2024 Recruiting: - Ahmad Nowell OV 6/8 | Page 25 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Ahmad Nowell OV 6/8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's a fair point. It didn't cost him much in 2023. But there will be times in the coming seasons where it will make a difference.

UConn did not have a create and make your own shot option last year. Cole (or perhaps) Martin filled that role prior. Before that Adams was a darn fine finisher at wining time. But last year there wasn't really an alpha dog that demanded the ball at winning time. I don't think this is as much a coaching issue as it is a roster issue. Hopefully, he can find "the guy" in the current bunch.
I think that guy’s name is Cam Spencer.

Reaction Score
And that way he is a perfect match for us, because our last three national championships have all been "lucky" ones or so I hear. Here's the thing, successful people, and the organizations they run, make their own luck.
This last tournament UConn was incredibly lucky to win their tournament games by an average of 21 points.

Reaction Score
I think that guy’s name is Cam Spencer.
Spencer is really good and going to be huge, but I wouldn't really classify him as someone who's gonna get his own shot. Last year 61% of his shots were assisted. As a reference, Cole was at 35% of his shots being assisted his senior year.

Martin isn't a bad comp, his numbers were pretty similar to how Spencer was used last year, 55% overall and majority of his 3's coming off assists. Just not sure I'd really classify those guys as players who could get their own shot. I think of Kemba or Shabazz that at the end of the game you just give them the ball and clear out

Reaction Score
Anyone know his real height???

247 = 6’
ESPN/ON3 = 6’1”
Rivals = 6’2”

Not a huge deal at the college level, but 6’2”(maybe entering college 6’3”) vs 6’ makes a huge difference to his pro prospects. 247 seems like the most reliable source here.

Reaction Score
Spencer is really good and going to be huge, but I wouldn't really classify him as someone who's gonna get his own shot. Last year 61% of his shots were assisted. As a reference, Cole was at 35% of his shots being assisted his senior year.

Martin isn't a bad comp, his numbers were pretty similar to how Spencer was used last year, 55% overall and majority of his 3's coming off assists. Just not sure I'd really classify those guys as players who could get their own shot. I think of Kemba or Shabazz that at the end of the game you just give them the ball and clear out
Probably don’t need Spencer to be that guy anyways, right?

We started to see Newton be that guy at the end of shot clocks to just take over and drive to the hoop to either draw a foul or make a layup. I think with him and Castle out there, we’re going to be able to exploit some size mismatches and let them attack the basket almost at will. Besides, isn’t that supposedly Castle’s bread and butter move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom