Aneesah Morrow to LSU (merged) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Aneesah Morrow to LSU (merged)

LSUAlum96

Loooooong Time Lady Tigers Fan
Reaction Score
I think Kim will now be very competitive (much like Baylor) until she hangs it up now that she has things rolling and is getting more settled. Her hardest job was selling an unproven program in a state that isn't exactly a hot bed for talent. We knew LSU could do well as a women's program as it has been before under Pokey Chatman and Gunter.

But not enough can be said about Kim's first team she inherited. Pointer, Aifuwa, Cherry, Newby, Trasi won't get talked about much but their hard work and dedication pretty much helped create all of this. The season they had put Kim in a position to land Reese, Ladazhia and the others last offseason. They accelerated the timeline for Kim with what they did year one and the excitement they generated in Baton Rouge. That legacy may not have a national title next to their names but probably one of the most important group of seniors LSU has ever had. I also think that group is incredibly proud to be apart of that legacy. Pointer, Newby, Cherry and Aifuwa all were at the final four (with lots of other LSU alumni) cheering them on hard
I couldn't agree with you more. Not enough credit is given to that senior class from 2022, especially Kaylah Pointer.......................who I think is the best point guard that has played at LSU since Temeka Johnson. But, for sure that team helped to "prime the pump" for what we're seeing now, in terms of LSU recruiting.

Reaction Score
Really. Somehow, I dont think that will be the case. LSU still has to guard Cardoza, Johnson, Hall and the host of other talented players on that South Carolina Squad. The SEC will not be easy for any team and especailly one that is trying to mesh big egos that have not played together before. I will mark this tweet for later discussion.
I don't get posts like these. No one is saying LSU is going to breeze through the SEC. SEC is actually a bit tougher than most want to give credit for and its gotten stronger IMO from portal additions throughout the conference as a whole. LSU despite winning a national title is still in the process of rebuilding the program. They lacked overall talent and quality depth last season but now LSU is adding too much talent from adding just two transfers? Did anyone not watch LSU almost burn out midseason because they had no bench?

The ego argument is beyond tiring. There is only one ego in the room that matters and that only. These same players know exactly what they are signing up for.

Reaction Score
Mulkey building Baylor up from the ground up was crazy impressive and winning a title in just year 5. That program at the time was built on the back of HS recruiting and taking a program with not much of a WBB background and turning it into a well oiled machine.

LSU, she has the luxury of being at a big state school with lots of resources, the transfer portal and being in the SEC. But doing it in 2 years is crazy impressive regardless. Its hard enough to just win one title, it takes a lot to go right and get one, so doing it at 2 separate schools is a unique accomplishment for sure.
Mulkey built Baylor from the ground up in the 2000s. From what I can tell because it was before I was alive, the 80s were much different than the 2000s.

Reaction Score
Not surprised by Morrow's move.

Now, can three alpha players corral their egos to make it work. Maybe or maybe not. It will be interesting to say the least.

BTW - just because you have "the most" talent does not mean you win it all.
In fairness, you don't know how things will work out next season. Van Lith and Morrow are 180 degrees from Williams and Morris in just about every respect. Van Lith and Morrow are experienced players and were the center of attention on their previous teams. I don't think either will take a back seat to Reese.
Kim made it clear after the national championship game that she’s not afraid of difficult players with attitude and in fact welcomes them
So that’s probably true but she will be sorely tested next season

Hang on. Next season is going to be a wild and bumpy ride .
It may be that the women’s game is going to be wilder and woolier
than the same old same old blue bloods in the men’s game and attract a new audience.
So maybe Kim is “good for the game “
One thing that is clear is that many of us underestimated her

Reaction Score
IMHO, I would not trade Aubrey for Hailey Van Lith and Morrow combined. A confident Griffen cannot be stopped. She is a whirling dervish of rebounds, steals, fastbreaks and jump shots. As excited as I am for Paige to be back, I also am to see Aubrey!
I like your optimistic attitude but there are not even a handful outside Storrs that share your belief.

Reaction Score
If you think that then you haven’t been on tBY long enough. When our #1 2019 class committed people literally took guesses (including some people in this thread) on how many would transfer because “there’s only one basketball”.

They’re not being treated differently. Welcome to being talked about. Lol
That was more than 5 years ago lol. So you should understand what I mean. Which is why im surprised that a lot of Uconn and South Carolina fans are the ones saying “there’s only one basketball” when yall know first hand 1.) Injuries happen, 2.) freshman aren’t always ready year 1. I’ve been a UConn fan much longer than I’ve been following LSU womens basketball. So I understand teams with large amounts of talent. Which is why I think LSU will be fine because Kim Mulkey is used to teams like this. I just think how quickly she’s getting buy in from transfers and recruits is surprising a lot of people. Even with these transfers, UConn and South Carolina still has more 5 stars than LSU. And both have just as many chemistry concerns.

The way LSU has allowed their athletes to be themselves and grow their platform has been seen somewhat negative to some people and they’re creating this notion that these players are selfish and won’t be able to play together. When maybe these transfers are seeing that LSU will give them the platform to not only excel at basketball, but also give them opportunities outside of basketball. And I think we should be celebrating these athletes not trying to put them down. UConn has their way off doing things and I love it. So does South Carolina. Its showing that the ways to succeed in womens college basketball are growing and that will only bring more attention to our game.

Reaction Score
Certainly LSU will be loaded, but we only have to look back...about a month ago to a loaded South Carolina team that came up short of winning the Tourney this year. Repeating as Champs is TOUGH. Hasn't been done since UConn completed a fourpeat in 2016.
Wow! Talk about a stacked deck!

Reaction Score
I like the potential Match Up with Aneesah Morrow vs ICE Brady! GO ICE! GO Huskies!
Great enthusiasm but...

AM is a proven All-American and Ice still has not played any NCAA WBB.

Let Ice be herself and give her the chance to get her feet before we start match-ups against All-Americans.

Reaction Score
I'm referring to her self-promoting posts. She's definitely a skilled player, but now it's time to walk the walk.

Compared to the volume from other players well before they even make it to the NCAA, what she put out is minor.

Reaction Score
recruiting is becoming obsolete. just win a championship, and watch the portal players come your way to finish their careers pre wnba :)

Reaction Score
Good for LSU. We've seen in the NBA that stacking a team with superstars hasn't always translated to a championship or a harmonious pairing. We'll see how it plays out in the WNBA this season with Las Vegas and New York.

Talent is the calling card, but the ability to fit in is a more prized possession. With all due respect to Reese, Van Lith and Morrow, I am content with a healthy Buckers, Fudd and Edwards to counter them, as well as UCLA, Tennessee and other program looking to capitalize in the current landscape.
TN is the odd man out in the SEC. Two superstar coaches are now the star attractions in the conference. TN has zero freshman or sophomores and now probably little chance at a top 2 finish in conference. They may even fall further down if Harper can't recruit big-time talent. The portal can only supply so much talent.

Reaction Score
Compared to the volume from other players well before they even make it to the NCAA, what she put out is minor.
Some football players view a touchdown as being 6 points closer to winning a game, others view it as a chance to perform a celebratory antic they've been rehearsing for weeks. I'm more of the, "Act like you've been there before" mindset. Not saying there's anything wrong with the other way, but just not my choice. We can agree to disagree.

Reaction Score
TN is the odd man out in the SEC. Two superstar coaches are now the star attractions in the conference. TN has zero freshman or sophomores and now probably little chance at a top 2 finish in conference. They may even fall further down if Harper can't recruit big-time talent. The portal can only supply so much talent.
Coach Yo has over taken coach harper imo

Reaction Score
That was more than 5 years ago lol. So you should understand what I mean. Which is why im surprised that a lot of Uconn and South Carolina fans are the ones saying “there’s only one basketball” when yall know first hand 1.) Injuries happen, 2.) freshman aren’t always ready year 1. I’ve been a UConn fan much longer than I’ve been following LSU womens basketball. So I understand teams with large amounts of talent. Which is why I think LSU will be fine because Kim Mulkey is used to teams like this. I just think how quickly she’s getting buy in from transfers and recruits is surprising a lot of people. Even with these transfers, UConn and South Carolina still has more 5 stars than LSU. And both have just as many chemistry concerns.

The way LSU has allowed their athletes to be themselves and grow their platform has been seen somewhat negative to some people and they’re creating this notion that these players are selfish and won’t be able to play together. When maybe these transfers are seeing that LSU will give them the platform to not only excel at basketball, but also give them opportunities outside of basketball. And I think we should be celebrating these athletes not trying to put them down. UConn has their way off doing things and I love it. So does South Carolina. Its showing that the ways to succeed in womens college basketball are growing and that will only bring more attention to our game.
It’s not about being selfish or not, at least to me. It’s about how many shots these players need to be effective. None of them are especially efficient, with Hailey Van Lith and Morrow being prolifically inefficient in fact. How do three high volume inefficient players play together? Do they become more efficient if they lower their volume? Maybe but also not s given. If you do have aspirations of big NIL deals or the WNBA how do you feel about those chances when you go from the top option to maybe 4th or 5th?

Morrow shot over 800 shots last year, the most in division 1 and Hailey Van Lith 600 for 6th. Neither shot particularly well either. Wondering how they’ll play well with Reese who shot over 500 is a fair question.

Reaction Score
Never see the floor at UConn? She is the nations leading scorer. She starts at UConn upfront with Edwards. Many people would say she is better than Edwards (I think they are close, and most UConn fans are probably going nuts at the suggestion they are close).

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that she was not a fluke but I think some here are just wondering how the scoring and rebounding are going to be spread around. For instance, Reese and Morrow are double double machines, and 20+ scorers per game, so will that continue? If not, will both be happy? The team may still score 80+ and grab 30+ boards, but they both might not equal what they are use to. As far as scoring goes, add the other three to the mix and see what happens.
BUT, it's a GREAT predicament for LSU to be in!! (And I do not like Kim and LSU at all.)
It's more important to win, if you want to play at the next level you need to show you can play team ball.
That's why so many Uconn players stick in the WNBA, they learn that you need to fit in the framework of the team.

Reaction Score
Dorka was two seasons ago and Lou was suppose to be coming off the bench. Van Lith and Morrow doubt they will come off bench.
Geno said after the first practice with Lou, he wondered who was coming off the bench.
Lou was that good.

Reaction Score
The scary thing about LSU is even with all these transfers, the best player on the team will be a freshman. Mikaylah Williams is the real deal.

She's really good, but how well she mesh with the other Tigerettes?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom