptic called Sarno to discuss his ongoing back issues....,.....after asking like 50 questions Sarno said my cousin was so suspicious/negative that it would never work for him.......... 30 years later my cousin just had another pain killing shot in his back to no prevail while these guys are still perfectly fine

Reaction Score
Back issues are no joke, it ended David Wright's career. I wouldn't mind seeing her take the season off and recover but this sounds really concerning and serious. Some unfortunately have to medically retire cause their back just can't play competitive sports anymore.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom