Any Updates on Wilson? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Any Updates on Wilson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Where did she play when she played with MoJeff Stewie and Tuck? BTW who was the coach of that team?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
That was over a year ago and before the USA team where she didn't sniff the back court.

Katie Meier obviously didn't comprehend the ESPN article very well.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
You don't think geno would make that kind of concession if it meant getting the caliber of player aja is?

Your post shows how little you know about Geno or the UConn program.

Reaction Score
I think he's not comprehending Wilson very well.
well I think you are right.......my thinking ...and I hope not...she will go Tenn..there she will not sit on the bench,probably be a starter..Geno says if you don't score in practice,u sit..he did it to shay one whole half.. SC doesn't need her,,sure we do,but why is she waiting to the last moment to chose

Last edited by a moderator:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Interesting comment. I'm happy to see who's running the team. What if the coach thinks that the team is better off with A'ja at the 4 ?
If you know anything about Dawn Staley, you know that she runs the team and is tough as nails. Next season, we will have Elem Ibiam, Alaina Coates, Aleighsa Welch and Jatarie White sharing the time at the 4 and 5 spots. A'ja will fit on the team much better in the 3 spot. We also have Asia Dozier at the 3 and next season, Tiffany Mitchell, Kaydra Duckett, Tina Roy and Doniyah Cliney at the 2 and Kadijhah Sessions, Bianca Cuevas, Olivia Gaines and Tiffany Davis at PG. The best place for A'ja to contribute will be at the 3 with maybe occasional action at the 4.

Reaction Score
Geno, like every other coach who is recruiting her, will certainly respect her playing wishes if it means getting her on campus

Geno doesn't guarantee playing time and sure as hell wont play a player out of position because they want to.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I think she'd be a great stretch 4, just like Maya was at UConn and Stewart is now. Staley may have to play her on the wing because Jatarie White has said she doesn't want to play the 5.

If Wilson chooses SC and wants the ball, she may have to play point guard. Cuevas may not pass her the ball.
Can you imagine a 6'5" PG in WBB? That would remind me of Magic Johnson. Can any of you think of a female point guard with that kind of height? That said, A'ja isn't going to be a point guard.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Geno doesn't guarantee playing time and sure as hell wont play a player out of position because they want to.
I don't think Geno would have to; I really think A'ja's best fit is as a 3.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
If you know anything about Dawn Staley, you know that she runs the team and is tough as nails. Next season, we will have Elem Ibiam, Alaina Coates, Aleighsa Welch and Jatarie White sharing the time at the 4 and 5 spots. A'ja will fit on the team much better in the 3 spot. We also have Asia Dozier at the 3 and next season, Tiffany Mitchell, Kaydra Duckett, Tina Roy and Doniyah Cliney at the 2 and Kadijhah Sessions, Bianca Cuevas, Olivia Gaines and Tiffany Davis at PG. The best place for A'ja to contribute will be at the 3 with maybe occasional action at the 4.

That's a lot of players to keep happy.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
That's a lot of players to keep happy.
True, but even this season, a lot of them don't get a lot of minutes. Some of those players will get fewer minutes next season.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Your post shows how little you know about Geno or the UConn program.

I know quite about Geno and the Uconn program since Tennessee first played them in 1995. I was watching Lady Vol basketball before Geno and Uconn was a blip on Tennessee's radar. If you have some kind of insider info on how Geno recruits his players then I'd love to know..Bottom line is we don't know what he has told Aja or what promises he has made to her or not made to her

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Actually I know quite a bit. I was watching Tennessee lady vol baskem

I know quite about Geno and the Uconn program since Tennessee first played them in 1995. I was watching Lady Vol basketball before Geno and Uconn was a blip on Tennessee's radar. If you have some kind of insider info on how Geno recruits his players then I'd love to know..Bottom line is we don't know what he has told Aja or what promises he has made to her or not made to her
You really are clueless here.

It's common knowledge he doesn't promise playing time and you can be sure he will play a player where he wants.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
You really are clueless here.

It's common knowledge he doesn't promise playing time and you can be sure he will play a player where he wants.

I never said anything about playing time?? If Aja wants to play guard, I'm sure Geno can fit her into that spot very easily..

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Where did she play when she played with MoJeff Stewie and Tuck? BTW who was the coach of that team?
Wasn't that the female Miami or Florida coach??? She raved about Morgan Tuck.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
^Neither Geno nor Dawn will be dictated to by players, but I think A'ja's most natural spot is the 3 and she would also help the Gamecocks the most at the 3.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

You guys should be super excited about your team. Coates and Ibian are the real deal. If Wilson chooses USC you will be an immediate title contender if she is all that she is advertised to be.

Welch is one of my favorite players to watch. She is just a tremendous athlete with a beautiful shot.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
^Neither Geno nor Dawn will be dictated to by a players, but I think A'ja's most natural spot is the 3 and she would also help the Gamecocks the most at the 3.

I don't think she would be dictating where she would play, but she does know where SHE wants to play and like you said, the three spot is where she is most comfortable at..That South Carolina team would be unreal if they did happen to land Aja, and I think they will without a doubt..

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
You guys should be super excited about your team. Coates and Ibian are the real deal. If Wilson chooses USC you will be an immediate title contender if she is all that she is advertised to be.

Welch is one of my favorite players to watch. She is just a tremendous athlete with a beautiful shot.

South Carolina could be lining themselves up to be the next dominate and elite women's basketball team..

Reaction Score
South Carolina could be lining themselves up to be the next dominate and elite women's basketball team..
You mean if Geno and Chris decided to retire? As long as Geno is coaching, it's gonna be tough to win anything unless of course you are on his team.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

We certainly are. I really expected us to take a little step back this season because we lost several starters and had a young team. I didn't expect to win the SEC this year, that's for sure. I thought it would be next year before we would win the SEC. Even if A'ja doesn't come to USC, Dawn has done an outstanding job building a team and I can't wait to play you guys next season. My season tickets are about 4 rows behind the scorer's table on the visitors' end, so I get to see all of the visiting coaches up close. The last time we played UCONN in Columbia, I didn't yet have that location, so I didn't get to see Geno up close. I will next year or the year after, depending on which year our match is in Columbia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom