2023 Winter Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2023 Winter Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jocyte (Lyon, ASVEL- Ligue Femenine de Basketball ), Malonga (Lyon, ASVEL), Kosu (UMMC Ekaterinburg - Russian PBL), and Puoch (Jayco Southside Flyers, Australian WNBL) all play for top level professional teams. Not 100% sure but I think they’ve relinquished their eligibility to play NCAA WBB. Didn’t check #7-#14 in your list.

I’ve read on the UConn Recruiting Thread that Jocyte isn’t being paid a salary by her Club, instead an allowable stipend that would still grant her the option to attend College. With her age, she’d likely be class of ‘24, so I guess we’ll see by November what her plans are.

Reaction Score
Anybody know when these top international players usually commit?

RankNameCountry
1Justus JocyteLithuania
2Dominique MalongaFrance
3Anastasiia KosuFrance
4Cassandre roserCanada
5Annika Patricia SoltauGermany
6Nyadiew PuochAustralia
7Ariadna Termis CasasSpain
8Kati OllilainenFinland
9Dyani AnanievAustralia
10Emily KalenikPoland
11Dallas LoughridgeAustralia
12Georgia GrigoropoulouGreece
13Adja KaneFrance
14Isobel BorlaseAustralia
15Agata MakuratPoland
I believe I heard somewhere that Malonga expected to stay in the professional league and wasn't interested in coming to a US college. She may have been too good for that, figuring she could star in Europe without that step. Jocyte while apparently weighing her options, may be facing similar trade-offs, but I think she would also have significant NIL prospects here even with foreign restrictions, and of course back home, so building a brand here might be part of her considerations as well.

Reaction Score
I’ve read on the UConn Recruiting Thread that Jocyte isn’t being paid a salary by her Club, instead an allowable stipend that would still grant her the option to attend College. With her age, she’d likely be class of ‘24, so I guess we’ll see by November what her plans are.
Thanks for clarifying. The Eurobasket Lyon ASVEL roster page shows Jocyte without an agent so she does remain eligible if she doesn’t draw a salary.
I believe I heard somewhere that Malonga expected to stay in the professional league and wasn't interested in coming to a US college. She may have been too good for that, figuring she could star in Europe without that step. Jocyte while apparently weighing her options, may be facing similar trade-offs, but I think she would also have significant NIL prospects here even with foreign restrictions, and of course back home, so building a brand here might be part of her considerations as well.
Malonga and Kosu both represented by agencies. Suggests they will forego NCAA BB.

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, Jocyte may have, or is eligible for, US citizenship since she was born in the US. If so, I don't think the NIL restriction on foreign players earning NIL money would apply to her, but I don't work for the State Department.

Reaction Score
@triaddukefan
I like our chances!
Screenshot_20230517_093957_Instagram.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230517_093957_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230517_093957_Instagram.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 60

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Cori Close lands her third 2024 commitment for the UCLA Bruins. From what I've seen, this combo guard is a lefty, with an accurate long-range shot.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
A huge and unexpected coup for Coquese Washington in the spring signing period. Ranked #60 in Hoopgurlz top 100.

Maybe not so unexpected when you hear this background: Coquese Washington was one of the lead recruiters for Lisa Thompson when Coach Q was at Notre Dame. The interest between coach and prospect must've been genuine to have Ms. Thompson head considerably further east on Rte. 80 than South Bend! Congrats to both player and coach.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
This Rutgers team for 2023-2024 is going to be an intriguing one. They played hard last season. Looking forward to seeing how they develop this year.
If Destiny Adams is "unleashed" to run the floor, she can impact a game. Reminds me a lot of Cassandre Prosper, now that I think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom