2023 New school commitments by Transfers | Page 26 | The Boneyard

2023 New school commitments by Transfers

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
They go where the playing time is, I suppose.
Morrow would’ve started at SC too. If Reese went to SC she probably comes off the bench last year which is crazy to type/think about.

Reaction Score
Morrow would’ve started at SC too. If Reese went to SC she probably comes off the bench last year which is crazy to type/think about.
I do not really think so, but who knows really.

Honestly, I don't think she's that big a plus for you guys either. Not sure you really needed an undersized four that shoots in column and poorly either, but you probably needed the depth.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I don't think she's that big a plus for you guys either. Not sure you really needed an undersized four that shoots in column and poorly either, but you probably needed the depth.
I think Morrow's shooting will improve playing with better players around her (similar to her freshmen season) not jacking up terrible shots consistently every game trying to carry the team. That said her size is the only knock and she will have to develop more consistent perimeter shooting, especially to play at the next level. She may get lots of good looks with Reese inside.

Plus in LSU's case, they needed her after losing Ladazhia Williams and Rosario is basically a project year one.

LSU had a forward a few years ago (Ayanna Mitchell) who was a 6'0 forward who was a rebounding machine despite being undersized and performed well vs the top teams. It can be done, but you got to have the right player and work ethic for it

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I do not really think so, but who knows really.

I'm not an LSU fan. I think she actually would've been a perfect fit at the 4 for SC to pair with Cardoso and was hoping she'd commit there since she could've elevated SC and had a better chance at a go to role. I disagree with the statement about shooting poorly/being undersized (it comes off as sour grapes tbh) but I do agree that Morrow coming isn't a major net plus for LSU. She chose a program that is already stacked and doesn't need her to make a big impact. That said, Cardoso did the same thing a couple of years ago and it's worked out quite well for her, but she was fine coming off the bench and playing in a limited role her first year. We'll see how it goes with Morrow at LSU.

Reaction Score
We have a new commit but for the life of me I have no idea who it is.

Coach Norman has been doing this thing on Twitter when we get a new commit, and she created a new check mark yesterday. ( which by all accounts is shocking because it is Derby weekend here and work stops mid week around here).

I imagine we Might hear something early week
226B2E06-61C3-4690-ADD6-EA1DE919CC85.jpeg

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
We have a new commit but for the life of me I have no idea who it is.

Coach Norman has been doing this thing on Twitter when we get a new commit, and she created a new check mark yesterday. ( which by all accounts is shocking because it is Derby weekend here and work stops mid week around here).

I imagine we Might hear something early week View attachment 88072
Transfer or high school player??

There is still some great mid major players in the portal and a few high level D1.

Reaction Score
Transfer or high school player??

There is still some great mid major players in the portal and a few high level D1.
Coulibaly still available I think?

I figured Louisville would want more post presence although not exactly sure there is much available in that department at this point.

Reaction Score
Coulibaly still available I think?

I figured Louisville would want more post presence although not exactly sure there is much available in that department at this point.
Def, but not sure there is much to choose from in the portal.

Reaction Score
I'm not an LSU fan. I think she actually would've been a perfect fit at the 4 for SC to pair with Cardoso and was hoping she'd commit there since she could've elevated SC and had a better chance at a go to role. I disagree with the statement about shooting poorly/being undersized (it comes off as sour grapes tbh) but I do agree that Morrow coming isn't a major net plus for LSU. She chose a program that is already stacked and doesn't need her to make a big impact. That said, Cardoso did the same thing a couple of years ago and it's worked out quite well for her, but she was fine coming off the bench and playing in a limited role her first year. We'll see how it goes with Morrow at LSU.
I personally have never particularly wanted Morrow and would much rather give the minutes to Feagin and Watkins dating back to before she even put her name in the portal.

Was not popular with my own crowd at the time for that.

Reaction Score
I personally have never particularly wanted Morrow and would much rather give the minutes to Feagin and Watkins dating back to before she even put her name in the portal.

Was not popular with my own crowd at the time for that.
I shared your sentiments. It’s about time to see what those kids can do. Turn ‘em loose!

Reaction Score
Only if you think JUCO POY is an equal replacement to the NPOY and #1 draft pick.
She will be a backup to Cardosa who replaces Boston as the starter at post. We may not be strong at post as last year but we’re very, very good there. Possibly the best ( Though Ayoka Lee is coming back from injury)

We may be better at the four with Feagan and Wadins replacing Saxton. Feagin might even slide out to the three in a super big lineup. Let’s not forget Chloe. Frosh Jah will need to work to see much time at 3.

Overall, I think our front court has a chance to be as good as last year. Write us off at your own peril.

We should be better at point with a year’s experience for Raven. Poa Poa can back her up or play shooting guard. Hall is the Jack of all trades who can play at 1,2 or even three when we need more perimeter offense. Fulwiley might be the best guard we have offensively and she is a skilled ball thief. We’ll see how her hot dog styled meshes with Dawns disciplined game.

Johnson will see some shots from 3 but may not get much time due to needing to increase defensive skills.

Oh woe, we have no talent.

Two of our players were ranked in the 40’s in high school by HG. The others were all rated in the Top 25 including Raven at 2, Feagin at 4, Kamila at 7, PoaPoa 11 Watkins at 13. The talent is there. The only question is experience.

We may get a few losses early (UCLA ON THE ROAD AND ND IN PARIS look tough) but I don’t think anybody should be happy to see us in their schedule in February and March -especially at our place.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They addressed their 2 needs in the portal. An offensive backcourt threat that’s a danger from the arc and a fourth big. In Paopao, I feel they added the most perfect player in the portal for this team. She’ll join new starting PG Raven Johnson and play primarily at the 2, but I expect she will spend a decent amount of time as backup point and may move down to the wing in some rotations.

Kima is not coming in to replace Boston. It’s Cardoso and Feagin or Watkins who are replacing Boston and Saxton. We’ll see what a year in JUCO has done for Walker, whether she plays closer to her Rutgers days or last season.

Next season will be a transitional year with youth getting their opportunity with the team. The last two times South Carolina were in transition years, they won a national championship (‘16-‘17), and were going to be the #1 overall seed in the NCAAT if it weren’t cancelled due to COVID.

Reaction Score
She will be a backup to Cardosa who replaces Boston as the starter at post. We may not be strong at post as last year but we’re very, very good there. Possibly the best ( Though Ayoka Lee is coming back from injury)

We may be better at the four with Feagan and Wadins replacing Saxton. Feagin might even slide out to the three in a super big lineup. Let’s not forget Chloe. Frosh Jah will need to work to see much time at 3.

Overall, I think our front court has a chance to be as good as last year. Write us off at your own peril.

We should be better at point with a year’s experience for Raven. Poa Poa can back her up or play shooting guard. Hall is the Jack of all trades who can play at 1,2 or even three when we need more perimeter offense. Fulwiley might be the best guard we have offensively and she is a skilled ball thief. We’ll see how her hot dog styled meshes with Dawns disciplined game.

Johnson will see some shots from 3 but may not get much time due to needing to increase defensive skills.

Two of our players were ranked in the 40’s in high school by HG. The others were all rated in the Top 25 including Raven at 2, Feagin at 4, Kamila at 7, PoaPoa 11 Watkins at 13. The talent is there. The only question is experience.

We may get a few losses early (UCLA ON THE ROAD AND ND IN PARIS look tough) but I don’t think anybody should be happy to see us in their schedule in February and March -especially at our place.
I’m not writing y’all off, I have to winning the SEC to be honest. I just don’t see this is “reloading” as it’s more just having the existing talent on the bench developing and growing into new roles rather than replacing old talent with new talent.

Reaction Score

Gamecocks travel to UCLA in 24/25 season, skipping next season, to allow Dawn and the team to play at Stanford and at UCLA as part of a single west coast trip. Ironically UCLA will have joined the B1G by then.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom