2023 Winter Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2023 Winter Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
On a different board, my predictions were Baylor, Texas, Arizona, Duke, and LSU. So, 3 out of 5 correct. Baylor not being included is a surprise.
@SECbbfan24

So, no Baylor. Where do you think she might end up?

I have to admit, given how much attention Ms. Strong has gotten over on the UConn Recruiting thread, I was surprised to see Carlton list UConn.

Reaction Score
@SECbbfan24

So, no Baylor. Where do you think she might end up?

I have to admit, given how much attention Ms. Strong has gotten over on the UConn Recruiting thread, I was surprised to see Carlton list UConn.
I think the safest bet is Texas IMO, excellent school/program in state, but I could also see her at any of her top 5 schools. Her mom and her have had a relationship with Kim for a number of years before she moved on from Baylor and LSU isn't super far away with a fast growing program. SC and UCONN, enough said, elite programs with great coaches so it never surprises me when they are in the mix or land big recruits like Carlton.

Not sure what to make of Arizona but Adia is a excellent recruiter and has a good program at AZ

Heck of a final 5 list for Justice. If I had to pick today I would guess Texas but I give up truly trying to understand recruits/transfers because they all are unpredictable at times.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
3 of those head coaches have national titles. The other 2 head coaches have coached in the national championship game.

Every Texas assistant coach re-posted her IG post in their stories. Texas players Aaliyah Moore and Rori Harmon were quick to congratulate her. While she's very familiar with Texas and its players, and plays for a summer club (CyFair Elite) that has sent many of its players to Texas, 4 of her finalists are out of state; so, seems like staying in-state is not a priority.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
OLD MAN Rant ahead:

I'm not gonna criticize these kids (well maybe I am), but it seems like its always the same 5-7 schools on all of these lists. UCONN, SCAR, UCLA, Zona, Chapel Hill, ND, Texas, LSU. Where are the UVA's, Dukes, New Mexico, UTEP's... are they chopped liver?

Tired of these top 5 lists. At least MBB is more balanced.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
I'm not gonna criticize these kids (well maybe I am), but it seems like its always the same 5-7 schools on all of these lists. UCONN, SCAR, UCLA, Zona, Chapel Hill, ND, Texas, LSU. Where are the UVA's, Dukes, New Mexico, UTEP's... are they chopped liver?
Um... Kara has recruited exceptionally well at Duke and recently landed a top prospect

LSU spent like 10 years never being on these lists until this past year.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yeah, it's definitely cyclical. I think UCLA went almost 2 years without landing anybody at one point. Now they are raking in the recruits. You never know.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
OLD MAN Rant ahead:

giphy.gif
LOL including Duke with that second group is crazy… especially when their recruiting is just as good or better than a few teams in that first group.. also kind of misleading considering Duke has one of the best recruiting classes in the country coming to campus in the fall…

..AND Fournier coming the year after. If that’s chopped liver then SC would like some. :cool:

Poor Dookie.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
After the Baylor-UConn game this year, and especially after Nikki’s post game presser, I’m surprised every Texas kid doesn’t have them on their shortlist. Maybe old folks don’t see these things the same way younguns do, but I thought Nikki came off really well then. She seems like an excellent coach to me.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
After the Baylor-UConn game this year, and especially after Nikki’s post game presser, I’m surprised every Texas kid doesn’t have them on their shortlist. Maybe old folks don’t see these things the same way younguns do, but I thought Nikki came off really well then. She seems like an excellent coach to me.

CNC is a great person as well and has the best interest in young women!! I think she was a great hire.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
OLD MAN Rant ahead:

giphy.gif

LSU is because of Kim Mulkey! Love her or hate it's the facts! And had she still been at Baylor Carltons list would have had Baylor instead of LSU.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
LOL including Duke with that second group is crazy… especially when their recruiting is just as good or better than a few teams in that first group.. also kind of misleading considering Duke has one of the best recruiting classes in the country coming to campus in the fall…

..AND Fournier coming the year after. If that’s chopped liver then SC would like some. :cool:

Poor Dookie.

Haven't you ever come across a old person ranting and raving... you don't try to reason with them and present facts. You just let them rant until they get tired... or fall asleep. :oops:

Reaction Score
Toomey with Thomas will be good together I think. “The Big T’s”….

I’d like to see Duke get an elite big. Toomey/Thomas vs. Fournier/an elite 5 would make for some great rivalry matchups.

Reaction Score
I wonder where ND is looking as far as bigs go. Thomas was on their list-now off. Koval, Strong I know are on their list. ND keeps their visits “hush hush” though (for the most part). We shall see I guess…

Reaction Score
I wonder where ND is looking as far as bigs go. Thomas was on their list-now off. Koval, Strong I know are on their list. ND keeps their visits “hush hush” though (for the most part). We shall see I guess…
Who is Koval considering? Outside the visit to Stanford, its been pretty hush hush

Heard Strong has visits lined up to UNC, NC St, LSU and UCONN later in the year along with a few more schools.

Reaction Score
Who is Koval considering? Outside the visit to Stanford, its been pretty hush hush

Heard Strong has visits lined up to UNC, NC St, LSU and UCONN later in the year along with a few more schools.
ND had GOT TO get a post for 2024 (in my opinion). We shall see I guess. I feel they’re “looking” at those two with Ume (#27 in 2024-from Maryland), and Mikayla Blakes (#29-2024-NJ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom