2024 Recruiting: - Ahmad Nowell OV 6/8 | Page 24 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Ahmad Nowell OV 6/8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see how things change when Kimani leaves. He has a lot of important reaponsibilities for the team and has really stepped up.

Replace Kimani’s name with Bobby then Preston then Dave and you’ve covered it all. And yet, the teams keep winning. With dumb luck like that, who cares if he can’t coach?!

As for news, everybody is respecting the way Ahmad and those around him want to handle his commitment. I loved the last Imhotep kid Danny got, even though he only got to coach him for a year, and this could be an equally good match.

Reaction Score
Replace Kimani’s name with Bobby then Preston then Dave and you’ve covered it all. And yet, the teams keep winning. With dumb luck like that, who cares if he can’t coach?!

As for news, everybody is respecting the way Ahmad and those around him want to handle his commitment. I loved the last Imhotep kid Danny got, even though he only got to coach him for a year, and this could be an equally good match.

Part of good coaching (or any managerial role) is hiring to supplement your own blind spots/weaknesses. Wouldn't call it dumb luck as much as really smart hiring. "Recruiting" a good assistant is more important than any one player could be. Seems like Danny is pretty good with that.

Luke expanding the recruiting footprint. Tom and being a rebounding savant. Kimani has a great mind for offense and guard work. I imagine our hire after Kimani we'll want to be someone with strong NY connections again. Can't give up home turf.

Only ever heard good things about Imhotep players and I enjoy their games more than most teams. They play a good brand of defense and team-first basketball. They're not as talented as a Montverde or anything, but they play the right way.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I’m just dreading the first 2 point loss of next season. It’ll be much worse than this.
And they'll still be wrong. I reject the premise. It's a small sample size that will correct itself over time.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Having Bobby bring his west coast ties will be interesting. Might start recruiting coast to coast for real, not just a one off.

Reaction Score
Having Bobby bring his west coast ties will be interesting. Might start recruiting coast to coast for real, not just a one off.

Oh no, that’s not what I meant. Those are just Dan’s other former assistants who people have always attributed his success to. He stays being lucky and dumb. Amazing!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Oh no, that’s not what I meant. Those are just Dan’s other former assistants who people have always attributed his success to. He stays being lucky and dumb. Amazing!
I don't think anyone , even on this shithole board, doesn't fully credit coach for ultimate success. No matter who the assistants are. If they don't they are morons (no shortage of those here, it's a fricking message board). He built it, asst coaches and all, and then he won it. Dan is a northeast guy UConn is a northeast school, he knew exactly what the deal is in this environment, so save me the thin skinned BS. The underdog thing works once, now we ain't. Lets run it back.

Dan hired GREAT assistants who should be, and will be, Head Coaches in short order. I still expect the same results from Coach.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone , even on this shithole, board doesn't fully credit coach for ultimate success. No matter who the assistants are. If they don't they are morons (no shortage of those here, it's a fricking message board). He built it, asst coaches and all, and then he won it. Dan is a northeast guy UConn is a northeast school, he knew exactly what the deal is in this environment, so save me the thin skinned Stop. The underdog thing works once, now we ain't. Lets run it back.

What are you going on about?

Reaction Score
B12 sucks.

I couldn’t care less about the Big 12.

I would love to save you the thin skinned Stop underdog, but I have genuinely no idea what you are even saying.

August_West

Reaction Score
I couldn’t care less about the Big 12.

I would love to save you the thin skinned Stop underdog, but I have genuinely no idea what you are even saying.

Did you get hackles up about people crediting his asst coaches?

Reaction Score
Did you get hackles up about people crediting is asst coaches?

Of course not. What a silly question.

Do I think it’s funny that a lot of URI fans were completely sure that David Cox was the reason for their success and then they were awful under him? I do, yes. And now he has to work with Kevin Willard, which seems like an awful time.

August_West

Reaction Score
Of course not. What a silly question.

Do I think it’s funny that a lot of URI fans were completely sure that David Cox was the reason for their success and then they were awful under him? I do, yes. And now he has to work with Kevin Willard, which seems like an awful time.

No one should have to work with Kevin Willard.

Reaction Score
She put me on ignore for responding I think Rick Pitino is fine with waking up as Rick Pitino each day. Lolz

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And that way he is a perfect match for us, because our last three national championships have all been "lucky" ones or so I hear. Here's the thing, successful people, and the organizations they run, make their own luck.

Reaction Score
She put me on ignore for responding I think Rick Pitino is fine with waking up as Rick Pitino each day. Lolz

Me too, for the assistant coach thing earlier in this thread. She's oddly sensitive.

I said Kimani has a big role in our success and that Dan hires assistant well to fill gaps. I don't get what's so contentious about that, but whatever.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yeah, but the point they are going for is such transparent nonsense. Heck, Dan credits his assistant coaches.

August_West

Reaction Score
Yeah, but the point they are going for is such transparent nonsense. Heck, Dan credits his assistant coaches.
Who is making that point?

Reaction Score
Me too, for the assistant coach thing earlier in this thread. She's oddly sensitive.

I said Kimani has a big role in our success and that Dan hires assistant well to fill gaps. I don't get what's so contentious about that, but whatever.

Feel free to message me with any questions you have. You’re the one taking it seriously and being insulting.

You also can’t possibly think your last sentence is actually what this conversation is about. You just can’t.

Reaction Score

Of course he does. Anything he’s ever won, he says it’s all about getting the right players and hiring the right colleagues. That statement is 100% accurate. They’re great. Is anyone questioning that? If you’re not someone who has been saying for the past 10 years that his success is solely due to others, it’s not about you. Feel free to move on past it. When you’re someone who has seen this play out for that long, it’s humorous.

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
1-5 in close games could just mean the refs were against you. Refs can easily swing a tossup by a few points to get the outcome they prefer. ... On the other hand in a blowout, they're unlikely to try to swing the game, it would be too obvious. ... So winning all the blowouts but losing the close games might tell how the referees view you.

Reaction Score
1-5 in close games could just mean the refs were against you. Refs can easily swing a tossup by a few points to get the outcome they prefer. ... On the other hand in a blowout, they're unlikely to try to swing the game, it would be too obvious. ... So winning all the blowouts but losing the close games might tell how the referees view you.

No, he sucks. He said it himself!

“Listen, I suck at close games. So we had to blow everybody out.”

Can’t wait for someone to take this post overly serious, too.

August_West

Reaction Score

Nah,. It is a thing, but I don't think it is any longer. Calhoun was known as a tight coach who knocked on the door in the 90's a bunch of times before he got to FF. Then he just did it, and that myth was gone (but it had a tad of merit until then). Hurleys close game deal had merit (just a small amount) but I feel that he has now just blown right through it to a Natty, and it won't be an issue any longer. We will still lose close games, everyone does. That's a sign of a good team, but I bet we close a lot out more going forward. Just a hunch. Im not worried. (unless we go to B12, then we might as well bury this program under the ocean)

Reaction Score
Another ball on rivals:

1689803064836.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members