Aneesah Morrow to LSU (merged) | The Boneyard

Aneesah Morrow to LSU (merged)

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
new girl fist bump GIF

Reaction Score
She addressed the chemistry question in the ESPN article. I know many are concerned because Van Lith, Morrow, and Reese can all want the ball in their hands. —I say it’s Reese’s team and the others will fall in line. And despite all the Reese hate; her teammates and recruits/incoming players love her. She’s actually not classless as many would like to think. She’s making people want to play in Baton Rouge which was hard in the Fargas era.

Reaction Score
LSU has the potential to be unstoppable next year. It will be very interesting to see how Kim and the team find their chemistry.

The SEC is going to be fascinating to watch next season.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
She addressed the chemistry question in the ESPN article. I know many are concerned because Van Lith, Morrow, and Reese can all want the ball in their hands. —I say it’s Reese’s team and the others will fall in line. And despite all the Reese hate; her teammates and recruits/incoming players love her. She’s actually not classless as many would like to think. She’s making people want to play in Baton Rouge which was hard in the Fargas era.
In fairness, you don't know how things will work out next season. Van Lith and Morrow are 180 degrees from Williams and Morris in just about every respect. Van Lith and Morrow are experienced players and were the center of attention on their previous teams. I don't think either will take a back seat to Reese.

Reaction Score
Good for her and LSU. Say what you want about Mulkey but the turnaround job she has done is unreal. LSU's setting up to be a title contender for the foreseeable future.
I think Kim will now be very competitive (much like Baylor) until she hangs it up now that she has things rolling and is getting more settled. Her hardest job was selling an unproven program in a state that isn't exactly a hot bed for talent. We knew LSU could do well as a women's program as it has been before under Pokey Chatman and Gunter.

But not enough can be said about Kim's first team she inherited. Pointer, Aifuwa, Cherry, Newby, Trasi won't get talked about much but their hard work and dedication pretty much helped create all of this. The season they had put Kim in a position to land Reese, Ladazhia and the others last offseason. They accelerated the timeline for Kim with what they did year one and the excitement they generated in Baton Rouge. That legacy may not have a national title next to their names but probably one of the most important group of seniors LSU has ever had. I also think that group is incredibly proud to be apart of that legacy. Pointer, Newby, Cherry and Aifuwa all were at the final four (with lots of other LSU alumni) cheering them on hard

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Looking at their lineup, I'm guessing the rotation will now be:

PG-Hailey Van Lith, Grad Student
SG-Mikaylah Williams, Fr
SF-Flaujae Johnson, So
PF-Aneesah Morrow, Jr
C-Angel Reese, Jr

Bench:
Sa'Myah Smith, So
Kateri Poole, So
Last-Tear Poa, Jr
Aaliyah Del-Rosario, Fr
Angelica Velez, Fr

I wouldn't be surprised if Williams comes off the bench in favor of Poole, though most #1 or #2 recruits start from the get go.

Front court rotation is elite with Smith backing up Reese/Morrow. Backcourt also looks solid. This is the #1 team in the country on paper going into next season.

The big question is how all of these players will work together, and who will be content taking on a smaller role (being a screener, rebounder, taking fewer shots, etc). I think every player will go into the year planning to sacrifice for the greater good of the team, but intention is often easier than implementing adjustments. Last year Reese took 15.6 shots per game, Van Lith 16.8, Morrow 24.7. They're all used to being the star, and now a couple of them will relinquish that role. Players putting ego aside and playing unselfish basketball will make or break LSU. Someone (likely Morrow) will need to take pride in being a screener and doing a lot of the little things that aren't as fun or flashy for the betterment of the team. Van Lith will need to take pride in being a passer and getting teammates involved.

Worth noting, this entire roster could return for 2024-25 as well. Even if Reese/Hailey Van Lith go pro, the crop of returning players are elite and should have LSU a top 3 team the following season as well. There will be some massive battles in the SEC between LSU and South Carolina this year and in years to come.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Last season everything fell into place for LSU, including a nice run during the Big Dance and Iowa’s upset win over SC in the semifinals, giving the Tigers a dominant matchup against the Hawkeyes in the finals, rather than a return matchup with a SC team that beat them by 24 pts in the regular season.

On paper, LSU will be loaded this coming season. Of course, the games still have to be played, and I think there are going to be a couple of teams, including the Huskies, that will give LSU a run for their money. It’s going to be an interesting season.

Reaction Score
JMO, no one is unbeatable these days no matter how talented and experienced you are. The UCONN run had with Stewart probably won't ever be replicated again given how much tougher it is to win by the year. More talent, more schools committed to WBB, more parity.

But yes, I'm sure Kim sleeps a little easier at night knowing what she has talent wise. Now its getting the pieces to fit together and find correct combinations

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Auriemma and Staley just spoke by phone. They're both terrified and agreed that they'll both probably just skip the NCAA tournament since they'll have no chance to win it. The panic is real. ;)

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Not surprised by Morrow's move.

Now, can three alpha players corral their egos to make it work. Maybe or maybe not. It will be interesting to say the least.

BTW - just because you have "the most" talent does not mean you win it all.

Reaction Score
In fairness, you don't know how things will work out next season. Van Lith and Morrow are 180 degrees from Williams and Morris in just about every respect. Van Lith and Morrow are experienced players and were the center of attention on their previous teams. I don't think either will take a back seat to Reese.
I think that’s fair. I’m just basing my thoughts off what I’ve seen from the championship press tours and interviews and what I’ve seen in Kim’s coaching. 1)During all these press tours and interviews they’ve received from the championship hype and official recruiting visits, all the players have talked about loving Reese and how she’s mama bear. So I think they look to her to be the undisputed leader. 2) Kim has brought on players that have been big leaders for their previous team and made them fit in her system( Tea Cooper, Dijonai Carrington, Chloe Jackson, Alexis Morris) so I really don’t see an issue there. She has knack for getting players in line so that doesn’t worry me. They’ll get right or they’ll be dismissed (Morris, Hannah Gusters, Honesty Scott-Grayson 3)Van Lith and Morrow should’ve gone elsewhere if they wanted to be the star. They could’ve gone anywhere in the country, yet they chose the champions.

Reaction Score
I think that’s fair. I’m just basing my thoughts off what I’ve seen from the championship press tours and interviews and what I’ve seen in Kim’s coaching. 1)During all these press tours and interviews they’ve received from the championship hype and official recruiting visits, all the players have talked about loving Reese and how she’s mama bear. So I think they look to her to be the undisputed leader. 2) Kim has brought on players that have been big leaders for their previous team and made them fit in her system( Tea Cooper, Dijonai Carrington, Chloe Jackson, Alexis Morris) so I really don’t see an issue there. She has knack for getting players in line so that doesn’t worry me. They’ll get right or they’ll be dismissed (Morris, Hannah Gusters, Honesty Scott-Grayson 3)Van Lith and Morrow should’ve gone elsewhere if they wanted to be the star. They could’ve gone anywhere in the country, yet they chose the champions.
I think Hailey Van Lith will be okay with taking a backseat. I’m not as confident that Morrow will however.

Reaction Score
The first transfer portal super team has arrived. Let’s see how they put the pieces together. On paper, best team in the country. Wish Uconn and LSU could match up in the Cayman Islands.

Reaction Score
Last season everything fell into place for LSU, including a nice run during the Big Dance and Iowa’s upset win over SC in the semifinals, giving the Tigers a dominant matchup against the Hawkeyes in the finals, rather than a return matchup with a SC team that beat them by 24 pts in the regular season.

On paper, LSU will be loaded this coming season. Of course, the games still have to be played, and I think there are going to be a couple of teams, including the Huskies, that will give LSU a run for their money. It’s going to be an interesting season.
In addition to your good points, they were also fortunate from the injury standpoint, as I believe out of their top 8 players they only had two missed games. The normal over/under on games missed in the rotation for most teams would be much higher. But you are right, on paper they will be loaded.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom