And then there were fewer: Sunday in conference tourneys | Page 6 | The Boneyard

And then there were fewer: Sunday in conference tourneys

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It's probably a good thing that most of the UConn fans have gone to bed. They would have unkind things to say about this.

Yeah. It's hard to defend the Pac 12 when you have a game like this. All 3 games between these two have been exactly like this. It's like a 1-0 pitchers' duel in baseball.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford up 38-36, first lead since 3-2.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Stanford has just completely shut Oregon State down, and is now finding some cracks in the OSU defense. Stanford is up 4, about to shoot free throws, and they've got all the momentum.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yeah a 6 point lead looks insurmountable the way OSU is shooting.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wiese finally hit a 3. She's been trying to take over and not succeeding. Makes me appreciate Plum all the more. This Stanford D that is suffocating OSU she shredded for 44 points.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wiese finally hit a 3. She's been trying to take over and not succeeding. Makes me appreciate Plum all the more. This Stanford D that is suffocating OSU she shredded for 44 points.

Suffocating is right. They are basically doubling her off of every ball screen and she has nowhere to go.

Aside from that one 3 Wiese just got, Stanford's D has really just rendered OSU's offense stagnant.

Reaction Score
Big difference in potential 2 seeds for us.

Maryland can score but plays no D.

Oregon State and Stanford lack scoring but are good with D.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Really iffy charging call against OSU.

On review, flop by Karlie. Game over.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Really iffy charging call against OSU.

On review, flop by Karlie. Game over.

Lol. See my comments from last night!! They have several floppers lead by............

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Lol. See my comments from last night!! They have several floppers lead by..

I don't know why it fools refs so often. It's usually pretty obvious while watching a game. Drives me nuts, ruins the game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
OSU is 10-44 from the field after staring 6-6. Unbelievable.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Big difference in potential 2 seeds for us.

Maryland can score but plays no D.

Oregon State and Stanford lack scoring but are good with D.

With Stanford winning tonight, it opens the door for the committee to make them the #2 seed in Stockton, which is a short drive from the Bay Area.

I think Maryland is much more likely to be sent to Bridgeport than OSU, both for geographic reasons and for S-curve integrity reasons.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
What was Oregon State thinking the last 20 seconds of the game?

sad_beaver_by_nordtimmy-d4y2ahq.jpg

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
What was Oregon State thinking the last 20 seconds of the game?

View attachment 20380

Nobody other than Wiese wanted to shoot, and they couldn't get her a look. It was a terrible possession, and then the not fouling at the other end thing, who knows?

On the bogus offensive foul call against Pivec (flop by Karlie) w/ around 2 minutes left, she passed it to Wiese in the corner and she drilled a 3. That would've TOTALLY changed the game if the ref didn't blow it on that call.

Reaction Score
With Stanford winning tonight, it opens the door for the committee to make them the #2 seed in Stockton, which is a short drive from the Bay Area.

I think Maryland is much more likely to be sent to Bridgeport than OSU, both for geographic reasons and for S-curve integrity reasons.

While I think they all have some severe flaws, I'd think Maryland would beat both OSU/Stanford if they'd play. Of course, because Frese doesn't know how to put together a schedule, we all suffer.

Plebe

Reaction Score
While I think they all have some severe flaws, I'd think Maryland would beat both OSU/Stanford if they'd play. Of course, because Frese doesn't know how to put together a schedule, we all suffer.
I'm not that sure. Maryland's best win was a nail-biter over Louisville, and Stanford and Oregon St are both better than Louisville.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
It's probably a good thing that most of the UConn fans have gone to bed. They would have unkind things to say about this.

Didn't you hear? It only matters when SEC teams can't score 60 points.... when it's the SEC involved, its because nobody knows how to play basketball below the Mason-Dixon... BUT when it's the Pac 12.. its the extraordinary defense. :rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Didn't you hear? It only matters when SEC teams can't score 60 points.... when it's the SEC involved, its because nobody knows how to play basketball below the Mason-Dixon. BUT when it's the Pac 12.. its the extraordinary defense. :rolleyes:
The SEC is not the only whipping boy around here. You must not have noticed all the cuts repeatedly taken at the Pac-12.

If only I had a nickel for every time I've heard:
  • The Pac-12 is overrated.
  • The Pac-12 didn't beat anyone in the OOC.
  • The Pac-12 always underperforms their tournament seeding.
  • The top teams in the Pac-12 only beat up on each other, so they must not be that good.

Plebe

Reaction Score
If only I had a nickel for every time I've heard:
  • The Pac-12 is overrated.
  • The Pac-12 didn't beat anyone in the OOC.
  • The Pac-12 always underperforms their tournament seeding.
  • The top teams in the Pac-12 only beat up on each other, so they must not be that good.

Oh wait: How could I forget this one, just posted on another thread: "They don't pass the eye test!"

That comment doesn't pass my eye-roll test.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom