2024 Recruiting: - Ahmad Nowell OV 6/8 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Ahmad Nowell OV 6/8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are REALLY in overdrive on these OVs for early June. We'll basically have an OV on campus for 2 weeks straight.

June 2-4 (?): 2023, Spencer
June 8-10: Nowell
June 9-11: Betsey
June 12-14: Ngongba and Abraham
June 20: Howard

Should get Givens and Swartz on campus at some point as well.

Let's get Howard, Ngongba and Nowell by the end of the summer. Shall we?

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how coaching staffs balance/juggle recruits at the same position but I would say if Nowell hints at a commitment on this visit the staff would have to accept that right away instead of trying to play games and wait on Fland right? It appears that Flands recruitment is moving slower and would be risky to try and wait.

I would be happier with a Nowell in the hand over a Fland in the bush if you will.

Reaction Score
Would folks want a 100% chance at a Nowell commitment over an 80% chance at a Boogie Fland commitment? I’ve always been more of a bird in the hand guy. Both guys are terrific prospects so sign me up on either one.
Absolutely. We don't want to get Diallo'd.... Newell will be as good as Fland. We take the first one that commits.

Reaction Score
Absolutely. We don't want to get Diallo'd.... Newell will be as good as Fland. We take the first one that commits.

Having watched them both 3+ times, I believe Nowell will be a better player.

Fland has a deeper bag, better athleticism and height, and has a freakish feel for the game... but I'm not convinced his style of play is going to lead to a TEAM winning games. Too much dribble and questionable shot selection in AAU and HS. He's also extremely frail and will not hold up on defense.

Stats only from the 16 EYBL games... Nowell is more efficient and a better passer.

Nowell:
14/5/5
2.3 TO, 0.3 BLK, 1.6 STL
51% FG, 40% 3FG, 84% FT

Fland:
15/4/3
1.8 TO, 0.4 BLK, 1.8 STL
44% FG, 33% 3FG, 77% FT

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Having watched them both 3+ times, I believe Nowell will be a better player.

Fland has a deeper bag, better athleticism and height, and has a freakish feel for the game... but I'm not convinced his style of play is going to lead to a TEAM winning games. He's also extremely frail and will not hold up on defense.
How would you compare Swartz to Nowell?? One or the other or can they play together -- from your eye..

Reaction Score
Ahmad is a bucket- getter.. One man fast break.. Looks like a UConn guard to me
Yeah, he's got class UConn lead guard vibes for days.

For any staff members reading this post via their burner accounts, I'm on vacation starting June 14th if you need any extra help with these visits as an unpaid volunteer. Send me a PM.

Reaction Score
How would you compare Swartz to Nowell?? One or the other or can they play together -- from your eye..

Swartz is a SG through and through. Can easily play together.

Givens and Nowell are the two PGs we should compare.

Both come from top-tier high schools with high levels of coaching. Givens is probably a little less talented than Nowell--his offers aren't as good. Nowell is also probably like 5'10 and Givens looks more 6'1. You take a commitment from either in a heartbeat though.

Givens EYBL stats....

16/3/4
2.6 TO, 0 BLK, 1.1 STL
40% FG, 34% 3FG, 77% FT

Reaction Score
Heard we were option B (at best) for Fland. This news of this visit is very good IMO. Staff has shown they know how to shift/pivot.
Seems like Fland is just "playin" us" until he gets what he's lookin' for.. Just a vibe.. Staff is doing the right thing to look at options sooner rather than later..

Reaction Score
Seems like Fland is just "playin" us" until he gets what he's lookin' for.. Just a vibe.. Staff is doing the right thing to look at options sooner rather than later..
I want guys that want to be here. Guys that take a slew of late visits are making good business moves for themself to maximize their situation. I can’t fault them for it. But I think Hurley wants a certain type of player that wants to be here and be part of a tradition that’s bigger than just them, but also serves to help them get in the league and showcase their ability.

Reaction Score
Heard we were option B (at best) for Fland. This news of this visit is very good IMO. Staff has shown they know how to shift/pivot.
Yeah he doesn't seem to talk about UConn like he does some of the other schools on his list. Seems we are behind those teams but who knows. Get the visit and you never know.

Reaction Score
Ahmad Nowell – The tough guard from Philadelphia was among the most consistent guards in camp and finished things off with 19 points and eight assists in the Top 30 game. Few in the class of 2024 are going to be more physically ready to make the jump to college basketball than the four-star guard.

Reaction Score
I will say this about Nowell.. Perhaps optimistically rather than realistically.. We have had some amount of success developing shorter CG/PG with obvious talent.. And get looks in the League (or longer).. KEA/Bazz/Kemba/AJ to name a few.. Don't know if Nowell is legit 5'10"-6'..Done growing or not.. Never say never on the League.

Needless to say.. Would be electric with the athletes he'd be playing with at UConn. Hope he enjoys Storrs the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom