And then there were fewer: Sunday in conference tourneys | Page 3 | The Boneyard

And then there were fewer: Sunday in conference tourneys

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Not that I know about...but what really stinks is that this is all politics over that stupid bathroom bill North Carolina passed and then repealed!

It hasn't been repealed.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
So according to Charlie Creme, this SEC game and the Pac-12 game will combine to determine the final #1 seed:
  • If SC beats MSU, SC is the final #1 seed.
  • If MSU beats SC and Oregon State beats Stanford, OSU is the #1 seed in Stockton.
  • If MSU beats SC and Stanford beats Oregon State, MSU sneaks into that last #1 spot.

Is our reward a trip to Stockton after Sioux Falls last season? I don't know if the NCAA pays attention to what they did the previous season, but if the Gamecocks get sent to the hinterlands again and Kentucky potentially gets their first four games at home, that stinks.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Did MSU just make that comeback in the 1st quarter with both Vivians and William on the bench?

I wasn't watching real close. I know the coach was fired up and he yanked Vivians when it was 14-5. Not sure when she went back in. Score was 29-26 SC at the half.

Baylor is rolling against K State, up 20 at the end of the 3Q.--oops, up 17, just nailed a 3

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Is our reward a trip to Stockton after Sioux Falls last season? I don't know if the NCAA pays attention to what they did the previous season, but if the Gamecocks get sent to the hinterlands again and Kentucky potentially gets their first four games at home, that stinks.

The reasons why SC was sent to Sioux Falls last season were a bit convoluted and unusual.

But when you're the last of the #1 seeds—which SC would be this year—then you get whatever's left over after all the other regional sites have been assigned.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wow. Miss St with a 6-0 run to take a 5-point lead late in 3Q.

Their defense has really bogged down SC in the past few minutes.

Reaction Score
Yes, what if Miss State wins? Does that knock SC out of a #1 seed? Wouldn't want to be the 4th #1 seed with SC in my bracket....Coates's injury could really hurt them....

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yes, what if Miss State wins? Does that knock SC out of a #1 seed? Wouldn't want to be the 4th #1 seed with SC in my bracket....Coates's injury could really hurt them....

According to Creme, it would. But he says that if SC and Oregon St both lose, then Miss St would be the 4th #1 seed, which means SC would have to go elsewhere.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Announcers are gushing about Aja Wilson to the point it's annoying.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Announcers are gushing about Aja Wilson to the point it's annoying.
Well, she is having a great game and she singlehandledly put them back into the lead with that run.

Reaction Score
Is our reward a trip to Stockton after Sioux Falls last season? I don't know if the NCAA pays attention to what they did the previous season

If it's several seasons in a row, then yes it does become a factor, but likely not merely last year.

Had there been PAC upsets and Oregon St was a weak #2 then it wouldve been easier for the committee to want to keep SC close to home (and thus put ND out west), but not to be.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Anyone who doesn't have Aja as 1st team AA (5-person) hasn't been watching the SEC tourney.

I think it's Plum, Collier, KLS, Aja, + 1 other.

This ballgame is over. A'ja Wilson got offensive rebounds on consecutive possessions in the last few minutes to chew up a ton of clock. She completely took over the game in the 4th quarter.

Even in defeat, though, Miss St has earned respect. They had a 5-point lead with 10 minutes to go. What killed them was going 0 for 15 from 3.

And because she takes a lot of criticism, I feel obliged to point out that Kaela Davis played perhaps her best game of the season: 23 points on 9-of-16 shooting (3-of-4 from 3), and 3 assists to boot.

Plebe

Reaction Score
West Virginia is challenging Texas in the Big 12 semifinals. Texas came out to an early 10-point lead, but WV responded with a dominant 2nd quarter and went up 5 at halftime.

Joyner Holmes has 0 points and 3 fouls.
Tynice Martin already has 14 points for WV.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Down goes Texas. That HAS to knock them off the #2 seed line doesn't it?

Reaction Score
Isn't this like the 3rd of 4th loss down the stretch for Texas? Are they still a 2 seed? If Stanford wins shouldn't they get a 2?

Reaction Score
WV solidifies their bid.

Texas probably drops down to a #3 seed. I always thought Stanford would get a #2, and this only confirms that belief. This may have opened the door though for MD to get the last 2.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Down goes Texas. That HAS to knock them off the #2 seed line doesn't it?

I thought they were off the #2 line after losing to Oklahoma and Iowa State. But surely now they are.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Isn't this like the 3rd of 4th loss down the stretch for Texas? Are they still a 2 seed? If Stanford wins shouldn't they get a 2?

2-4 record since winning @ Florida St. and 8 losses now for the season.

Plebe

Reaction Score
WV solidifies their bid.

Texas probably drops down to a #3 seed. I always thought Stanford would get a #2, and this only confirms that belief. This may have opened the door though for MD to get the last 2.

WV's bid was solidified with its blowout win over Oklahoma yesterday. These two wins will give them at least a #8 seed IMO, probably #7.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I thought they were off the #2 line after losing to Oklahoma and Iowa State. But surely now they are.

I would've thought so, but ESPN has been showing them on the 2 line today prior to this game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom