Aneesah Morrow to LSU (merged) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Aneesah Morrow to LSU (merged)

Reaction Score
Our first NIL "Super-Team"
Yes, also our first " best money can buy" team. I would like to know the total spent of so called NIL funds for Hailey Van Lith, Morrow and Reese.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Kim’s loading up!!
Wow….what a surprise. That’s why Kim was dancing with Aneesah. She probably had just told her she was coming.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Last season everything fell into place for LSU, including a nice run during the Big Dance and Iowa’s upset win over SC in the semifinals, giving the Tigers a dominant matchup against the Hawkeyes in the finals, rather than a return matchup with a SC team that beat them by 24 pts in the regular season.

On paper, LSU will be loaded this coming season. Of course, the games still have to be played, and I think there are going to be a couple of teams, including the Huskies, that will give LSU a run for their money. It’s going to be an interesting season.
One thing is for sure. LSU is not going to sneak up on anyone, and no one will take them lightly or for granted. I said Kim knows how to close a deal. I read a tweet that said LSU wined and dined Morrow like she was a head of state.

Reaction Score
I don’t know, is it just me or is everyone getting worried or nervous about all these transfers going to all the big name schools. As a UConn fan I always get nervous with all these transfers and UConn has none. I know that we probably don’t need any and we will probably one of the best if not the best but still
I'm not worried by the increased number of transfers but I am concerned by the increased impact of the NIL money being thrown around by the big football schools to entice recruits............when money takes precedence over the quality of the basketball program that can't be a good thing for UConn, many other traditionally strong basketball programs or WBB......

Reaction Score
Yeah Flaujae and Sa'Myah Smith getting major minutes year one will benefit them significantly going into year 2.

Plus I think Poole got more comfortable in her role as a defender and as a distributor as the season went along.
I like what I saw from Poa at times too

Reaction Score
All is well for now in Mulkeyville. Interesting situation developing down in the Bayou.

Reaction Score
But they did. What’s your point?
The sheer audacity of someone indulging in a sports hypothetical and rooting against an unlikeable coach. The sheer audacity.

Reaction Score
One thing is for sure. LSU is not going to sneak up on anyone, and no one will take them lightly or for granted. I said Kim knows how to close a deal. I read a tweet that said LSU wined and dined Morrow like she was a head of state.
Maybe Coach Mulkey learned that from Coach Staley. It was quite effective in landing Aliyah Boston.

Reaction Score
Kim has indeed assembled a super team! However, assuming we can get everyone fully healthy, our roster doesn’t need to take a back seat to anyone! Number 12 may have gotten a little more difficult but we still have the horses to get it.
I wonder how Dawn is taking this power shift in her conference? I’m guessing she is feeling two emotions primarily; rage with a side of anticipation!:rolleyes: Kim better bring it when LSU plays SC! Something tells me Dawn will have her team literally breathing fire! Hopefully they’ll wear themselves out against each other.:p Buckle up! Next season is gonna be a doozy!

Reaction Score
Reese and her mom didn’t like her playing center at Maryland.

Which I find ridiculous. Her ball-handling is average to below-average and she still doesn’t have a solid jumper. She should live in the paint.

Reaction Score
Reese and her mom didn’t like her playing center at Maryland.
Honest question, how true is this really? I hear a lot of things spewed about players when they do transfer and the players end up the opposite of what everyone thought or speculate about them.

Idk the dynamic between Reese and Brenda so its not fair for me to speculate that. I think Reese wanted more freedom handling the ball (like taking it up the court). She spent most of her time in the paint last season so I fail to see how adding Morrow would make anything different. Besides, if Reese wants to spend more time outside she needs to develop a consistent permimeter jumper. I think Morrow will compliment Reese well inside as she has more range. The only knock is 6'3 and 6'1 is a bit smaller of a post group by Mulkey standards but Morrow rebounds incredibly well for her size. You also have 6'2 (Smith) and 6'6 (Rosario) coming off the bench

Reaction Score
In addition to your good points, they were also fortunate from the injury standpoint, as I believe out of their top 8 players they only had two missed games. The normal over/under on games missed in the rotation for most teams would be much higher. But you are right, on paper they will be loaded.
A little unknown fact….the SC class of Boston, Cooke, Amihere, and Beal did not miss ONE game during their entire career at SC due to injury. A couple of them missed some time with Covid.

Reaction Score
We will hear it again till March ….just like how South Carolina was unbeatable….greatest this greatest that…..now it will repeated with LSU….title is in the bag ….repeat Championship etc etc
Again….be careful what you wish for….
Still like our chances if we are healthy….Paige is the X Factor….in my opinion better than Clark

Reaction Score
Kim has indeed assembled a super team! However, assuming we can get everyone fully healthy, our roster doesn’t need to take a back seat to anyone! Number 12 may have gotten a little more difficult but we still have the horses to get it.
I wonder how Dawn is taking this power shift in her conference? I’m guessing she is feeling two emotions primarily; rage with a side of anticipation!:rolleyes: Kim better bring it when LSU plays SC! Something tells me Dawn will have her team literally breathing fire! Hopefully they’ll wear themselves out against each other.:p Buckle up! Next season is gonna be a doozy!
The SEC will be insane next year. SC will be good. They addressed their needs with the 2 transfers. The game next year will be at LSU so that’s not good for us but it will be fun. We ALREADY have our hotel reservation in Greenville for the SEC tournament.

Reaction Score
Maybe their opinion on positions has changed, but Angel has long compared herself to point forwards or bigs with range (KD, Giannis, A'Ja). And these were from Angel's mom right around when she was leaving Maryland. I imagine Angel probably appreciated going to a school with someone like LaDazhia Williams in the paint. When she looked at SC, I don't think she saw herself as a 5 with Boston already there.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 5.33.21 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 5.33.21 PM.png
    196.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Last season everything fell into place for LSU, including a nice run during the Big Dance and Iowa’s upset win over SC in the semifinals, giving the Tigers a dominant matchup against the Hawkeyes in the finals, rather than a return matchup with a SC team that beat them by 24 pts in the regular season.

On paper, LSU will be loaded this coming season. Of course, the games still have to be played, and I think there are going to be a couple of teams, including the Huskies, that will give LSU a run for their money. It’s going to be an interesting season.
@oldude, I agree with your statement above, but I still believe the Gamecocks will peck the Tigers’ skin deep during the games. And although Aliyah Boston and company have graduated, the current roster is filled with talented players. They are the reigning SEC champs, and Dawn Staley intends on keeping it that way.
Anyway, I‘m a UConn fan and won’t worry about the SEC and all its happenings too much. But from my viewpoint, peering over the big SEC fence every once in a while may be both exciting and interesting!

Reaction Score
What is most interesting to me about transfers to
LSU is that the the sec football mentality may have
Entered wbb. Reports seem to indicate that
NIL money is in great abundance at LSU
Have not heard there is a wbb NIL
collective but I suspect something like it exists
Imho it very possible that WBB has reached the point in the sec that an NIL “arms race” may well
Be underway .
Given the relative lack of money in the wnba
Transfers of top players could be more significant
In WBB than the men’s side
I’m happy that players are able to profit from their
Talent !! Certainly everyone else has
As in all change some will benefit others wont
I suspect in the short term UConn WBB will
Not be negatively affected in recruiting
Kudos to LSU for embracing the “new reality”
Imitation being the highest form of flattery others
Will certainly follow
As a UConn wbb supporter and season ticket holder I’m confident that as WBB changes
UConn will continue to keep its place as one of the
Top programs

Reaction Score
Wow….what a surprise. That’s why Kim was dancing with Aneesah. She probably had just told her she was coming.
My thoughts, exactly. But, all the games still have to be played!

Reaction Score
I think LSU felt the lack of depth from their roster last season. They ended up being national champions, but they were able to get hot at the right time. They now have very talented veterans in Van Lith, Reese, and Morrow, but they also have good depth in Poole, Poa, Johnson, and Smith. Then they add two good freshmen in Williams and Del Rosario. Thats a rotation of 9 players. And if you watched the whole year, sometimes Poole and Poa struggled, but LSU didn’t have anyone else to go to. LSU big 6 should be Van Lith, Williams, Johnson, Reese, Morrow, and Smith. After that Del Rosario still needs to develop and next season will give them the chance. I think this sets LSU up for the long run because Williams, Johnson, Smith, Del Rosario can all compete against/with a very talented team, and then this time next year maybe Reese, van Lith, and Morrow all jump to the draft and they can take over. You can see the goal was not 1 championship, but extend success at LSU for Mulkey. She has built a yearly contender at LSU now.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Good grief! NCAA must bring an antitrust complaint againt LSU. NIL magnet and the trophy helps. Will her OOC schedule still be rich in marshmellows?
You bet!! ;) Remember........if it ain't broke............

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Really? So the accolades she earned while at DePaul were a fluke? C'mon man.
I'm pretty sure that she was not a fluke but I think some here are just wondering how the scoring and rebounding are going to be spread around. For instance, Reese and Morrow are double double machines, and 20+ scorers per game, so will that continue? If not, will both be happy? The team may still score 80+ and grab 30+ boards, but they both might not equal what they are use to. As far as scoring goes, add the other three to the mix and see what happens.
BUT, it's a GREAT predicament for LSU to be in!! (And I do not like Kim and LSU at all.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom