And then there were fewer: Sunday in conference tourneys | Page 4 | The Boneyard

And then there were fewer: Sunday in conference tourneys

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
2-4 record since winning @ Florida St. and 8 losses now for the season.

Interesting. So Texas began and ended its season with 2-4 stretches, with an undefeated stretch in the middle.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I would thing Maryland has the inside track for the 2 seed. If MD loses to Purdue then no way.

I don't see Stanford getting a 2 seed unless Maryland loses.

Reaction Score
I would thing Maryland has the inside track for the 2 seed. If MD loses to Purdue then no way.

I don't see Stanford getting a 2 seed unless Maryland loses.

What are Stanford's stats vs Texas?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Chattanooga also going Dancing. Mercer had a potential game winning 3 pointer bounce around and roll off the rim at the buzzer. Heartbreaker!

Heartbreaking indeed.. And they had a lead going into the fourth quarter. Think it's the second year in a row they made the championship game only to lose to The Mocs:(

Also feel bad for New Hampshire. Was like 26-4 and then they lost today in the conference semis Head bangHead bang

Reaction Score
2-4 record since winning @ Florida St. and 8 losses now for the season.

Fla St also finished 2-4 over their last six, starting with the loss to Texas. Both teams had their wheels come off down the stretch.

Interesting that the 4 programs expected to get the 1-seeds are the very 4 predicted at the start of the season: UConn, Baylor, ND, & So Car.

Reaction Score
I think it's down to Maryland and the loser of Oregon St./Stanford.
Even is OSU loses to Stanford, I can't see their reward being placed in UCONN's bracket? OSU will either be in South Carolina's bracket or Baylor's bracket. If Maryland loses this current game vs Purdue, Stanford could get the final #2 seed.

Reaction Score
Stanford beat them head to head at the beginning of the season

And Texas has 8 losses including 4 out of 6 to end the year.

If Maryland and Stanford win their tourneys it would seem both should get a 2 seed over Texas.

Reaction Score
Interesting. So Texas began and ended its season with 2-4 stretches, with an undefeated stretch in the middle.
Texas has been trending the wrong way for quite some time. Why Charlie Creme had them at a #2 seed, even before this loss to West Virginia escapes me.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
If it's several seasons in a row, then yes it does become a factor, but likely not merely last year.

Had there been PAC upsets and Oregon St was a weak #2 then it wouldve been easier for the committee to want to keep SC close to home (and thus put ND out west), but not to be.

Four years ago and three years ago we were also sent out west. It's probably a bigger deal to fans than the team.

Plebe

Reaction Score
WV solidifies their bid.

Texas probably drops down to a #3 seed. I always thought Stanford would get a #2, and this only confirms that belief. This may have opened the door though for MD to get the last 2.

I said at the top of this thread that Tynice Martin was a supserstar in the making. Well, after her 29-point performance today, we can begin to shed that "in the making" qualifier.

Reaction Score
Yeah just checked Stanford's schedule, they are 27-5 and beat Texas head to head. Losses are Oregon St 2 times, at UCLA, at Tennessee, Gonzaga.

I gotta figure it's gonna be:

1 seeds- UConn, Baylor, Notre Dame, South Carolina

2 seeds- (unclear order at this point) Oregon State, Maryland, Mississippi State, Stanford

3 seeds- Duke, Texas, Washington, Florida State

4 seeds- Louisville, UCLA, Kentucky, Depaul or NC State or Miami

Reaction Score
Even is OSU loses to Stanford, I can't see their reward being placed in UCONN's bracket? OSU will either be in South Carolina's bracket or Baylor's bracket. If Maryland loses this current game vs Purdue, Stanford could get the final #2 seed.

And if Maryland wins, who are your #2 seeds? Miss St, Ore St, Md, and ... ?

Reaction Score
We could get Stanford as our 2 seed.

That's my thinking. Then Duke as the #3 and the last host (DePaul?) as the 4.

Remember that every top 4 will have 1 ACC and 1 PAC team. So if Maryland is in UConn's bracket, you guarantee that the #4 seed will be UCLA or Louisville. Those are the stronger 4 seeds. Not sure committee will do that.

Plebe

Reaction Score
What are Stanford's stats vs Texas?

Stanford won the head-to-head, but that was 1 of only 2 wins over the RPI top 25. Texas has 6 top-25 wins.

I think it'll come down to whether Stanford wins this game tonight.

Reaction Score
Brenda at the half- "They are allowing the game to be physical..."

ASweet- Players are barely playing any D or putting bodies on anyone?

Reaction Score

Remember that every top 4 will have 1 ACC and 1 PAC team. So if Maryland is in UConn's bracket, you guarantee that the #4 seed will be UCLA or Louisville. Those are the stronger 4 seeds. Not sure committee will do that.

I would look forward to a Sweet 16 match-up between UConn & UCLA. On paper at least, sounds like a track meet of a game.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I would look forward to a Sweet 16 match-up between UConn & UCLA. On paper at least, sounds like a track meet of a game.
Yes, and UConn would destroy UCLA in the process.

Billings is fun to watch for her athleticism, however.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

They need to send Louisville to Bridgeport. Send Duke to Stockton. Just my opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom