2023 New school commitments by Transfers | Page 32 | The Boneyard

2023 New school commitments by Transfers

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

panther-panthers.gif

We coming

Reaction Score
And then there were none (at least on this list). Good luck to commitments and teams.
Back to high school recruiting ;)

Point Guards
  • Diamond Johnson, 5'5" Jr. (NC State, Rutgers) Norfolk State
  • Kennedy Fauntleroy, 5'7" Fr. (Georgetown) Oklahoma State
  • Taina Mair, 5'9" Fr. (Boston College) Duke
  • Jaden Owens, 5'7" Sr. (Baylor, UCLA) TCU
  • Ashley Owusu, 6'0" Sr. (Va. Tech, Maryland) Penn State
  • Endiya Rogers, 5'7" Sr. (Oregon, USC) Texas A&M

Guards/Wings
  • Beyoncé Bea 6’1" G from Idaho Washington State
  • Aicha Coulibaly 6’0" G from Auburn Texas A&M
  • Kendall Holmes, 5'11" Jr. (DePaul) South Dakota
  • Justine Pissot, 6'4" Fr. (Tenn.) Vanderbilt
  • Darrione Rogers, 5'11" Jr. (DePaul) Mississippi State
  • Jewell Spear, 5'10" Jr. (Wake Forest) Tennessee

Forwards
  • Denae Carter, 6'0" So. (Miss. State) Villanova
  • Erynn Barnum, 6'2" RS Sr. (Arkansas) Mississippi State
  • Kaitlyn Davis, 6'1" Sr. (Columbia) University of Southern California
  • Aneesah Morrow, 6'1" So. (DePaul) LSU
  • Evelien Lutje Schipholt, 6'2" Sr. (Cal) South Florida

Centers
  • Nerea Hermosa, 6'5" Sr. (Ga. Tech) Going Pro in Spain
  • Imani Lester, 6'3" Fr. (didn't play) (Louisville) Kansas State
I missed the Diamond Johnson announcement. Any thoughts on why she would go from a program as good as NC State to Norfolk St?

Reaction Score
I missed the Diamond Johnson announcement. Any thoughts on why she would go from a program as good as NC State to Norfolk St?
Never mind, I found the discussion. Anyone know if she’ll have to sit out a year?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Well, Iona is 110 miles away from Barnegat as opposed to the 117 to Lafayette, but got to factor in city traffic to get to southern Westchester. Outside of that, who knows? Iona made the NCAA's last year gunning away from three, but I don't remember Ally Carman launching the long ball in high school.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Well, Iona is 110 miles away from Barnegat as opposed to the 117 to Lafayette, but got to factor in city traffic to get to southern Westchester. Outside of that, who knows? Iona made the NCAA's last year gunning away from three, but I don't remember Ally Carman launching the long ball in high school.
Rutgers could have used her. Oh well.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

As I stated in the transfer portal thread, it will be interesting to see how she fits in their offence. The mix of forwards and posts for ISU and how they develop will be important this season.

Talk about a culture shock :eek:
That has to be one of the more extreme examples among the major conferences.

Reaction Score
Right. Seems as if that was the only option or the 1st one available.

Reaction Score

Who knows? Maybe she's looking for a quieter lifestyle after the past season? Your guess is as good as mine.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Who knows? Maybe she's looking for a quieter lifestyle after the past season? Your guess is as good as mine.

Well she should have come to High Point.... Or UNCG..... Its pretty quiet over here :D

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The only way she would be eligible is if she submits a waiver. It may be she wouldn't qualify because of the reason/s why she transfered.
Very possible. I'm still not clear on the waiver idea with respect to first time transfers after the deadline. Some believe it's possible and approval is likely. I'm of the opinion a waiver isn't an option. We'll see what happens with those who have gone into the portal after the deadline in time.

Reaction Score
Very possible. I'm still not clear on the waiver idea with respect to first time transfers after the deadline. Some believe it's possible and approval is likely. I'm of the opinion a waiver isn't an option. We'll see what happens with those who have gone into the portal after the deadline in time.

I believe the deadline is just that, a deadline. No exceptions. I mean, you can't put in the waiver, "I'm sorry. I missed the deadline". Supposedly there has to be just cause to get the waiver approval. It can't be be because of playing time or a coaching change.

Reaction Score
I believe the deadline is just that, a deadline. No exceptions. I mean, you can't put in the waiver, "I'm sorry. I missed the deadline". Supposedly there has to be just cause to get the waiver approval. It can't be be because of playing time or a coaching change.

That's my belief as well, however the impression I've gotten from other posts is that it may not be the case. Some believe that obtaining a waiver, if this is a first time transfer, is likely to be approved regardless of the reason. If I misunderstood them, then that's on me but that is how it's come across to me.

Reaction Score

An update. She's also going to redshirt this season. Wonder if this is due to the portal timelines or for development reasons.

I don't think this is a bad outcome for her or ISU. Cyclones already have a ton of new people to integrate into the mix next season. It's not like an unranked addition is going to move the needle much. The one thing of note for her at this point is she was recruited by Mulkey (and the only reason it's being talked about) and she must have seen something in her. It's a bit of a flier signing IMHO but maybe worth it.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
This is the former Warrior who entered the portal after the time when she could "plug and play." She'll have to put in for a waiver to play in 2023-24.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom