Any Updates on Wilson? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Any Updates on Wilson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
How does Wilson give South Carolina a consistent perimeter threat? Wilson made all of 4 3pt shots this year and shot 25% from beyond the arc.

Directly from a full court.com article "From the perimeter, Wilson is a big-time scorer, with the ability to operate from all areas." Article also states that "Her three-point shooting is showing continual improvement and her mechanics are smooth and technically sound." She isn't being recruited by sc play the 4 or 5, and she has made it clear that she prefers the guard position

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Directly from a full court.com article "From the perimeter, Wilson is a big-time scorer, with the ability to operate from all areas." Article also states that "Her three-point shooting is showing continual improvement and her mechanics are smooth and technically sound." She isn't being recruited by sc play the 4 or 5, and she has made it clear that she prefers the guard position
She is not playing guard anywhere.

Reaction Score

There is no way she plays the 3 anywhere she goes.

Reaction Score
She will play the 3 at South Carolina; A'ja prefers it.
Interesting comment. I'm happy to see who's running the team. What if the coach thinks that the team is better off with A'ja at the 4 ?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The OP asked for news or sentiment. My sentiment is that we are witnessing a UConn team that, though wracked with injuries, has put a major hurt on all top ten foes with the guts to schedule them. We are blessed with a team that is about to embark on what could be a WCBB historic championship run. In that context I am more than happy to wait out what some apparently treat like the birth of their first born - and I should add here much less so than on some teams' boards.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
She is not playing guard anywhere.
You don't think she can play the three spot? Can Stewie play the three?
Aja is probably as quick as KML?

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Ok- that's the difference- she ends up the 6'4-5" "small" forward no matter where she goes. So Car has a team that is built for her with cur players and commits like we do.

Reaction Score
Why wouldn't she?

Because she is not a good enough ball handler or good enough perimeter shooter and a very very good rebounder, shot blocker, and post player. Why would you ever not put her in a position to use the best parts of her game.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Because she is not a good enough ball handler or good enough perimeter shooter and a very very good rebounder, shot blocker, and post player. Why would you ever not put her in a position to use the best parts of her game.
I believe she will end up being much more of a three than a four or five offensively- from everything I saw this summer and have read about her. She will be more of a KML and Stewie or EDD offensively I believe. I don't think she will be the 1 or 2 guard.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I'm surprised UConn has made her final 4 because there's no way she'd play guard at UConn.

She is not a guard and won't play guard in college, in the pros or for USA Basketball.
You don't think she can be a three. Heck - she is probably a potential 2 guard. She will end up an EDD, Stewie- small forward 3 offensively that will be another match up nightmare.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score

Aja is the type of elite player that can pretty much choose what position she wants to play....

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
That was over a year ago and before the USA team where she didn't sniff the back court.

I'm sure she understands she won't be a guard in college, even of some fans don't.

Your obviously not comprehending the article very well

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
You don't think she can be a three. Heck - she is probably a potential 2 guard. She will end up an EDD, Stewie- small forward 3 offensively that will be another match up nightmare.
Agreed

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
I'm surprised UConn has made her final 4 because there's no way she'd play guard at UConn.

She is not a guard and won't play guard in college, in the pros or for USA Basketball.

Geno, like every other coach who is recruiting her, will certainly respect her playing wishes if it means getting her on campus

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

I think she'd be a great stretch 4, just like Maya was at UConn and Stewart is now. Staley may have to play her on the wing because Jatarie White has said she doesn't want to play the 5.

If Wilson chooses SC and wants the ball, she may have to play point guard. Cuevas may not pass her the ball.

Reaction Score
Geno, like every other coach who is recruiting her, will certainly respect her playing wishes if it means getting her on campus
no Geno doesn't do that,he tells it like it is

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

You obviously do not comprehend Geno very well.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
I think she'd be a great stretch 4, just like Maya was at UConn and Stewart is now. Staley may have to play her on the wing because Jatarie White has said she doesn't want to play the 5.

If Wilson chooses SC and wants the ball, she may have to play point guard. Cuevas may not pass her the ball.

Well sc will have coates and ibiam for the 5...White should have the 4 all to herself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom