Aubrey Update “doesn’t look good right now” | The Boneyard

Aubrey Update “doesn’t look good right now”

Reaction Score
I'd rather be in Paige's shoes than Aubrey's. Some of our body parts can be repaired or replaced with good success - knees, hips, and shoulders come to mind. Back problems are a crap shoot that can present bad alternatives in seeking relief. Hopefully PT and time will do the trick for her.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Poor kid. Not knowing what the issue is must be a big concern for her and her family.

I'm hoping the "doesn't look good" tweet has more to do with "unsure of the time table for healing" as opposed to "she will never heal"... Wishing her the best!!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I'd rather be in Paige's shoes than Aubrey's. Some of our body parts can be repaired or replaced with good success - knees, hips, and shoulders come to mind. Back problems are a crap shoot that can present bad alternatives in seeking relief. Hopefully PT and time will do the trick for her.
Yes back issues can be a crap shoot. I have had 3 surgeries, ruptured disc, slipped disc and to repair a broken back.

Reaction Score
That's really disappointing- we all want to see her back in the game and playing! She brings energy and great athleticism, and I wanted to see her show off some new offensive skills. Hopefully, she'll be playing soon

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
What else can go wrong this season. I’m almost afraid to ask. :confused:

Reaction Score
Feel badly for Aubrey. Like others have stated, wishing for the best for Aubrey and hoping that the team of medical doctors can figure out what is wrong and figure out a way to help her get answers so that she can get better.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Lawdy Miss Clawdy that's bad news and I feel awful for her and the team.

Reaction Score
From 14 to eight players. I wonder if there is a minimum number to dress without having to forfeit a game?

Reaction Score
Any day that ANYONE can avoid BACK SURGERY is a GOOD DAY.
I consider "back surgery" the ultimate crap shoot. Try to
keep things in their " natural state" and exhaust all the
alternatives. ( not that Aubrey NEEDS back surgery, but
I 'm never one to see a " back problem " w/o surgery as
worse than " needing " surgery ( i.;e. Paige ). IMO

Reaction Score
Maybe Geno can bring the girls to visit Lourdes... Sometimes the miracles happens!!! Good luck to our girls
Forza Uconn

Reaction Score
From the first time I saw Aubrey, I thought that when she came off the bench and into a game, it was like Geno dropped a bomb on the court.
Three words describe her game
Athleticism
Relentless
Impact
Please let her find relief from her back issues.
For her sake and the team's.

Reaction Score
So let's total it up:

Left team and WCBB

Ana Makurat- decided to leave the team at the end of the season to play professionally in Europe.
Megan Walker left early to play in the WNBA

College Transfers

Mir McLean
Sailor Poffenbarger

Injuries

Paige
Azzi
Nika Muhl
Aubrey Griffin
(Poffenbarger was also dealing with a long-term back injury when she decided to transfer)

So eight athletes available. But two of those players have undergone surgery:

Piath Gabriel was "restricted" in workouts during the summer due to rehab from surgery. Unknown whether that surgery and possibly continued rehab have any impact on her limited playing time this season. Also was mentioned as having some sort of academic issue.
Evina Westbrook has undergone two knee surgeries, and was supposed to be limited in minutes per game. this season.

So that leaves six players on the roster who are healthy and without surgery issues:

Edwards
Williams
Ducharmes
ONO
DeBerry
Juhasz

It leaves six players whom Coach Geno actually plays. Gabriel has been given no indication that she will get meaningful playing time anytime soon. DeBerry has been given a few minutes recently, but clearly is not yet trusted to play meaningful minutes, though that could change, given Coach Geno's recent favorable post-game remarks.

So the players who actually play, and can be expected to play almost all of the minutes are:

Edwards
Williams
Westbrook
Ducharmes
ONO
Juhasz

Can't recall any Connecticut team's having experienced such a tidal wave of early entry to the pros, transfers, and injuries. We've had weak benches before, but usually because of a lack of bench talent, not a lack of healthy bodies.

Reaction Score
I'd guess five...............;)

I looked this up yesterday and at least in the NBA, you have to dress 8 to start a game. It is not clear to me if you can continue to play with 4 or less when people foul out or get injured.

Reaction Score
So let's total it up:

Left team and WCBB

Ana Makurat- decided to leave the team at the end of the season to play professionally in Europe.
Megan Walker left early to play in the WNBA

Piath Gabriel was "restricted" in workouts during the summer due to rehab from surgery. Unknown whether that surgery and possibly continued rehab have any impact on her limited playing time this season. Also was mentioned as having some sort of academic issue.
Evina Westbrook has undergone two knee surgeries, and was supposed to be limited in minutes per game. this season.
While generally I thought your post was accurate I had issues with these 2 sections. You seem to be referring to this season where clearly Megan has nothing to do with it. Last year was her senior year where she left early. Leaving then makes the possibility of a COVID year moot.

Piath was not reported to have an "academic issue". That implies something negative which was not the case. She had an end of term responsibility that required her presence. Could have been a required lab or oral presentation etc.

Reaction Score
While generally I thought your post was accurate I had issues with these 2 sections. You seem to be referring to this season where clearly Megan has nothing to do with it. Last year was her senior year where she left early. Leaving then makes the possibility of a COVID year moot.

Piath was not reported to have an "academic issue". That implies something negative which was not the case. She had an end of term responsibility that required her presence. Could have been a required lab or oral presentation etc.
I chalked it up to nothing more than Geno being honest with Piath about staying home to take care of the academic side of things versus traveling with the team on the off chance she could play the last 90 seconds of the game. Basically it could be the same thing he said to Pulido: "what's more important finishing your labs or a night in Tulsa?"

Reaction Score
I chalked it up to nothing more than Geno being honest with Piath about staying home to take care of the academic side of things versus traveling with the team on the off chance she could play the last 90 seconds of the game. Basically it could be the same thing he said to Pulido: "what's more important finishing your labs or a night in Tulsa?"
He did that a few times for Molly Bent

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom